Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemunter1234
spaciousmind
 User Gallery

a few questions about preserving......
    #5807832 - 06/30/06 09:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

so anyway i dried my shrooms (subs) and have since put them into little baggies, and tightly packed each one into a film canister.
the thing is, the powder of one batch is noticably darker than that of the rest of the shrooms..... i mean it is still dry as fuck but should i be worried that it is of darker colour and therefore definatly retaining some kind of moisture???

is tightly packing them into film canisters a good way to store them? i assume they are airtight and whatnot...

to put my mind at ease is there anything i can do in its current form to dry out the powder??? maybe put the little ziplock baggies closed on a screen above some desiccant in a container the same way i dried them in mushroom forms?

also --- one other question.... the container i was using to dry the shrooms in was a tuppaware container and i had scattered damp rid ( a form of desiccant i believe) around the bottom of it.....

its not my container and i was wondering if it is perfectly safe to give it a good thourough wash out and then resume using the container to store food in?? or will the remnants of the damp rid forever taint the container with poison or something?? its not really something i want to mess with in my food if it has the potential of sticking around.

thanks

Edited by munter1234 (06/30/06 09:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: a few questions about preserving...... [Re: munter1234]
    #5807973 - 06/30/06 10:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Good questions. It looks like some of your mushrooms (fresh) are lighter than others. Maybe some of the "powder" contains more of the lighter colored ones.
At any rate, when you open a bag to eat, take a whiff, if there is anything funky going on you'll smell it. If not, they're ok.
I store mine in baggies, cracker dry inside of an airtight jar in the refridgerator. I also fill the jar with c02 and a desicant capsule. Maybe overkill, but they keep for a mighty long time that way.
As for the desicant, I have never heard anything about it being dangerous in that way, but, I would research it if I were you. The answer is probably here at the shroomery.

my .02

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinedeadhorse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tamaki Makaurau, Aotearoa
Re: damprid [Re: munter1234]
    #5808870 - 07/01/06 02:59 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hey munter- I wondered the same thing about damprid. If it's the same as the one I use and is calcium chloride then that should be ok. While it can cause burns to the throat if ingested in its dry form, apparently it's not particularly toxic as a liquid- in fact they put small amounts of it in gherkins and shit to make them saltier. I'm no expert or chemist tho but it put my mind at rest.
Here's a link to wiki: wikipedia: calcium chloride
Hope that helps bro

--------------------
flogging a dead horse is a one man job

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies