Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefrankthetank87
THE TANK
US Virgin Islands Mushrooms
    #5857965 - 07/14/06 12:58 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I am visiting the US Virgin Islands for a week in a few days, and I've tried searching for what kinds of mushrooms grow in that area. If anyone could be of any assistance, it would be most appreciated. (US Virgin Islands are right below puerto rico; carribbean.)

thanks!

--------------------
-frank the tank-
Anything said above by the user frankthetank87 is completely fictional and used for entertainment purposes only.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Re: US Virgin Islands Mushrooms [Re: frankthetank87]
    #5858206 - 07/14/06 02:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I bet that there could be cubes and copes there. Search Psilocybe cubensis and Copelandia cyanescens.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #5858228 - 07/14/06 02:20 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Find the "World Wide Distribution Of Species" paper posted at www.mushroomjohn.com

Offlinefrankthetank87
THE TANK
Re: US Virgin Islands Mushrooms [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #5858914 - 07/14/06 06:09 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Great, the closest thing I could find was the Dominican republic/cuba; which have psilocybe cubensis. Do you or anyone else know of a more precise evaluation?

--------------------
-frank the tank-
Anything said above by the user frankthetank87 is completely fictional and used for entertainment purposes only.

Offlinefrankthetank87
THE TANK
    #5858941 - 07/14/06 06:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

by the way, I'm going to St. Thomas.

--------------------
-frank the tank-

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #5859069 - 07/14/06 06:47 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not certain of this, but I suspect you will have difficulty finding cow fields in on St. Thomas. You won't have any difficulty finding a little green through.  :laugh:

OfflineNalu
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5859853 - 07/14/06 09:29 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Post back if you have any finds while you're out there. I'll be doing shark research in st. john come august, so i'd like to know if ya find anything interesting.. :cool:

Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
Re: US Virgin Islands Mushrooms *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Nalu]
    #5906637 - 07/27/06 08:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by freakygurl

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by freakygurl (07/27/06 08:07 PM)

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Re: US Virgin Islands Mushrooms [Re: freakygurl]
    #5907285 - 07/27/06 10:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I was in the same position as you, about to go to st thomas. My grandmother has 5 acres ontop of the whole island, primarily the north side. I coulden't find ANY info on st thomas based mushroom growth. However after I got there, one day at the beach I met some young guys who I was somehow related to by my last name. They were drying some really dank weed on a rock right off the shore.

We drank some 'elephant' beer as the sunset went down over magans bay (dont go on high noon too many tourists). Anyways they told me how shrooms are pretty much given away theyre so bountiful. I also met a guy who picks on st croix where there are alot more cows. DO NOT GO TO ST THOMAS NAIVE. You tresspass there and you will either be mauled by pitbulls or shot. It's extremely dangerous also from the very poor haitian community who will rob you and cut out your heart to eat.

In short, there is excellent pot (2 hits did me over), excellent cocaine (for $15 a gram too), and there are cubensis. You don't want to take the risk to get them though.

And always keep your mind clear when in charlotte amalie, I lived in the bethlaham house a homeless shelter right downtown, as the only white person for 3 miles, after I learned it was hard to live off the land on my grandmothers property. and I learned more in a week about life than I have my last 20 years. (im now 20, I was 19 when I went with my gf). Good luck on your trip, prepare for some non drug related mind expansion if you wander out of the cattle like tourists herding of the cruise ship tourists.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Edited by I2ancid (07/27/06 11:02 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #5908623 - 07/28/06 11:07 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

HEre are some of the Caribbean

CARIBBEAN (including Bahamas and Bermuda)
Bahamas
Panaeolus papilionaceus.

Bermuda
Claviceps paspali.
Copelandia cyanescens.

Cuba
Panaeolus papilionaceus.
Psilocybe cubensis.
P. plutonia.

Dominican Republic
Psilocybe cubensis.

Granada
Copelandia cyanescens.

Guadalupe
Claviceps paspali.
P. subbalteatus.
Psilocybe cubensis.
P. plutonia.

Jamaica
Copelandia cyanescens.
Panaeolus fimicola.
Psilocybe fuliginosa.
P. mammilata.

Martinique
Claviceps paspali.
Panaeolus subbalteatus.
Psilocybe caerulescens var. caerulescens.
P. cubensis.
P. plutonia.
P. yungensis.

Puerto Rico
Claviceps paspali.
Copelandia cyanescens.
Panaeolus fimicola.
P. papilionaceus.
Psilocybe cubensis.
P. guilartensis.
P. portoricensis.
P. subcubensis.

San Vincent Island
Panaeolus papilionaceus.

Trinidad
Copelandia cyanescens.
Psilocybe cubensis.

Please read the faqs posted here for this kind of information.

There would be either Cubes or copes at the Virgin Islands.

One or the other or both or none at all.

mj

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: US Virgin Islands Mushrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5908852 - 07/28/06 12:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

st thomas is only 5-100 miles from puerto rico so its likely there could be the same mushroom growth.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: US Virgin Islands Mushrooms [Re: I2ancid]
    #5908854 - 07/28/06 12:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

sorry 50-100 miles

--------------------

Offlinemushmovie
Looking forenlightenment
Male
Re: US Virgin Islands Mushrooms [Re: I2ancid]
    #5917986 - 07/31/06 08:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

When do you travel? Any luck/ Results?

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
    #5920249 - 07/31/06 10:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag