Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAcurite1001
Stranger
Auto-Humidifier
    #5747515 - 06/13/06 09:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I need help with a Humidifier. I am trying to make my own auto grow box. I am thinking of buying a "Tropic Aire Humidifier", "Elite 803 air pump", & "Penn Plax Check Valve Filter". These are all on mushbox.com But I don't understand how this valve filter is suppost to stop all contams from going into the grow box? And I can't run it through a hippa filter because the water in the air will soak the hippa. Do any of you have suggestions for this or where to buy something that I need. Thanks Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Auto-Humidifier [Re: Acurite1001]
    #5747541 - 06/13/06 09:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

valve filters don't stop contams... they work in the reverse way, they stop water from going through your tube making it back to the air pump where it could damage it.

you don't really need to filter the air going into your fruiting chamber in the first place, its not going to be perfectly sterile in there to begin with, and air pumps typically do have a little filter of their own to keep particles out of the pump, i just looked at the mushbox site and found that pump and i'll wager thats what the round green disc on it is.... but if that's not a good enough answer for you, consider getting a little tupperware container, surround your air pump in polyfill, poke holes obviously for the power cord and to allow some air into the box (will then be filtered by the polyfill in the box) and a hole to run the hose out of the box. will cut down on the noise it makes a little too.

the sponge in the tropic-aire will catch a deal of stuff anyway, and contams won't really make it airborne after the air is bubbled through water for the most part to top it all off.

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Bay
    #5747548 - 06/13/06 09:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

First off that thing sucks. IMOP. But of you are going to get it just make a box like a 6 qt container witha vacume filter hepa cut into the top. Just seal off all the holes coming in / out with duct tape and you should be good

--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

OfflineAcurite1001
Stranger
Re: Auto-Humidifier [Re: Babo911]
    #5747853 - 06/13/06 11:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Repeat "How would the water in the air get passed the hippa?" Thanks for the help. Any suggestions on GREAT Auto-Humidifiers?

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
    #5748201 - 06/14/06 01:15 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You don't pump in pre-humidified air. You pump in just plain old air. If you follow the previous advice, you would be pumping in filtered air, but not filtered and PRE-HUMIDIFIED air.

Their is no conceivable point in humidifying your air before it goes through a hepa filter. If you want to mix filtered air and humidified air, you would do that past the main air pump. Perhaps you should take a look at a few threads regarding the 'martha greenhouse' setup. This may answer some of your questions.

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Auto-Humidifier [Re: cappa]
    #5748412 - 06/14/06 02:42 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It's HEPA filter and it isn't used in grow chambers. You need sterility for inoculating your spawn, thus we use still air gloveboxes, or laminar flow hoods equipped with a HEPA filter. You don't use a HEPA on a terrarium or greenhouse. Sterility isn't necessary there.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineshane
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Auto-Humidifier [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5748930 - 06/14/06 08:43 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

whats everyone think of this one? theres a bunch of different animals they make but the elephant one is the only one with one hole. its silent, has a humidity control knob, and its under fifty bucks. you dont really have to do any cutting... just gluing. is a filter a good thing or a bad thing?  heres the link... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000937DGW/002-5977257-4008027?v=glance&n=284507

--------------------
Statements concerning my personal actions and habits, and life in general are not to be taken seriously

go to familyradio.com

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Bay
Re: Auto-Humidifier [Re: shane]
    #5749010 - 06/14/06 09:27 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The good will is cheaper :smile: $3 for two humidifiers

--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

OfflineJSshroom
dont be paranoid, just aware

Loc: I love that spore drop
Re: Auto-Humidifier [Re: Babo911]
    #5820959 - 07/04/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

well you can use a tropicaire with an inline filter after the tropicaire. You can do a lot of stuff. You could take your pump and stick it in a rubbermaid and silicone it in with a filter patch or polyfil or tyvek....whatever.... You can also add h202 to the water in the tropicaire or what I prefer 2-3 drops of iodine to a gallon of water. You could also throw an inline filter in after the tropicaire called ....grrrrr....well fuck I cant remember I have some at the house. They are used for autoclave exhaust vents and they filter the pre-humidified air. They have them on that bullshit site MushroomMagic.com or something for 18 bucks but if you PM me ill mail you one. I think I got 10 for 20 on ebay.

I also use a tropicaire for my herps. works great

--------------------
First Grow No more carpet tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom