Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJonnyDeformed

Male User Gallery

Loc: Directlyundertheearthssun...
Quick question regarding substrate
    #5829744 - 07/06/06 10:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

done a search, can't find any info on this. Probably my shit searching skills so forgive me if this info is actually floating around.

I know you're not supposed to pat down the casing layer, but what about the crumbled substrate? I just cased 3 pints of crumbled bird seed and used a spoon to even the substrate before applying the casing... i basically packed it in tight. Will this be a problem?

--------------------

dubiousness
Dubious compound

it is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
A penalty for possession of a drug/plant should not be more damaging than the drug/plant itself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
Re: Quick question regarding substrate [Re: JonnyDeformed]
    #5829766 - 07/06/06 10:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

well, it might add a few days to your colonization, but it's too late now. it'll all knit back together, but i've always seen that you try to make a loose even layer so the myc can repair and start working up through the casing.

you should be fine though, mushrooms are resiliant.

--------------------

InvisibleMasFina
Snow Shredder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Quick question regarding substrate [Re: liamtheloser]
    #5829810 - 07/06/06 10:37 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You should spawn to poo dood. But, yeah, it might be a slight problem. It won't breath as well and the myc won't grow as fast. It will work though. SPAWN TO POOOOOOOO NEXT TIME. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

--------------------
A Good Substrate: Poo With Extras
Good Liquid Culture, Step by Step
Timer Modification
PM me if you are interested in buying 140ml syringes. $6 each + $7 shipping

OfflineJonnyDeformed

Male User Gallery

Loc: Directlyundertheearthssun...
Re: Quick question regarding substrate [Re: MasFina]
    #5829848 - 07/06/06 10:49 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yeah I've got shit loads of poo in the sun drying out.. gonna give it a go next time... cheers

--------------------

dubiousness
Dubious compound

it is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
A penalty for possession of a drug/plant should not be more damaging than the drug/plant itself.

Edited by JonnyDeformed (07/06/06 10:49 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract