Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefrommoon
Stranger
Loc: Plutos Third
anyone seen this - killer pin set stopped dead in tracks
    #5774566 - 06/20/06 10:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I had come home after being away a few days, and checked on one of my 8" x 8" cased trays in its fruiting chamber. I noticed the humidity had been too high and there was more overlay on the casing than what you would want and water droplets. There were no signs of contams so I let it go and dropped the humidity. In a few more days I had what looked like was going to be a champion tray. There must have been 150 healthy pins with nice golden brown caps covering the tray. After another couple days I noticed that upward growth had ceased, with mushrooms in size from small pins up to an inch or so. All maintained a healthy appearance with golden brown tops. I gave it a little more time just to see, but after I knew all growth had definitely stopped I picked all those aborts. When I picked this thing, I gave it a good hard look. Not a trace of contams and the day I picked it - it still had that awsome fresh myc smell. I have never seen anthing like this before. It seems so odd that not a single mushroom matured. Ususally when you get enough of them up to inch or so - at least a few will go to full maturity.
The only thing I can think of was I did cut the humidity off for a couple days but that should not have done anything - because the chamber still held moisture. By the way, I am rehydrating this thing in the frig overnight just to see what that might do. Any clues as to what condition caused this mass abort?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: anyone seen this - killer pin set stopped dead in tracks [Re: frommoon]
    #5775590 - 06/21/06 06:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They will often abort when there is lack of moisture. Do you realize exactly how much water large pinsets demand? ALOT! Your large pinset was due to your high humidity at the right time :thumbup:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinefrommoon
Stranger
Loc: Plutos Third
Re: anyone seen this - killer pin set stopped dead in tracks [Re: hyphae]
    #5775597 - 06/21/06 06:23 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

that explains it. thanks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract