Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewazzad
Attempted Hunter

Loc: Aus
Found some! - Canberra Region
    #5853650 - 07/13/06 02:22 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

hey guys,

all the hard work and research has paid off, today I discovered these baby's in the thousands!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHeiligBoomerz
SelfIntrospector
Male

Loc: A Never-Ending REM Cycle
Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: wazzad]
    #5853674 - 07/13/06 02:40 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

What Sp are they?

I suck at iding psychoactive mushies

--------------------

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #5853694 - 07/13/06 02:56 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

those look like mycena - do they stain blue?

--------------------

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5853700 - 07/13/06 03:02 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i agree they dont look like subs or actives to me

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

Offlinewazzad
Attempted Hunter

Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: tryptonite]
    #5853728 - 07/13/06 03:32 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

they stain incredibly blue!,

some were blue when picked but all turned VERY blue on the way home

OfflineMagicalKnife
Shroomologist
 User Gallery

Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: tryptonite]
    #5853730 - 07/13/06 03:33 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Probally thought they were liberties. :mushroom2:

--------------------
?

Offlinewazzad
Attempted Hunter

Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: MagicalKnife]
    #5853738 - 07/13/06 03:41 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

from what I understand, and from what i have seen, thin stemmed mushrooms that turn (bright) blue are a winner?

I couldnt find any information on a thin stemmed bolete species or anything that looked remotley similar.

The habitat was growing off wood debris/soggy undergrowth, mostly next/under old logs that were located in a Pine forest.

The stems were white as ghosts, the cap varied from grey to brown, they pulled out easily and stained blue within minutes,
the gills were not white more of an off brown/grey.

I really hope these are actives cause the bloke i went picking with ate some, he was dead sure. . . ??

HELP!

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5853770 - 07/13/06 04:38 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bluemeanie said:
those look like mycena - do they stain blue?

I agree that by the look of those pictures they look a lot like many mycena species.

Do a spore print and see what color it comes out to. If mycena, it would be white. Growing off of wood/woody debris even further suggests mycena.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5853775 - 07/13/06 04:41 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Also eating unidentified mushrooms is very unsafe. The edibility of most mycenas is unknown.
Some have been known to turn blue, yet there is no proof that they are active.
Eating things just because they blue is bad practice. Not all bluing mushrooms are active.

It might be in the best interest of your friend to take some specimens along with him and seek medical help just to play it safe.

--------------------
The OG Thread Killer

Offlinewazzad
Attempted Hunter

Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: eris]
    #5853793 - 07/13/06 04:54 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I have a sample ready just in case, however he is 100% sure that they are them, no cramps, itchyness, swelling or bloating just a 'stoning high'
(he only ingested a small amount)

eris, from what i understand the only bluing non-active mushroom is the bolete? I have never seen any information refering to bluing mycena?

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5853799 - 07/13/06 04:56 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

There are multiple species of gilled mushrooms (non-boletes) that can exhibit bluing or have blue coloration and that are not active.

There have been confirmed finds of bluing mycena...

--------------------
The OG Thread Killer

OfflineHeiligBoomerz
SelfIntrospector
Male

#5853858 - 07/13/06 06:31 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'v never heard of bluing mycena's either.

Thoses arn't libs tho right? too light colored gills?

The stem does look mycena tho, maybe its a albino liberty lol?

--------------------

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

OfflineHeiligBoomerz
SelfIntrospector
Male

Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: HeiligBoomerz]
    #5853864 - 07/13/06 06:37 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Those must be M. subcaerulea.

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/mycena_subcaerulea.html

Never heard of them :smile:

EDIT:

Now that i think about it i found a young mushroom with its cap that was completly dark blue, looked like mycena form too, had no idea wat it could be. Never looked into it further since i couldnt get a sporeprint. Found it about month ago too.

--------------------

Edited by HeiligBoomerz (07/13/06 06:40 AM)

Offlinemoshroom
curious
Loc: Ausvicmel s.e
Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: HeiligBoomerz]
    #5853882 - 07/13/06 07:08 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

IMO they dont look anything like what u should be finding in canberra i would be doing some more 'hard work and research' it might prove worthwhile if it saves ur life.

--------------------
Magic Mushrooms are just natures way of saying High!

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5853897 - 07/13/06 07:26 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Hi wazzad :smile:
Those look exactly like some blue Mycena species we find here in N.Z.
The bluing is very similar to psilocybin bruising but they are usually blue around the margin of the cap without damage.
inski.

--------------------

Offlinewazzad
Attempted Hunter

#5853932 - 07/13/06 08:17 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

for starters moshroom, why be a dick on a forum dude, you dont look cool?
sadly its wankers like you that dont offer help but pure comments of idiotism that make it harder for me and others to get 'quality' information, how hard would it be to suggest a species of psyclobie found around canberra?, maybe a habitat rundown? . . . . . . . no I forgot that would make you look 'uncool'

inski, after looking at the info on blueing mycena it does look like it, thanks for the nice response.

HeiligBoomerz, cheers for the info, might be a winner, well i will give it a couple of days (5-7) and if my mate aint dead then goodo!

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: inski]
    #5853934 - 07/13/06 08:18 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i just picked the same mushie in my lawn today but i dont think it brusied blue. i had just enough time before work to pick 10 or so then put a cap down for a print and take picks. my whole lawn is full of them

--------------------
=================================================
if you have any questions please feel free to pm me , thx :-)

OfflineOSUbucksfan
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East PA, USA
Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: royer]
    #5854404 - 07/13/06 11:39 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I second wazzad. There are alot of assholes who think they look cool by ripping on other people who are serious about their ID-ing. Nice Pics wazzad!

Happy Hunting!

--------------------
The lunatic is in my head... there is someone in my head but it's not me! -Pink Floyd

We trip the 'shrooms fantastic and shit gets drastic elbow pull and kick. We trip the 'shrooms fantastic 'n sit gets drastic, check it out -311

Co Cavs!

Offlinemoshroom
curious
Loc: Ausvicmel s.e
Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: OSUbucksfan]
    #5856265 - 07/13/06 10:19 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

im sorry if that came across as a bashing, but u did say you did a lot of hard work and research, therefore u should know that the only sp worth looking for are ps.subaeruginosa. if you had read up enough you would know that already and we would not be having this conversation. ps.subs are found in bark, the mushrooms you have there have been picked from grass, firstly you wont find anything worth eating in australian grass. i have the best luck under eucalyptus trees growing from bark.
all of this is documented throughout the this site so im wondering where you have done your research? there are sections and threads specific to australia, hell people have even posted their patches on some threads. if you actually read these you would have a much clearer idea of what you are looking for.

I actually do try to help, as u can see in one of ur earlier posts i was the first to reply to u and u thanked me. that was a couple of weeks ago and if your still picking random mushrooms after stating that you had done alot of hard work and research then that angers me, so does the fact that you let someone eat some without knowing 100% that they are fine to eat, how would u feel if they died because of that? thats why i may seem like im comming across as a hardass... people dont realise that even one bite of the wrong mushroom can cause death.

ps i actually do not see how that post can be taken the wrong way, it has a positive spin on it, also i do not stoop to swearing and insulting anyone. browse thru any of my posts, never done it. check your own manners before you throw accusations and insults around. Do not blame me for your lack of sucess, put in some real hard work and you will be sucessful.

--------------------
Magic Mushrooms are just natures way of saying High!

Edited by moshroom (07/13/06 10:36 PM)

Offlinewazzad
Attempted Hunter

Re: Found some! - Canberra Region [Re: moshroom]
    #5856615 - 07/14/06 12:20 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

moshroom said:
im sorry if that came across as a bashing, but u did say you did a lot of hard work and research, therefore u should know that the only sp worth looking for are ps.subaeruginosa. if you had read up enough you would know that already and we would not be having this conversation. ps.subs are found in bark, the mushrooms you have there have been picked from grass, firstly you wont find anything worth eating in australian grass. i have the best luck under eucalyptus trees growing from bark.
all of this is documented throughout the this site so im wondering where you have done your research? there are sections and threads specific to australia, hell people have even posted their patches on some threads. if you actually read these you would have a much clearer idea of what you are looking for.

I actually do try to help, as u can see in one of ur earlier posts i was the first to reply to u and u thanked me. that was a couple of weeks ago and if your still picking random mushrooms after stating that you had done alot of hard work and research then that angers me, so does the fact that you let someone eat some without knowing 100% that they are fine to eat, how would u feel if they died because of that? thats why i may seem like im comming across as a hardass... people dont realise that even one bite of the wrong mushroom can cause death.

ps i actually do not see how that post can be taken the wrong way, it has a positive spin on it, also i do not stoop to swearing and insulting anyone. browse thru any of my posts, never done it. check your own manners before you throw accusations and insults around. Do not blame me for your lack of sucess, put in some real hard work and you will be sucessful.

ok,

as for the post having a 'positive spin', I didnt take it that way because it seemed quite harsh and blunt. I do apologise for swearing, that was uncalled for. I base all my searches around the P.subs, I have many books and (100's) of photos on the Psyclobie Mushroom species. I do not go along picking 'random' mushrooms, after 3 hours of hunting I returned with 2 species (both of those growing ON woody undergrowth, ie: bark), one which I identified as a Galerina the other has now been identified as Mycena. Dont get me wrong I had my suspicions, and IN NO WAY informed my friend to eat these, it was done on his own behalf and just thank goodness there has been no sideffects. (as for me not knowing the consequences of eating the wrong mushroom, I refuse to even 'taste' a mushroom im not sure of (this is mentioned in almost all the books i have read)

I will pick any mushroom that turns blue upon picking, maybe this is overkill but from what I have seen there are reports of many more species other than the P.subs that can be found in australia, although rare if never checked how would one know?

some species I have been told to look for asides from P.subs:
Ps.semilanceata - not sure on this? - seen some reports
Ps.strictipes
Ps.aucklandii - rare here
Ps.tasmaniana - rare here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate