Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHarmonic_Order
Nshudimasupatogata
Male User Gallery

Loc: Out on the Street
A Little help here?
    #5830734 - 07/07/06 07:21 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Some of you might remember that cactus I posted about, the one that needed brighter light? Well, i started leaving it out against the wall to get more light. Just when things started to get stormy recently, I took it into the basement of the apartment building to wait out the rains. Well, some heartless fuck took my beautiful cactus and dumped him in the Dempsey, breaking him in half. The pot had maggots in it, and the cactus had worms. It broke my heart.

Well, never one to go down without a fight, I wrapped up the top half in newspaper to callus and put it away. The bottom half presented more of a challenge, as the maggots got All In It. I left it downstairs in a secluded place overnight, then took it out to maybe re-pot. The vandal completely fucked up the root sytem, and the cactus stood at an angle. All the soil had slumped over to one side. Rather than disturb it, I smothered the top in sand. I figured this might keep the insect life at bay (It works with those little flies in potted plants).

The broken top quickly developed smelly, mushy rot. Small grubs also swam in that ooze. I keeeel them. I tried scooping out the rot and wiping the flesh underneath with alcohol swabs, but no dice. Finally, I amputated the rot this morning, leaving about six inches of healthy cactus above the soil.

The top half fared better. I checked the other day, and it has callused with no rot on the body. The broken edge has a small area of rot with mold, but only about two square inches. It does penetrate about two inches, though. Real quick, i need to get some answers to these questions: a) how do i prevent new rot and encourage callusing on the rooted section, and b) how can I safely remove the rot from the severed part?

Please please please help. If you guys can offer any advice on how to save my cactus's life, I appreciate it.
Thanks.

--------------------
.oOo. Are you high? .oOo.
.oOo. You look like you're on some kind of drug .oOo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
Re: A Little help here? [Re: Harmonic_Order]
    #5830752 - 07/07/06 07:42 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

you need to get all the rott mold off? take a knife wipe it down with alcohol cut the rott clean off all of it even a little will spread. it is good to cut a good half inch away from the root in to the good part of the cactus. you want to be safe . the rooted part of the cactus might be a little tricky the top takes a little longer to heal it might also turn a darker color in some spots but if it is rot or mush cut it off. also if you cant get it to stop rotting. cut the cactus right off the roots and let the whole thing dry scab and then reroot. that might be you best way considering all those bugs and stuff.

--------------------
=================================================
if you have any questions please feel free to pm me , thx :-)

Edited by royer9864 (07/07/06 08:35 AM)

OfflineHarmonic_Order
Nshudimasupatogata
Male User Gallery

Loc: Out on the Street
Re: A Little help here? [Re: royer]
    #5830969 - 07/07/06 10:15 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, man. Both of you.

This incident has me mystified. Who does this type of thing?
The pot and soil weighed at least forty-five pounds, and the whole plant even more. Not to mention the precariously tall and tippy shape, covered with vicious needles. That means that, unprovoked, some nut hauled about forty-five pounds of well-armored cactus, in a pot unsuited to easy carrying, up a flight of stairs and all the way to the dumpster.

I truly have no enemies in this neighborhood, and anybody who dislikes me does not know where i live. Who does this without reason? As a young hood, I might have destroyed somebody's cactus, but that means baseball-batting the plant. and leaving it where they can find it. No way can I see myself, even at my most antisocial, carrying this heavy-ass cactus that far and covertly disposing of it. Really weird.  :cuckoo:

--------------------
.oOo. Are you high? .oOo.
.oOo. You look like you're on some kind of drug .oOo.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom