Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePSILOCYBE_RICKY
Loc: earth
psilocybe hawaiian
    #577121 - 03/12/02 04:49 PM (22 years, 21 days ago)

has anyone had any luck growing p.hawaiians?
what method did you use, will PF tek with casing work well?
got any pics of them?
also, where can i get some 1/2 pint jars, ive looked everywhere.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: psilocybe hawaiian [Re: PSILOCYBE_RICKY]
    #577193 - 03/12/02 05:47 PM (22 years, 21 days ago)

what? you need some reading.

you mean ps. cubensis hawiian?

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #577219 - 03/12/02 06:10 PM (22 years, 21 days ago)

Below is a pic of hawaiian (from PF) grown PF tek cakes, cased straight verm, in a 2 liter bottle.
Half pints can be acquired from www.homecanningsupply.com    Item # 2058 $9.21 for 12 w/bands and domes. 1-800-354-4070
Hope that helps.:peace:

Free Spore Ring

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #581155 - 03/17/02 06:08 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Hawaiians are a strain of cubensis, generally. There are also hawaiian strains of Pan cyan among other things. Most of the time it refers to the strain of cubensis. All strains of cubensis work equally well with any method of cultivation, if that's not in the faq, somebody please put it there.

My avatar is a pic of some hawaiians, as are these:

enjoy

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

Re: psilocybe hawaiian [Re: mycofile]
    #581165 - 03/17/02 06:29 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

those hawaiians Look great,I think those are next on my list..Anyone suggest their favorite supplier of this strain?

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: psilocybe hawaiian [Re: mycofile]
    #581948 - 03/18/02 02:06 AM (22 years, 16 days ago)

I dont agree - PF Classic is a fine example of a strain that has been grown exclusively over and over exclusively on one substrate - namely BRF - and because of this it does not perform nearly as well on other substrates as a cubensis should.
Uma Guma and a few others put up an interesting post regarding this on Forest Floor.

--------------------

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: psilocybe hawaiian [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #582302 - 03/18/02 12:03 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

your correct blue meanie but that doesnt have anything to do with the strain it has to do with the substrate being used over and over... a healthy spore race of any strain of cubensis should grow on any substrate that any cubie will grow on...

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: psilocybe hawaiian [Re: LSD_4me]
    #582928 - 03/19/02 12:27 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

It DOES have lots to do with the genetics of this strain - as it has been grown out on the one substrate repeatedly for so long the spore-race itself has been effected

--------------------

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Loc: kentucky
    #583049 - 03/19/02 04:36 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

I love Pf Hawaiins. They are one of my favorite strands to both grow, look at, and enjoy. Here is a pic of my most recently harvested PF Hawaiins.

pretty ha?

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: psilocybe hawaiian [Re: Under_net]
    #583178 - 03/19/02 09:27 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

yes. my last harvest was hawaiians. this was the first time i had tried this strain and i must say i was impressed. they tend to have very meaty stems and are relatively easy to grow. besides pf classics i would say this would be a good strain for beginners to start with too. i could see how they would be very forgiving to newbie mistakes.
and considering the last strain i grew was puerto ricans the hawaiians were a piece of cake! goddamn those prs were a bitch!!!! gave me nightmares.

under_net...good job!!
and i like your smurf mycofile...don't you wish that YOU were that size and mushrooms were THAT size!!!!

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Edited by XAZIA (03/19/02 09:32 AM)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #583641 - 03/19/02 07:10 PM (22 years, 14 days ago)

You are right. I shouldn't assume everybody knows that the PF classic is one exception. There are others too, but they aren't popular strains for the most part. I guess I assume people who are on this board know that the PF is fatassed and doesn't produce well when not on cakes. Or that somebody who is growing the Penis Envy is actually looking for the funky shapes and strange results and won't be surprised by them.

Thanks for reminding me of the FF though. I'll go check them out the next couple times I'm online...

Re: being smurf size, LOL, wouldn't that be nice...

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineHabitformer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: psilocybe hawaiian [Re: XAZIA]
    #22415578 - 10/21/15 08:32 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

XAZIA said:
yes. my last harvest was hawaiians. this was the first time i had tried this strain and i must say i was impressed. they tend to have very meaty stems and are relatively easy to grow. besides pf classics i would say this would be a good strain for beginners to start with too. i could see how they would be very forgiving to newbie mistakes.
<br>and considering the last strain i grew was puerto ricans the hawaiians were a piece of cake! goddamn those prs were a bitch!!!! gave me nightmares.
<br>
<br>under_net...good job!!
<br>and i like your smurf mycofile...don't you wish that YOU were that size and mushrooms were THAT size!!!!
<br> 

I tried casing with verm and lets moss now luck,after 2 weeks.I'm trying using leached manure.I'm getting super frustrated

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: psilocybe hawaiian [Re: Habitformer] * 1
    #22415659 - 10/21/15 08:54 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

This thread is almost 14 years old dude :rofl:

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate