Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrmonkey
Stranger

These casings ready for the fruiting chamber???? (pics)
    #5881614 - 07/20/06 02:45 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Hey all,

I was hoping to get an opinion on these casings.

Should I patch them and let them incubate another day or two or should I patch them and put them in the grow box??

Thanks for the help in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegibiceh
Mudvayne

Re: These casings ready for the fruiting chamber???? (pics) [Re: mrmonkey]
    #5881650 - 07/20/06 02:59 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I would say patch them and put them in your growing chamber. Here is tek by hyphae for getting the most out of your casings.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3290155/an/0/page/0

--------------------

Are you feeling happy?

Offlinesplifner180
Student
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, East Coast
Re: These casings ready for the fruiting chamber???? (pics) [Re: mrmonkey]
    #5881671 - 07/20/06 03:05 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'm assuming that's hpoo. Let the substrate colonize 100%, then add on a casing layer (coir/verm maybe) around 1/2" to 1" thick. Then return it to the incubation chamber.

About 2-3 days later, you should see the myc poking through the casing layer. Add a thin layer of casing material to those spots. This is called "patching." Or, if you're lazy like me, you'll just clean your hands well and move the casing material from the areas where it's got too much to the spots you want to patch.

Immediately move that container into fruiting. The myc will continue to work through the casing layer for the next few days.

That's the way I do it. It's based upon hyphae's pinning strategy. Even if you use my technique I'd still strongly recommend you read his.

splif

--------------------
First Grow: Ecuador -> LC -> HPoo/Straw -> Monotub
Build a Do-It-Yourself Magnetic Stirrer in thirty minutes with no money.

Offlinemrmonkey
Stranger

Re: These casings ready for the fruiting chamber???? (pics) [Re: gibiceh]
    #5881678 - 07/20/06 03:06 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks man, I have that post bookmarked and my opinion was also to patch them and into the chamber they go but I just wanted another opinion as I dicked my last grow up. I was not sure if it was coming up even enough and I think remembering him stress that point.

Thanks man I will take your advice

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck