Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Not thinking by thinking.
    #5841626 - 07/10/06 07:57 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have noticed that my problem is not that I think.... it is that though I think, I am not volitionally doing it. Perhaps a symptom of overexposure to noise in the form of tv, radio, other people having conversations, etc, so that you assume that there must always be some sort of dialogue going on somewhere? Perhaps why songs are in our heads?

It is as if my thought processes have been hijacked and put on a perpetual auto-pilot, but there is no destination, just constant circling.

I learned on cannabis something particularly interesting. Though I am not sure how the finest remnants are applicable to sobriety.... the gist of it is that you simply think.

You use that voice in your head, the same as if you were to activate the vocal cords, and you think. You do this relentlessly, constantly.... not stopping... until an escape veolicity is reached. Because though I have not yet started the sentence that I am about to write after this one, I already know what it is.

Actually that refers to the previous sentence, the escape velocity one...

But once you are thinking for such a long time that you already know what you are going to think before you think it..... you get in tune with the "author" of your thoughts... namely YOU.

See for me it seems like I am not the author of "my" thoughts, like they come from some persistent non-existent pesterer....... and if for some reason my thoughts are off-line, this fellow will conjure up a song and put it on loop.

It as if I am diseased with not thinking, so some other mind popped up into place to start things up.

So if I sit down and think, consciously, which is the big focus here.... CONSCIOUSLY...... I start to attain a contrast between the thinking voice, and the idea generator.... where does the thinking voice get what it's about to say from?

There is an eventual dichotomy where upon only thinking one word, you already know in your head the entire sentence you are about to think.

And the ultimate goal is that eventually you use your own thoughts to bore a hole deep enough into the source of them, that you can now reside in source and watch the thoughts bloom up and automatically wilt away without being watered.... you can just let the weeds die without planting them.

So instead of old mcdonald had a farm.
You might think, "old" then "mcdonald had a farm" is thought, not by you, but rather, sort of "heard" and it just disappears.

and you're quiet for a bit.

Then instead of thinking "God bless America"
You think only "God" and the rest of it dies.
and you are like "ahh that's nice" but instead you just think "ahhh"

and it's a bit of a complicated tango....

But that is how I penetrated into silence once. I took about 2 small hits of mids, to get just the slightest alteration, and chased what was going on in my head.

This was quite a long time ago. I kind of feel like if your brain won't shut up you should just give in and give it so much thought that it kind of surrenders..... better than it thinking of its own accord while you are sleep-walking around?

if you are able to naturally slip off into sleep without much resistance this is good to do at night, too. sort of perhaps a way into an auto-suggestive state, maybe.... i haven't done it much.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (07/10/06 08:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Not thinking by thinking. [Re: leery11]
    #5841653 - 07/10/06 08:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting post.

I think our brains are bored and it will do the "eight track loop" of songs to keep itself entertained, for example.

Also, it's capable of multitasking. While it is keeping us breathing, at an even temperature, etc. it can also be playing Sony PlayStation while thinking about what's for dinner etc.

Your "spamming attack" on the brain is a good idea for shutting the brain down if it's silence you desire. Seems like a lot of conscious effort and the brain will likely revert to 8 track mode fairly quickly of it's own nature. Still, it might be worth it if one has the patience and perseverence. "Silence is golden."

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Edited by LunarEclipse (07/10/06 08:25 AM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Not thinking by thinking. [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #5841678 - 07/10/06 08:45 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

the multitasking is a good point, because we have sort of stratified our attention in a thousand little pieces over the ages, and are never doing JUST what we are doing, we are always doing something else, too.

the mind follows suit.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#5841740 - 07/10/06 09:17 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

autopilot indeed

control is not at the wheel or at the stick (in a plane),
but at 3 higher level instances
1) the "I prefer this over that" programming console,
2) slamming on the brakes to the autopilot, or
3) intentionally loosening while the autopilot says tighten up.

anyway it's more of a rollercoaster robot ride than an airplane

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Not thinking by thinking. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5842456 - 07/10/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Now that I've addressed ire way, one would realize how to switch from autopilot into the here n now,

one is bored you see, and this causes a rif, a rif with your attension and your enthusiasm,

while dialouge is getting the filtered, many people will wonder, about tommorow, about alot of things that have no relevalance, see if filtraton isn't in place, one is worried all the time, then one can't focus on the particular challenge in front of oneself,

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5842513 - 07/10/06 01:38 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

"Thoughts are like symbols, we all use them; but, we need not own them!" ...
-Unknown :p

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Not thinking by thinking. [Re: capliberty]
    #5842520 - 07/10/06 01:40 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

useful if you program the console to be more interested.
this can be achieved by pretending.
i.e. going through the motions with the intent being to program the console.
problem is if you forget the intent, you become disillusioned and bored again.
good luck

--------------------

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Not thinking by thinking. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5842589 - 07/10/06 02:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

does this not compute

the ire way, knows all to well that the console is always engineered for intended purposes only,

only when one sees that one is irrelevant, he will then see his relevance to the cause, such as a machine, the machine knows not its relevance to situation, but yet it performs its task with precise order and command, see not a lot static communication occurs due to the interference of ones importance

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#5842618 - 07/10/06 02:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

not that kind of a machine.
practiced routines stick
including ornery ones
including sarcastic ones
including self depreciating.......
anything practiced sticks.
that's the kind of machine it is.

--------------------

OfflineSchwammel
Auk

#5842643 - 07/10/06 02:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

shouldn't if be... thinking by not thinking? after all if you don't think you you don't exist

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds