Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
Valium to calm a trip?
    #5785950 - 06/24/06 03:44 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'm curious as to if anyone has any knowledge about this? I'm fairly unexperienced with LSD, and would like to try a pretty high dose, but am wondering if perhaps a valium (or two) would be able to relax me a bit if I feel like I am getting uncomfortable? (I'm very experienced with mushrooms, and have no problem having an enjoyable and enlightening experience - but LSD is something I've only dabbled in)

Any help or experience or links would be much appreciated... I'm also wondering about contraindications between the two.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Loc: Canada (not really)
Re: Valium to calm a trip? [Re: Ashland]
    #5786029 - 06/24/06 05:43 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

If your "unexperienced" with lsd then why are you wanting to take a "pretty high dose"? That sounds unwise to me. Why not just use "enough" to get there? High doses of lsd aren't garunteed to give you a pleasant experience, and valium will just fuck your trip up no matter how much lsd you take.

Use a reasonable dose of lsd 1-2 hits max, any more than that (if its good lsd) and you will not be happy. In my experience anyway.

Valium is shitty and will ruin any entheogen that you might be using, once agian in my opinion....and trust me I am vastly experienced with both valium, and LSD.

Now if you insist on using copious amounts of LSD, and will not be talked out of taking the diazapam, then I would recomend using the "little blue pill" to come down with after the acid starts to wear off. I would not take the valium while I was tripping, it would greatly reduse the effects and would probably be a shitty trip.

Good luck...

Phungi :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't Steal. The government hates competition!!"

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

Re: Valium to calm a trip? [Re: phungi]
    #5786193 - 06/24/06 10:04 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Who the fuck cares how much experience you have, are you going to say that many people don't take valium or other benzos to either calm them down from a trip, or for the comedown. Some people have accessive anxiety, and need to take benzos to NOT have a bad trip. I am one of those people, I take xanax everyday because of panic attacks and anxiety. I might be one exception, but a lot of people get body loads, negative thought, or other negative feelings from psychedelics and need benzos as well or else they wouldn't be able to trip without having a bad trip others might get bad feelings once in a while and take benzos to calm them down. I don't have a problem with your opinion, but to tell someone that you have a lot of experience, even though it is common for people to take benzos for tripping, you're leaving out a lot of information and being deceptive. The fact that you have so much experience leads me to believe that you have taken benzos while tripping more than two times, and if you didn't than you don't really know what your talking about. It took me a buncha bad trips to realize I needed to take benzos before dosing, I have mental problems though, but I don't think information should be withheld because you think that LSD+benzos=shitty trip. Give out all the information, as well as your opinion, but don't give your opinion and withhold information because you think a certain way.

Benzos can take the edge off of trip, but at the same time they can also just make you fall asleep, though this isn't very common on LSD. The more valium you take, the less anxiety and stress you have(one reason why it can be a good idea to have if you dose heavy). Benzos will not always take you out of a bad trip, sometimes it will, sometimes it will help, and sometimes it will do nothing. It can probally make the trip worse if you dislike the effects, but I have never personally heard of this happening, but I'm sure it has. 1 or 2 valiums will probally not have negative effects on the trip, though they might weaken the trip to some extent. If you haven't taken LSD very many times you might want to try a smaller dose, but if you are experienced with mushrooms you probally won't be suprised too much, especially if it isn't your first time though this depends on what you think a heavy dose is.

As I posted up above, psychedelics and benzos (valium) are a common mix because benzos overpower psychedelics to a point, if they ruin a trip or not is up to the user. If it was a popular opinion, I don't think so many people would use benzos and psychedelics, though most use it for the comedown, still many use it for the trip, especially if it gets too intense. This is because benzos calm you down and take the edge off, the less stress, the better the trip imo (though I don't think too many people will argue with that.) What I or anyone else thinks really doesn't matter, if you like benzos sober you probally won't dislike them while on LSD. You might not like aspects of them, but you can still feel the effect of valium thru the LSD.

If you can, going thru a trip without benzos is probally the best imo, but if you feel any negative feelings and if you have any problems, I would say go for it. If you don't want to take the valium, I would suggest at least having it with you in case you change your mind. Benzos for the most part are used as an aid for other drugs, whether for psychedelics, alcohol, opiates methadone especially, MDMA comedown, cocaine comedown, meth come down, even for marijuana comedown . Than of course a wd aid, and a sleep aid. Though not all of these are "safe" they are all common uses of benzos. Using it as an aid is quite common, recreational use of benzos is usually in combonation of another drug. Taking psychedelics and benzos is nothing new. Either way don't read too much into anyones opinion, use your opinion on what you know of valium now, if you take it for mushrooms, well LSD is pretty much the same ballpark. If you don't like how it goes with mushrooms, you probally won't like it with LSD, same ballpark once again. Have fun and good luck.

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Valium to calm a trip? [Re: twiggedoubt]
    #5786414 - 06/24/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

good info. phungi only has his opinions, which are his, so they might not be suitable for you.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
Re: Valium to calm a trip? [Re: mushiemountain]
    #5786527 - 06/24/06 12:47 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the responses guys! To clear things up... no, I'm not taking "copious amounts" of acid, just more than I'm accustomed to. Secondly, I didn't plan on taking the Valium unless I felt like I needed to, so there's a very good chance I won't even want to take it.

p.s. thanks a lot twigged, real nice info!

OfflineWeebl8bob
Psychonaut
Male
Loc: Ohio (USA) Flag
    #5786774 - 06/24/06 02:45 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, well, if you take valium with the LSD.. you will find your body is less tensed up.. taking the valium AFTER the LSD helpy you to be able to get the well deserved/needed sleep most people want after a long trip

--------------------
"You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Re: Valium to calm a trip? [Re: Weebl8bob]
    #5791653 - 06/26/06 04:51 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

nice post twiggle. I wasn't aware that the dude was asking for a clinical analasis of weather or not he should use the "benzo". I readily admit that I am no doctor. And I was simply giving my opinion based on my experiences, so if you want to be rude, Fuck You.

Everyone that I know that uses xanax daily is pretty well fucked up all the time, and I personally think that in the long run the benzos simply confound the issue that brought you to them in the first place. Of course just my opinion.

And I do have plenty of experience with valium and acid, possibly more than you. Besides someone like yourself who uses benzo's daily HAS to have thier "fix" or they freak out....right? I already know the answer.

Peace....Phungi

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus Happy Birthday!
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #5791661 - 06/26/06 05:12 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I highly believe in keeping a benzo near by just in case(just having the benzo eases your fears) I wouldn't take it unless u absolutely have too(and it can also be good at the tail end of the trip where things can get a lil rough sometimes)

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Re: Valium to calm a trip? [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5791666 - 06/26/06 05:32 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
I highly believe in keeping a benzo near by just in case(just having the benzo eases your fears) I wouldn't take it unless u absolutely have too(and it can also be good at the tail end of the trip where things can get a lil rough sometimes)

Agreed :thumbup: Disclaimer: I wasn't really trying to say that I am agianst benzo's, or any other drug....I just like to be honest about drugs and I am opinionated.

I have taken enough valium, xanax, clonapin, restoril, lorazapam, ect. to know a little about the shit.

Fuckin Doctors are worse (by 1000x) than any street pusher!!

Tell em you can't sleep and they'll have you so fucked up you'll loose entire months......but you'll sleep :smile:.

I am in the "all drugs should be legal and available" camp, and truly believe that all adults should have the choice to take them or not, but guys like twiggles are going to make it sound like he "needs" his benzo's, and I believe that that is an illusion brought on by the drug itself.

If one is suffering exessive anxiety, or depression, I personally beleive (agian from personal experience) that benzo's are not the answer. (If you ask I'll tell what I do think some solutions are!!)

Of course this is MY experience, MY opinion.

And what the fuck do I know? Nothing really :wink:.

And its entirely possible that certian people DO need benzo's to get by, or maybe they just prefer life with them, and thats fine with me, have a droopy, sleepy, goodtime.

But please don't make benzodiazapines out to be gods gift to man, cause they are addictive and mess up MANY peoples lives. Unlike, the entheogens that are usually discussed on this board.

But to restate my opinion... I think that valium should be sold at the fuckin liquor store, right along with the reefer, and shrooms.....I just wouldn't buy any :grin: (of the valium that is).

Peace, and Respect,

Phungi

--------------------

Edited by phungi (06/26/06 05:36 AM)

Male User Gallery

#5791674 - 06/26/06 05:43 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

"I am in the "all drugs should be legal and available" camp, and truly believe that all adults should have the choice to take them or not, but guys like twiggles are going to make it sound like he "needs" his benzo's, and I believe that that is an illusion brought on by the drug itself."

I completely agree

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

#5791684 - 06/26/06 05:53 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Cool someone on this board who agrees with me. I am marking this day on my calender :grin: :grin: :grin: lol.....but what ya gonna do?

For the record...I like drugs, its just that some of them don't like me!!

Phungi

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#5791687 - 06/26/06 05:56 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I hear ya...opiates fuckin hate me! they seem to enjoy beating the living shit outta me emotionally and physically

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

#5791700 - 06/26/06 06:12 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
I hear ya...opiates fuckin hate me! they seem to enjoy beating the living shit outta me emotionally and physically

Sorry to hear that. :frown: I devoted an entire year of my life to opiates, and truly thought that I was going to die trying to kick. BUT I DID KICK!!! Its possible, believe me, its possible. But your going to need help. My wife was my savior, and instead of listening to the doctors fucked up advise we did much of our own research.

In my case it was oxycontin...mostly, or any opiate that I could get.

Perhaps there are some online resources for addicts who want to kick but aren't willing to buy into the whole "rehab", "NA", bullshit, but just wanna kick the goddamn brownstone.

if ya wanna talk about this subject more with me...send me a private message. I have successfully "recovered" from, alcohol, benzo's, opiates, and meth. As of this day I am plants and fungus only. 2yrs clean.....without rehab, psycotherapy, or narcotic anonamous. :cool:

Phungi.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#5791703 - 06/26/06 06:15 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

oxy was mine as well...I kicked it recently :smile:

and I also agree that its best to do your own research...the docs will have u hooked on methadone and fucked for life so quick if u let em

Edited by Iamthewalrus (06/26/06 06:16 AM)

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

#5791706 - 06/26/06 06:16 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, kick ass, and congradulations!!! Didn't mean to ramble.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#5791707 - 06/26/06 06:17 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I could not handle being surrounded by posters with bs on them etc in the detox center...I just wanted to scream! but u also don't want to fuck with ppls mindset who are trying to quit so u can't say anything

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

#5791711 - 06/26/06 06:20 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

A pox on over-prescibing doctors!!! may thier writing hands wither and twitch, and may thier nutsacks tighten and itch. A pox on them I say!!

Phungi

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#5791715 - 06/26/06 06:20 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

LOL u are fuckin hilarious man

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

#5791718 - 06/26/06 06:24 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Rehab centers are a vacation from the real world, much like drugs themselves......just listening to thier bullshit is the true challenge!!

Addiction is a disease my ass.......more like a choice. But they have to blame it on something other than themselves....right?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#5791720 - 06/26/06 06:25 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I gotta go but I do agree with you completely(finally startin to function like a normal person again :laugh:) talk to u later bro

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag