Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMasFina
Snow Shredder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Cheap Ass Mini Greenhouse Tek
    #5797601 - 06/27/06 10:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

This is a way to make a greenhouse cheaply that works great. Here's what it looks like:

As you can see I have 3 plastic hoses going from the vicks coolmist into the GH, one to each level.

What to get: this 4 tier plastic shelving thing at Wall Mart for $10.

plastic drop cloth-$1 at wall mart, in the paint section

Duck tape

You can cut the plastic support tubes
to any length you need with a hacksaw.

This is about 3.5' tall and tucked neatly into the corner of my closet. You can fit a lot of casings on here.

I cut holes in the top 2 levels with a razor knife to promote airflow. It was a pain in the ass, so it's up to you if you wanna take it on or not.
All you do is use your duck tape and plastic sheeting to enclose the whole thing. The only edges that aren't permanently taped down are the left vertical edge and the top horizontal edge. This is so I have a flap to open. I close the flap by taping it in three spots along the left side. Put tape on the plastic of the left wall in the spots where you will tape to sothat you can repeatedly open and close the flap (it will rip the plastic if you don't, and it sticks firmly to duck tape backing and can be removed many times before replacing duck tape strips). The only ventilation hole is a very small one in the bottom left corner above the bottom shelf. A little air will leak along the flap edges too. This keeps positive pressure in there and keeps the humidity at 96% for me.

Water pooling at the bottom is not a problem. There is hardly any condensation and the humidity stays high.

Hooking up those hoses without damaging the coolmist was a big ordeal, so I don't wanna get into that right now. A lotta duck tape mostly. I think having even mist distribution at each level is helpful though. The vicks CM was $26 by the way.

This beats the crap out of a monotub in my opinion and takes up less space on the ground.

Also, if you don't wanna mess with hookin up tubes from the CM, you could just set it in the FC on the top or bottom shelf. You still have plenty of room for your shrooms.

Shroom on :mushroom2:

--------------------
A Good Substrate: Poo With Extras
Good Liquid Culture, Step by Step
Timer Modification
PM me if you are interested in buying 140ml syringes. $6 each + $7 shipping

Edited by MasFina (07/04/06 02:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletoole
white-thumb (Onewhackmycophiliac)
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: spore #1203 - bas 2.34 - ...
Re: Cheap Ass Greenhouse Tek [Re: MasFina]
    #5797640 - 06/27/06 10:46 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have close to the same style.

My gh is 4-tiers and has an actual "greenhouse" encasement; I prefer it even though the extra money; the zippers are helpful and the seams help keep the shape nicely (the pointed roof is helpfull for moisture)

Ran 2 humidifier vents from a single Vic's impeller

And for the hot days I have a window AC-unit ventalated through micropore tape (the humidifier is as well) ran into the opposing side.

It works incredibly well, I idle 73-77F, 93-96% humidity like a fox.

*oh and no worries...my humidifier was taken over by the duct tape..completely.

--------------------
-the adventures of suse and prescott.9-

..and the neverending triscut of doom !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag