Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Some Cool Movies I watched Yesterday
    #5757511 - 06/16/06 02:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well I went to the video store and rentad five movies.

One was horrible; Aquamarine, about two teenage girls and a mermaid looking for sex and love.

Very stupid.

the 2nd movie was Firewall with Harrison Ford as a Banker being hijacked by some computer nurds to steal 10,000 from 10,000 accounts. Kept me intrigued but I found the ending to be lacking.

I think it is time that the bad guys face justice of getting caught. Instead of getting destroyed like many movies.

You know blowing them up with grenades in their mouths and such or a semi truck falling straight down on someones head and squashing it. In this film Harrison Ford's familly is held captive by Paul Bethany and co-horts while he figures out how to save them and keep the money in his bank.

Getting better. Next I had 16 blocks. This is an excellent Bruce Willis and Mos Def vehicle for tight hard-knuckled action with promise and delivery.

potentially an down and out burned-out alcoholic cop, Bruce has to take prisoner Mos Def to court from jail within two hours to testify to the grand jury against bad cops.

David Morse is bad cop out to kill Mos Def so he cannot testify. However, an interesting sub-plot develops as Bruce saves Mos numerous times from the bad cops who want to kill him. Later we find out that Bruce is also one of the bad cops Mos is suppose to testify before the grand jury. A truly great film. Watch the theatrical version when renting or owning. The extended alternate ending sucks so avoid that version on the disc.

Then The Pink Panther with Steve martin.

I bought, last spring, the six-set disc dvd set of all the pink panther movies for almost $70.00 U.S. Inside was a free ticket to the movie.

It was good until Sept 30, 2005.. The movie was suppose to be released last July. The friggin studio moved the release date up to Feb 2006, making my ticket no good.

Last summer, before going to Thailand and cambodia, I emailed the movie people who promote the free ticket. They told me to send a copy of it to the studios and they would give me a ticket good for any movie. Fuckers never did.

This film also stars Jean Reno as Ins. Clouseau's partner, Kevin Kline as Chief Dreyfus and Beyonce. I was hoping she would sing something in French. But she only sang a song in English. SHe does speak several languages.

While Martin is funny at times, he does no justice to Peter Sellers who was the original Pink Panther hero.

However, two scenes in the movie craked me up.

One was when Maritin hits Chief Dreyfus with a riding crop, knocking him him completely out of his chair.

A second scene was at the very end of the film.

Chief Dreyfus is all taped up in bandages in a hospital bed. Somehow Clouseau bumps the bed, it goes down the hospital corridor, turns a few times, down the stairs and then down a long hallway and out what appears to be a front door.

As the bed goes flying out the doorway, Martin comments that, "That is going to hurt."

Then the next scene shows a window on the sixth floor of a building and out flys the bed and flys through the air six floors into the canal. Very funny, I cracked up at that one.

Now for the piece de resistance.

Bloodrayne,

Kristanna Loken from Terminator 3, along with Michelle Rodriguz, Michael Madsen, Billy Zane, Geraldine Chapman as the fortune teller and Meatloaf as vampire surrounded by dozens of naked big-titted woman fight the evil Kaigin Vampire played stupidly by Ben Kingsley (from Ghandi to stupidity role).

. This movie is a little on par with the Evil Dead and Dead Alive as far as gore goes. Bodies sliced in half, vampire beheadings , bodies slice straight down the head to the between the legs spot. Decapitations by the dozens, blood sucking vampires etc and one where the waist is severed in half with a sword form the torso. Blood splattering all over the place. About a half human vampire who only drinks the blood of other vampires. except for a few humans in between.

Hm. It was pretty well done film. I enjoyed that and the 16 blocks the most.

at 11 last night on Encore, I watched a great war film called "The Great Raid."

It is a story about the most successful U.S. rescue mission ever.

515 prisoners of war are rescued in five days from start to finish in the Philippines and the story of a female nurse, who, working for the underground, help supply quinine and other drugs into the jungle prison to help the soldiers. Horiible Japanese atrocities, but the mission to save them also involved the Philippine army helping 55 Americans rescue these prisoners of war.

Only one American died in the raid, 21 philipinos died and one soldier, the husband of the nurse, who died from Malaria one day shortly after being rescued. Hundreds of Japs were killed during this raid.

Not like Somalia or other disaterous American rescue missions which failed. So much for movies this week. I still need to check out Underworld sequel.

One last note. That Bloodrayne movie is pretty cool (Rent the Director's unedited Cut). And so is 16 Blocks. If you rent it or buy it, watch the theatrical release version. The one with an alternate ending version is a bummer.

MJ

and have a shroomy day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: da projects
Re: Some Cool Movies I watched Yesterday [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5757730 - 06/16/06 03:23 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Cool. I wanna see BloodRayne.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Some Cool Movies I watched Yesterday [Re: lsdandfrisbee]
    #5765867 - 06/18/06 10:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I just saw 16 blocks, fairly well done. The way bruce willis moves kinda reminds me of tom cruise in collateral.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #5766041 - 06/18/06 11:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Then The Pink Panther with Steve martin.

I bought, last spring, the six-set disc dvd set of all the pink panther movies for almost $70.00 U.S.  Inside was a free ticket to the movie.

For my money, the two best Pink Panther movies are the original "Pink Panther," and its immediate sequel, "A Shot in the Dark." All the other ones quickly went down hill for me...

I haven't seen this new remake with Steve Martin, but I'm not sure I really want to. Every time I see that commercial for it with Steve Martin having trouble pronouncing "hamburger," I cringe. I'm a big fan of Steve Martin, but he's had some lousy quality-control lately in his choices. I thought his remake of, "The Out of Towners," was also very bad compared to the original with Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis.

I don't mind remakes -- hell, "The Maltese Falcon," was the third cinematic attempt at that same Dashiell Hammett material -- but when they remake movies that were already acknowledged classics and basically perfect, then they really should think twice.

I can't even imagine the hubris at work in some Hollywood director thinking, you know I bet I can make the, "Manchurian Candidate," "Planet of the Apes," or "Psycho," better. That kind of ego must be so massive that it has it's own event horizon beyond which, no light or rational thought can escape. :wink:

You're appraisal of the Pink Panther remake sounds about how I imagined it. Since, I don't have a coupon for it, I think I'll wait for it to come out on TV.

BTW: Is your Pink Panther boxed set the new one, with cool hepcat art by Shag? (see my avatar) If so, I've got that one. It's a nice set! :cool:

--------------------

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #5782510 - 06/22/06 11:55 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I watched Bloodrayne and 16 blocks a few nights ago. I liked them both.

Thanks for the suggestions.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale