Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepaintednightsky
Stranger
 User Gallery
question about growbags (new at this)
    #5815108 - 07/03/06 08:39 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

So I bought a growbag at the sporebank. Right now the mycellium is about 90 percent colonized. Am I supposed to wait till the shrooms grow before I put it out into indirect light or now? And for how many days about will I have to give it 12 hours of light a day?

And does it grow inside or outside the bag? I'm guessing inside but all the pics on that site show it growing outside the bag? For your info I grew the B+ cubenis strain if it makes a diff. Thanks ahead of tim e for any input and help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: question about growbags (new at this) [Re: paintednightsky]
    #5815136 - 07/03/06 08:54 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You are supposed to let it colonize 100%

Then give it some light

It will pin and the mushrooms will grow right inside the bag

When the veil is broken, cut open the bag and pick the fruits

At this point you can dunk or just seal the bag back up and wait for another flush.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinepaintednightsky
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: question about growbags (new at this) [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5815176 - 07/03/06 09:17 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Ok thanks. I knew that made sense but didn't want to screw it up the first time after putting 50 bucks into this.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5815182 - 07/03/06 09:18 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

you should really get the equipment necessary to make your own bags...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflinedjInfctdMushroom
Stranger
Female
Loc: seattle WA
    #5815535 - 07/03/06 11:13 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

making your own bags is scary im scared to do it and i have everything needed only cause i dont see like brf/verm mixs its like grain hpoo and grain wood its all too confusing for me i just build a FC and im good

--------------------
po box'x and bowling alleys are a growers best freind :thumbup:
No statements made in any post or message by any persons and/or parties should be constructed to concieve means or measures that I am now, or have ever been, involved in or considering participation or involvement in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction and thats a fact.  dunking tek video  knock substrate tek video  rye grain knock tek video
i asian.. self explanitory right

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: question about growbags (new at this) [Re: djInfctdMushroom]
    #5815567 - 07/03/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You have a large PC and a sealer? Carlio has an awesome recipe if your interested, I can post...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinepaintednightsky
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5816208 - 07/03/06 02:21 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Well I plan to do this type of thing very occasionally, not continuously and figured either way its cheaper then buying it around here 1t 30 bucks per 1/8th. I just figured it's not worth my while to get all the supplies if I don't do it on a frequent basis.

I saw in another post about breaking it up? My bag is like solid pretty much all around except from the back of the bag. So I'm supposed to break it up as well?

OfflineYamidude
Stranger

#5816210 - 07/03/06 02:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yes, gently break it up to spread the myc to any areas that aren't 100% yet.

Offlinepaintednightsky
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: question about growbags (new at this) [Re: Yamidude]
    #5816227 - 07/03/06 02:28 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Well I tried breaking it up right now but it feels really solid so I'm not sure if its ok to break it all up? I haven't touched the bag at all for about 25 days now and now theres just a small maybe half inch wide line across in the back that hasn't colonized.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5816250 - 07/03/06 02:38 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I usually break it up at about 30-50% colonization. if its beyond that, I just leave it be. Had a couple bags that colonized 90% then stalled out (the bottom was too wet) I decided to try and fruit them anyway, produced a nice flush they did. But its much better at 100% colonization...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Invisiblebartak59
KOWALSKI

Loc: Bomba Shack
    #5816286 - 07/03/06 02:48 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Equilibrium, I would be interested in that recipe you are referring to. I've been looking to make my own grain-based bag, but am wondering what sort of goodies to put in it. thx

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: question about growbags (new at this) [Re: bartak59]
    #5816323 - 07/03/06 03:00 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

This is Wronguy's recipe. I didn't formulate it, he did. I use it. It works excellently.

Quote:

Okay, I'll share. Now the ingredients were compiled with the help of Blue Helix and Agar. There is nothing exotic in here, but it has a good nutritional profile. This recipe is for 4 large filter patch spawn bags. It will fill them within 2 1/2 inches of the bottom of the filter patch and lays out perfectly in 19 quart containers with a substrate depth of 3 1/2 inches.

The recipe is as follows:

48 Cups of horse manure (shredded)
24 Cups of vermiculite
16 1/2 Cups of dry WBS (do not soak or simmer)
4 Tablespoons of dry Kelp Meal
6 Tablespoons of Canola or Vegetable oil
21 Cups of water

Thoroughly mix all dry ingredients together. Now, add the water and mix again. Due to the human error factor on measurements, you may consider adding only 18 cups of water to begin with and adjust it from there. However, I have found that any measurements that are off are negligible in the moisture content.

After all the water is added, test your moisture content by giving the substrate a hard squeeze. You should only be able to extract a few drops from this, not a steady drip. If you find that your substrate is a little too wet, slowly add vermiculite until you get the right consistency. If you measure everything correctly this should not be necessary. The moisture content needs to be slightly dryer than normal to allow for the liquid culture you will inject later.

The final step is adding the oil. I prefer to add the oil in after the water has been added. I find it's much easier to mix in and doesn't stick to the substrate in one area or clump. Mixing the oil in with the dry ingredients will surely clump on you.

Load your spawn bags at the same time and make sure they are as even as possible. Now it does not matter where you mix this. I do mine in my garage. I know I'm going to sterilize the substrate so contaminates are less of a concern. Follow the tek by Blue Helix to complete it. I personally PC for 3 1/2 hours at 15 PSI.

After they have cooled just inoculate and wait.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract