Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemmarc
Strangler
Loc: new york
the half eighth
    #5770756 - 06/20/06 12:12 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

So, at bonnaroo, saturday night right after radiohead me and my girlfriend and my 2 friends from school did some mushrooms. it was my 6th time doing them and my first time doing less than 1/8. my friend, whenever he trips, eats a half eighth, and my other friend had never done them before and wanted a half.

I was down, because the friend who prefers the half eighth has done whole 1/8ths and said theyre different kinds of trips.

So my girlfriend and I took half an eighth each on a pb&j sandwich. Actually, to be honest, I threw an extra cap in my mouth afterwards, just to be sure.

In any case, it was awesome. I was totally in control and yet I was tripping. There was no real visual effect; however, I was tripping to the extent and power of being really stoned. Not to say it felt like being stoned, but the hold it had on me was comparable in atrength to having smoked a few bong rips.

We chilled by our tent for a while so my friend who was doing it for the first time could see how they were. The crazy weakness feeling of the come-up was a little unsettling for her but i assured her it goes away and you get your energy back, and she trusted me and had a great time.

So we went into bonnaroo, and I'm just walking around tripping and its like the perfect world. Where else can you just trip and walk around among tens of thousands of people and do whatever you want? I'm not used to this shit. We would just sit down next to a road where hundreds of people would walk past and smoke a bowl. Not to mention all the different things to do there.

There were some weird parts to the trip. Not bad though, but strange. There was this underlying sound that accompanied most of my trip. I've heard it before while on shrooms. Hard to explain, but do you know how when youre on mushrooms, usually when you look around in a new direction your whole reality sort of shifts to the new center of vision? There was this indescribable sound that sort of whooshed everytime that happened.

The weirdest part, I couldnt get this sandwich out of my head. When I was younger my dad would get home from work around 11 (actually he still does) and if it was too late my mom would just make him a sandwich and leave it on the table for him, always a hero, always ham and swiss. And this sandwich was like a symbol during the whole trip, for some reason. And its not that I was hungry (haha).

Also, there were constantly voices in my head. But not the kind you might usually hear about, this is more easily described as me thinking of a word or 2 that I just couldnt figure out, they were on the tip of my tongue. like these thoughts that were incredibly annoying because I couldnt seem to think them. But the voices at times sounded like my parents. To my knowledge, I don't have any issues with my parents, I had a normal/nice upbringing, so I feel like this wasnt some subconscious thing or even a guilt thing, but more of a just random section of my thoughts that was opened up by the trip.

Also I felt at times like I was in the Simpsons, although I didnt think I was literally in a cartoon. I knew damn well where I was and what I was doing, but it had a very Simpsons feeling to it somehow. I used to be really into the Simpsons as a youngster, like it was my favorite shit ever.

so the half eighth was very nice. total control. weird nostalgic childhood feelings like I've never had before. funny what these things can do.

I wish I could remember the exact sound, but I can't - I never can after I sober up.

--------------------
penelope shoot the apple off my head

Edited by mmarc (06/20/06 12:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: da projects
Re: the half eighth [Re: mmarc]
    #5771006 - 06/20/06 01:17 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

damn i wish i could have tripped at the roo.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
    #5771018 - 06/20/06 01:19 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like fun bro

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinemmarc
Strangler
Re: the half eighth [Re: Dobie]
    #5771080 - 06/20/06 01:34 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone have any good stories about small doses?

--------------------

Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: da projects
    #5771087 - 06/20/06 01:37 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The least amount of shrooms I have eaten was a half-eighth too. The night I graduated from High School, my buddy and I went in on an eighth.

The effects were a tease, but pot helped the buzz and I felt pretty good.

The walk home was interesting, and it was the perfect way to kick off "the real world."

Sorry, thats my only small dose story. I like to make tripping worth while and take at least an eighth.

Edited by lsdandfrisbee (06/20/06 01:37 AM)

Offlinemmarc
Strangler
Re: the half eighth [Re: lsdandfrisbee]
    #5771114 - 06/20/06 01:46 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lsdandfrisbee said:
Sorry, thats my only small dose story. I like to make tripping worth while and take at least an eighth.

Oh, I hear you. I definitely enjoy larger amounts better. I was almost against taking just a half but I wanted to be on the same level as the other people I was with.

Maybe I was just being open-minded. I did a lot of smiling and blank staring, but I wasnt freaking out. Had some nice deep thoughts, though.

I have this ongoing problem where I can't seem to comprehend how information about the exterior world can be known and understood by human beings. Like, looking at the grass, its now in my head, but where is this intermediate step? Besides light rays and other such physical answers, I 'm always at a loss to know what thought is, why we have it, why we are even something that can have something, and how thought creates an intimate connection between the self and the outside world. I did a good amount of thinking about that, staring at grass and wondering where the "information" actually is and how it became one with my consciousness.

I guess thats about as deep as my thoughts got. I mean, its something I think about when sober too, but it was much more of an obvious problem of logic when I was tripping.

That's what I found so cool about the half eighth - I was thinking and acting pretty much like normal, but was becoming so much more involved in my thoughts.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag