Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Loc: Next door to you
Dangerous to eat shrooms?
    #583416 - 03/19/02 01:58 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

hello, i was wondering if there are some shrooms that you can grow that can kill you, if consumed. I know that if you go pick shrooms out in the wild, then you can pick one that will kill u without a liver transplant. are there any that can grow like that if you grow them yourself?? or is there any extremely harmful contaminations that your mushrooms can pick up? ok thanks for your help
keep the peace
hatch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Dangerous to eat shrooms? [Re: rain_angel]
    #583915 - 03/20/02 03:55 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

If you want to grow cubensis and the result is other mushroom (wich to my knowlodge has never happened) then you switched spores, well, i mean it's very unlikelly to happen, you don't have to be an expert to distinguish cubensis mycellium from other mycellium, also the fruitbody is easeally identified. Anyway, if you go to the wilderness that is called "Hunting", at home is "Growing", can you see the diference ?

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #585063 - 03/21/02 08:35 AM (22 years, 13 days ago)

The reason home growers buy spores from trusted vendors is to help ensure that they are getting a nonharmful product. If you buy spores from a trusted vendor, the chances of you growing a poisonous mushroom by accident are probably less than the chances of you getting hit by lightning... twice.

It is pretty easy to grow contaminates while trying to grow shrooms. The majority of these contaminates are not harmful to humans, but some are. Contamination is pretty easy to detect... it looks nasty and sometimes smells wrong as well. Since it is hard to know if a contamination is good or bad, everything that is not 100% clean mycelium is tossed.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Loc: Next door to you
Re: Dangerous to eat shrooms? [Re: Seuss]
    #585259 - 03/21/02 12:26 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

so if i see anything that isnt white, then toss it basically?? im thinking of investing in a HEPA air filter,is that worth my money, or am i just wasting it? ok, thanks so much for the help!
peace
hatch

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #585358 - 03/21/02 02:21 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

> so if i see anything that isnt white, then toss it basically??

Assuming that you are growing P.Cubensis, then yes. There are three exceptions to this rule. Bruising and dryness cause blue areas to form. Excess water causes the mycelium to yellow. When the spores drop, they turn anything under them a dark purple/black color.

I would say the number one most important item to have is a pressure canner. After that I would work on a good terrarium and incubator setup. A HEPA filter is worth the money, but not as important as the others in my opinion.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules