Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Just to clarify- My views on "racism"
    #5827528 - 07/06/06 12:43 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Since the other thread got a bit out of control, I'll step up here and clarify some things.

I think that rap music, and the culture that it promotes, is bad for society in general. I think that black youth would be much, MUCH more likely to integratate into our society if they acted, for lack of a better word, "more white". They need to realize that you really can't have vastly different cultures, and I'm referring to 'rap' culture and traditional AMerican/Western culture, and have those vastly different cultures mesh. It just wouldn't work to have some G'ed up homeboy running a Fortune 500 company, you've got to act like the 'host culture', in this case, white/western culture.

The entire multicultural dream is a ignorant, pathetic failed social experiment. The thought that you can have people maintain their own unique, and vastly different, culture while still integrating into the host culture is absurd and insane. I'm not sure who came up with the idea that people of a different culture could come here, not integrate into Western/White/American culture and stil suceed, but it's not going to work. If you want to suceed in America, you have to integrate. It seems that blacks and mexicans are on one end of the spectrum, with large percentages of them refusing to speak English properly, to dress in the fashion that most Americans do, to get an education, to care about education, to get a 'real' career, to, in other words, integrate into the culture that we've formed.

To give an example of a group that does come from a very different culture, look at Indians (the country) that come here. Usually within one generation, their children are attending colleges, the parents are owning companies and pursueing a real career and, most importantly, they have retained connections to their culture. An Indian girl I know, named Shree, speaks Hindi and English and her dress often does reflect that of India. I think that is a great example of how someone can integrate into society and still maintain ties to their heritage.

So, bottom line, when a large percentage of blacks are out listening to rap music, driving around in piece of shit cars, wearing "gangsta" clothing, supporting and condoning the "rap" culture of promiscuity, "fuck whitey", "fuck uncle toms", criticizing blacks who are "Acting white", etc, they won't go anywhere. Not that I use this word much, but I think that blacks that act like that truely are the "niggers" of society. I think that blacks, Mexicans, or any other person from a 'different culture' who manages to escape the trap of welfare and ghetto living should be seen as a positive role model for black/Mexican youth, especially if they manage to make something of themselves witout resorting to athletics or "music".

fin.

--------------------
Unions are the bastions of the mediocre. - luvdemshrooms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: xDuckYouSuckerx]
    #5827658 - 07/06/06 01:26 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:
Since the other thread got a bit out of control, I'll step up here and clarify some things.

I think that rap music, and the culture that it promotes, is bad for society in general.  I think that black youth would be much, MUCH more likely to integratate into our society if they acted, for lack of a better word, "more white".  They need to realize that you really can't have vastly different cultures, and I'm referring to 'rap' culture and traditional AMerican/Western culture, and have those vastly different cultures mesh.  It just wouldn't work to have some G'ed up homeboy running a Fortune 500 company, you've got to act like the 'host culture', in this case, white/western culture.

The entire multicultural dream is a ignorant, pathetic failed social experiment.  The thought that you can have people maintain their own unique, and vastly different, culture while still integrating into the host culture is absurd and insane.  I'm not sure who came up with the idea that people of a different culture could come here, not integrate into Western/White/American culture and stil suceed, but it's not going to work.  If you want to suceed in America, you have to integrate.  It seems that blacks and mexicans are on one end of the spectrum, with large percentages of them refusing to speak English properly, to dress in the fashion that most Americans do, to get an education, to care about education, to get a 'real' career, to, in other words, integrate into the culture that we've formed. 

To give an example of a group that does come from a very different culture, look at Indians (the country) that come here.  Usually within one generation, their children are attending colleges, the parents are owning companies and pursueing a real career and, most importantly, they have retained connections to their culture.  An Indian girl I know, named Shree, speaks Hindi and English and her dress often does reflect that of India.  I think that is a great example of how someone can integrate into society and still maintain ties to their heritage.

So, bottom line, when a large percentage of blacks are out listening to rap music, driving around in piece of shit cars, wearing "gangsta" clothing, supporting and condoning the "rap" culture of promiscuity, "fuck whitey", "fuck uncle toms", criticizing blacks who are "Acting white", etc, they won't go anywhere.  Not that I use this word much, but I think that blacks that act like that truely are the "niggers" of society.  I think that blacks, Mexicans, or any other person from a 'different culture' who manages to escape the trap of welfare and ghetto living should be seen as a positive role model for black/Mexican youth, especially if they manage to make something of themselves witout resorting to athletics or "music".

fin.

Well said  :thumbup: 

I hate this PC world of ours today, you can't speak the truth with out being called a racist. :crazy:

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5827665 - 07/06/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yup. I also think that this PC multiculturalist bullshit has gotten white peoples heads all messed up. If a white guy expressed white pride, hes viewed as a racist, or gets the typical "What does white even mean" rhetoric. Any other race does it, hell yea, the media supports it.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5827731 - 07/06/06 01:45 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

White guilt is a huge problem. One of my white friends once said, "I think the world would have been better off with out the white race".

The fact that someone can say this about their own race speaks volumes. You would never catch a (insert any other race here) saying the same about their race IMO.

A huge part of it is slavery, but I live in Canada where this never occurred, so I am still trying to figure out how he could say such a thing. Even if I lived in the states, I would not feel guilty about slavery, sure it was a horrible horrible thing, but I had nothing to do with it.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5827787 - 07/06/06 01:55 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Though not to anywhere near the extent of the US, there still was slavery in Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Canada

On topic, though, I think every race should be proud of itself. I also think people should act however way they want, as long as it doesn't harm me personally. I just don't want to hear anyone complain to me when their choice of way of living does not pan out for them.

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: Redstorm]
    #5827799 - 07/06/06 01:57 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Agreed. If blacks want to act like n*ggers, thats fine, but don't be upset that a resume of prison time, gang banging and cooking rock doesnt' get you hired on to run Microsoft.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5827817 - 07/06/06 02:00 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:
Agreed.  If blacks want to act like n*ggers, thats fine, but don't be upset that a resume of prison time, gang banging and cooking rock doesnt' get you hired on to run Microsoft.

Take that resume to the NAACP and you will be working in no time!  :smirk:

But to state a very important thing black people =\= gangsters. Its the gang bangers I don't like. There are white gangbangers too, and I hate them just as much.

--------------------
Capliberty:

Edited by alpharedecho (07/06/06 02:01 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5827828 - 07/06/06 02:04 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

But to state a very important thing black people =\= gangsters. Its the gang bangers I don't like. There are white gangbangers too, and I hate them just as much.

:thumbup:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5827860 - 07/06/06 02:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

On the subject of multiculturalism, I have mixed feelings. I don't think immigrants should have be fully assimilated just for the sake of it, nor do I believe they should hang on to tradition just for the sake of it. Some traditions are fine, while others are harmful. The most important thing is knowing when it's appropriate and when it's not.

I think you're right about the stigma of blacks who "act white." In reality, it's not even acting white, but rather, acting professional. I'm white, and yet I don't go to a job interview dressing the way I normally dress and talking the way I normally talk.

I think one problem is that black culture as we know it started from slavery, and never fully recovered. It still, to this day, seems to me like a slave culture. The times have changed, but the culture is still lagging behind. I don't know what's going to give them the boost they need for a paradigm shift, but it certainly isn't any of the things we've tried. Ultimately, the black community is going to have to make the change for themselves.

--------------------

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: Silversoul]
    #5827884 - 07/06/06 02:34 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I don't necessarily believe in 'full assimilation'. I guess they should assimilate just to the point that they can interact. If they want to speak their native tongue at home, thats fine, but don't expect to come here speaking Hindi and get a job as a doctor if you can't speak any English. It's got to be understood to immigrants that coming to America is a change in their life, not just moving to the Yankee land to get our free benefits and continue speaking their language.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5827900 - 07/06/06 02:38 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I find it very sad that these illegal immigrants are demanding for services....IN SPANISH! Learn english, or leave IMO. Also, have you guys heard of la raza? What part of assimilation means you are trying to conquer your host countries southern states, so that they become part of your home country?(the country you left in the first place)

--------------------
Capliberty:

Edited by alpharedecho (07/06/06 02:39 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #5828685 - 07/06/06 06:09 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

This is an interesting thread. I'll address a few issues I see here.

"White" pride is just as absurd as "black" pride or "gay" pride or any of that other "pride" shit. You didn't have a fucking thing to do with achieving it so what is there to be "proud" of. I feel exactly the same way about the whole bullshit "guilt" issue. Not only am I not guilty but the indictment needs to be thrown out. All of this is utterly irrelevant to my personal behaviour. I did not "achieve" whiteness, it was thrust upon me. I feel no contrition whatsoever for any bad acts committed by any other white man. Nor do I feel that Einstein's achievemnts reflect the least little bit on me. I didn't do it. Any of it. If your source of "pride" is the color of skin you were born in you are pretty unaccomplished. If your source of "guilt" is the color of your skin you are a useless quivering twit who no amount of "therapy" will help. Or you live on the Upper West Side. Same difference.

Multi culturalism. Well, it's all well and good to have a nice St Paddy's Day parade. I do like to get 'faced now and then. And ethnic restaurants are a true blessing. But at the end of that day, that ONE day, everybody goes back to being an American. How's this? Let's let each group of peckerheads have a day. ONE day. That's it. Then they have to get their heads out of their asses and go back to spending the other 364 days being Americans. Or they can go back where they came from. If you come here you must come with the intention of being an American. Not a temporary American. An American. (I do not intend to include diplomats or workers for foreign companies.)

Language. Fine, don't learn English if you don't want to. But you only fuck yourself. Absolutely no government accomodation should be made for any other language (private groups can do whatever the fuck they want). The immigrant is 100% responsible to figure out how to survive.

The "Glorification of da Pimp". Nigger, please, I aint got no time for dat shit. We gots us hoes and ussens rock and fuck all you dumb bitches whut buys us FUBU shit. Yah. Fitty cent da man. We all be fittys.
Stupid dumb motherfucking losers with no chance of redemption. But that's not because of their skin color. Please see stupid movie about white losers traveling to Chicago trying to be down wit da homes. Alienated losers of whatever color will always strive to create a personal universe within which they can fabricate some semblance of achievement which sets them apart from the "squares." See Hunter Thompson's brilliant "Hell's Angels" (he got hospitalized for just this conclusion, the losers didn't like it). It has ever been thus, thus will it ever be. I don't know any of these niggers personally, white or black, but they make for great street theater when I feel the desire for that particular amusement. Just to clarify and reiterate my position on these assholes note the persistent use of the word "loser."

Any notion of racial supremacy or inferiority is for small dick losers insecure in their own personal achievements (since there are zero females here I can avoid the whole gender superiority issue. Because I'm lazy). They wish to bask in the glory of those to whom they bear a superficial and irrelevant resemblance. You are neither George Washington nor George Washington Carver. You are, alas, only you. Now get out there and be somebody yourself

--------------------

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5828780 - 07/06/06 06:26 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Can I bill you for the time that I spent trying to deciper/translate tha?

--------------------

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5828799 - 07/06/06 06:31 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:
I don't necessarily believe in 'full assimilation'. I guess they should assimilate just to the point that they can interact. If they want to speak their native tongue at home, thats fine, but don't expect to come here speaking Hindi and get a job as a doctor if you can't speak any English. It's got to be understood to immigrants that coming to America is a change in their life, not just moving to the Yankee land to get our free benefits and continue speaking their language.

Is non-English speaking immigrants really a problem? I have only met one person in my life who didn't understand a single word of English, and she was just in the country for a funeral. Ever immigrant I have ever met was capable of adapting to an English environment, so I'm not sure what the source of all these short fuses over language are coming from. Sociologically, most people pick up on a new language automatically if they're in that country long enough, so I don't think immigrants and speaking English is as big an issue as some make it out to be.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5828841 - 07/06/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:
Can I bill you for the time that I spent trying to deciper/translate tha?

I was gonna send you a bill for tuition.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5828849 - 07/06/06 06:44 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

No wonder all you can take pride in is something you had nothing to do with

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #5828887 - 07/06/06 06:51 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
I hate

:sad: :mushroom2:

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: debianlinux]
    #5828907 - 07/06/06 06:56 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

debianlinux said:
Quote:

alpharedecho said:
I hate

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: Basilides]
    #5828942 - 07/06/06 07:04 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Is non-English speaking immigrants really a problem?

Define the question more. Do you mean to ask if the people that can't speak english are a problem, per se, or if their are enough of them that can't speak english for it to merit being called a problem?
Quote:

I have only met one person in my life who didn't understand a single word of English, and she was just in the country for a funeral. Ever immigrant I have ever met was capable of adapting to an English environment, so I'm not sure what the source of all these short fuses over language are coming from.

Where do you live? Your anecdotal evidence belies what I saw when I was in Texas and New Mexico. Even around here, the "Mexican Stores" don't really speak any English, and they look at me like i'm invading their property when I come into buy mexican food.
Quote:

Sociologically, most people pick up on a new language automatically if they're in that country long enough, so I don't think immigrants and speaking English is as big an issue as some make it out to be.

So you agree, then, that immigrants should speak English and that we shouldn't force every white American to learn every language on the planet to appease the immigrants?

--------------------

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

#5829025 - 07/06/06 07:21 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Define the question more. Do you mean to ask if the people that can't speak english are a problem, per se, or if their are enough of them that can't speak english for it to merit being called a problem?

The later. If there was a list of problems posed by legal immigration, where would the the minority of non-English speakers stand respectively?

Quote:

Where do you live? Your anecdotal evidence belies what I saw when I was in Texas and New Mexico. Even around here, the "Mexican Stores" don't really speak any English, and they look at me like i'm invading their property when I come into buy mexican food.

Simple: It's a mexican store, speak Spanish. If you don't know any Spanish, then leave. This is a private Mexican store in AMERICA, buddy, learn the language or shop elsewhere.  :shocked: Yes, shocking sentiment in such times for the language police, but you are aware that Mexican store was probably privately owned.

Quote:

So you agree, then, that immigrants should speak English and that we shouldn't force every white American to learn every language on the planet to appease the immigrants?

For their own sake, an immigrant should learn the local language to make it easier on themselves. Living in a country whose language you don't understand poses all sorts of problems for anyone. As for kicking people out of the country because they don't know English, that's simply stupid. There are intractable learning difficulties that make it impossible for some people to speak a language outside their native tongue.

That being said, if someone moves to another country, and spends several years in that country without picking up a single word of English, I would imagine such a person would have to have a learning disability, because most people after a long enough period of time can pick up on a language without even consciously realizing it. Heck, spend a few months in France, on your return to the states you'll have to remind yourself to speak English again.  :smirk:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates