Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJlips
Stranger
 User Gallery

Amanitas? and if so what kind?
    #5755417 - 06/15/06 09:49 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Found in dry cow minure mixture stuff...relatively hot day.

:thumbup: :thumbdown: :heart: :heart:??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: Amanitas? and if so what kind? [Re: Jlips]
    #5755507 - 06/15/06 10:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Fourm rules
FAQ's
Stickies
Read.
I could tell you what those are but you need to use applicable rules for posting. Happy hunting. Ciao!

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

OfflineJlips
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Amanitas? and if so what kind? [Re: superblingtheory]
    #5755545 - 06/15/06 10:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:frown:

OfflineBungel
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5755645 - 06/15/06 11:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

its not difficult to read the rules .. and then put in a few minutes to post a correct ID Request .. geeeeeeeeeez :smile:

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #5755654 - 06/15/06 11:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Jlips said:
:frown:

Oh please, don't mope.  just type the required info and we'll lend you a hand.  :tongue:

--------------------

Offlineiamyour_messiah
Stranger

Re: Amanitas? and if so what kind? [Re: CureCat]
    #5756436 - 06/16/06 07:23 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Why are you ppl giving him such a hard time. I realise there are some general guidelines to follow, and I would understand if somebody posted a couple really unclear, dark, blurry pics of some random mushrooms and said like....."ya, we picked these after smoking a couple fat bowls, its like a brown mushroom"

But if its clear enough from the picture and you know the mushroom, I don't see a reason for being so uptight about it. Ill chime in with what I happen to know (which isn't very much). I dont think thats an Amanita cause I was under the impression that they dont grow off manure, but rather from woody substrates and always in proximity to pine trees or smth.

Not that it helps much, hope somebody else can tell you what that is. If not, I guess you're gonna have to type up a proper ID request :grin:

Offlinemightyjoepipe
stoner

Loc: ontario Canada
Re: Amanitas? and if so what kind? [Re: iamyour_messiah]
    #5756659 - 06/16/06 09:27 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

it actually kinda looks like some amanita species but im sory i dont know exactly which kind but not a muscaria so i wouldnt eat it there fore you shouldnt either since in high doses any amanitas are poisonous,not as much as the death cap,white cap white gills ,white stem,<do not touch these....

--------------------
my name is joe!!

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #5756664 - 06/16/06 09:29 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

About all we can tell from those photos is that they have a cellular cuticle. The areolate cracking of the cap is classic for that type cuticle under dry conditions.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineJlips
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Amanitas? and if so what kind? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #5756731 - 06/16/06 09:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

it was a woody substrate i wasnt sure if it had manure...it had white gilld i didnt take it home just got pics and shit...didnt spore print em either...i didnt plan on eatin just wondering what kind it was

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #5757002 - 06/16/06 11:37 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

iamyour_messiah said:
Why are you ppl giving him such a hard time. I realise there are some general guidelines to follow, and I would understand if somebody posted a couple really unclear, dark, blurry pics of some random mushrooms and said like....."ya, we picked these after smoking a couple fat bowls, its like a brown mushroom"

But if its clear enough from the picture and you know the mushroom, I don't see a reason for being so uptight about it.

The reason they are rules and not general guidelines, is so that people do not claim subjectivity and we don't have to repeat ourselves, and the poster can get a quicker ID. You see, if we don't keep the "guidelines" objective, people will start wondering why we are "being so mean" to them just because they have a camera phone and decided to take pics at night (so ME.... but I haven't asked for ID's), without any info to boot.
I don't think anyone wants to deal with the prospect of arguing personal perspective and bias!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate