Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGSxx83
He, Himself
Male

Loc: EARTH
How does the strain vary the trip?
    #5726208 - 06/08/06 10:27 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

There are so many types of psilocybin mushies.

My question is,
Does the strain make a difference in the trip?

PS-
(unrelated- someone i know mentioned having a type of mushroom that has caps which look like they are triangular in shape. Does anyone have any guess as to what it could be (he has tried them and they are def active and safe. And if you can identify this mushroom, what is its potency compared to mexican cubes - the only mushroom ive tripped on (once)

Edited by GSxx83 (06/08/06 10:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: GSxx83]
    #5726224 - 06/08/06 10:35 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

cant identify without a picture

there is a difference between strain and species

but i think you are talking about species

the biggest difference (aside from looks) is the potency

some mushrooms you only have to eat 1 gram dried, some you need like 5, maybe more

i dont know how different trips are, but i'm sure they are VERY similar as it is the same chemical

OfflineGSxx83
He, Himself
Male

Loc: EARTH
Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: Atheist]
    #5726413 - 06/08/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I see.

I was going to trip on a hawaiin species (thank you for clearin that up btw) for my first time, but i was told that it is NOT for first timers.

But based on the research, its described effects seemed like a perfect species for my first trip(slight hallucinations, great body vibe).

instead, while in amsterdam, I was pointed to the mexican cube strain, and i must say, it was great. if it were any stronger , it might have been unpleasant. So for my second adventure (please see my "second trip jitter" thread), i hope to use the same kind. I dont see the need to experiment with any other kind.

What are your thoughts?

(hence the reason i started thhis thread - i was curious if it was kool to take 1.5g of something else containing psilo)

Edited by GSxx83 (06/08/06 11:35 AM)

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
Blade
Male

Loc: Emerald Triangle, U.S.A.
Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: GSxx83]
    #5726484 - 06/08/06 11:56 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I would trip a few more times on the mexicans before trying the Hawaiians (Copes). Get familliar with psilly a few times.
The true Hawaiian can come on quite strong and overwhelm you if you are not ready, IMO. They are definately worth it, but get some experience first.
Peace and Safe Journey!!

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Loc: Dunder Mifflin
Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: deadheadjpc2000]
    #5726639 - 06/08/06 12:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I saw it's all bullshit when people say certain shrooms have different feelings. Some make you hallucinate more, some just give you a body buzz.
It's bullshit. It's the same damn chemicals.
People used to tell me blue ringers (stuntzii) don't make you trip, they just give you a little buzz and make everything a little animated. And that cubies are scary and cyans make you hallucinate more. I've also heard cyans are less hallucinogenic.
It's just ridiculous the shit I hear. The things that affect those aspects of the trip are the quality of the mushrooms, if it's a potent species and the set & setting.
Thought I'd clear that up. If you want to do Copes, just don't eat as much and it'll be the same damn thing.

This has always agitated me to see people saying this type of stuff. Sorry if I seemed angry.

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
Blade
Male

Loc: Emerald Triangle, U.S.A.
Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: shroomanic]
    #5726711 - 06/08/06 01:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I must strongly disagree with you, shroomanic...
Just like alcohol...Berr gives a diiferent buzz than whiskey, which gives a different buzz than tequila, etc. But it's all alcohol.
Same with shrooms, IMO. 'Tis true that set/setting is crucial, as well as mindset. With experience (not just talk), I'm sure you'll find that different shrooms give different highs.
Peace

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: deadheadjpc2000]
    #5727340 - 06/08/06 03:52 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

So do I,(disagree) in my experience not only the trip is different some strains give you more body load then others.
Every strain has different proportions of chems.
These are the one I have experimented with.
PR: Don't like them poor visuals I don't know way I don't like the feeling they give the have dark side to them.
Classic PF: Grate over all shroom good visuals grate teacher, draw back gives me a lot mucus body load.
Masatec: MY favorite very light on the body, superb visuals, I find them very spiritual, draw back small shroomy.
Argentinian: similar to classic pf but lighter on the body good over all shroom.

--------------------

Offlinecolimon
DingoDogBoy
Male

Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: LOBO]
    #5727718 - 06/08/06 05:48 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well, are you thinking about how potent the shrooms are or what they look like? Because some shrooms are way more potent than others. Just like marijuana strains. Some shrooms give a good trip off just half a gram!

--------------------
I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to
do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's
so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because
they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.
That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go
in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they
don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: LOBO]
    #5727787 - 06/08/06 06:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

exactly, like with the alchahol. everclear has more % of proof, than vodka. one type of shroom(dependent on how it was grown, iniro. etc.) some shrooms might have more of the chemical in it than others.

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

Offlineva_shroomer
Beginning grower
Male

Loc: Charlottesville
Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: colimon]
    #5727801 - 06/08/06 06:18 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think most of the material on the differences between different strains of the same mushroom (the most common mushroom subjected to this being Psilocybe Cubensis obviously) is absolute B.S. and just sale-talk used by syringe vendors.

There is a slight difference between P. Cubensis strains but it's more in potency than in the actual quality of the experience (i.e. "Puerto Ricans give very alien visuals" - total b.s.)

There's more of a difference between different species of actives, though they can still be grouped by family. From what I've heard Psilocybe Cyanescens is similar to P. Azurescens, as with all wood-lovers, and obviously P. Tampenensis is a completely different trip, though this is just going on 'net gossip as I haven't yet had the oppurtunity to sample more exotic psychedelic fungi.

I think it more has to do with the amount of baeroscystin in relation to the amount of psilocin/psilocybin. Also I'd think that mushrooms with higher psilocin than psilocybin wouldn't keep their potency as well as psilocin is much more unstable.

Just my $0.02

--------------------
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
Love is the law, love under will
--Frater Baphomet

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: va_shroomer]
    #5727850 - 06/08/06 06:28 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

About the triangle shaped mushroom... When Cubensis dries the cap can somtimes curl in to form a triangle shape and that could be what they were, maybe, thats all I can think of

OfflineRoker
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: outer spiral arm
Re: How does the strain vary the trip? [Re: Dr_Mcgillicuddy]
    #5729684 - 06/09/06 05:02 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I concur. I found tropicalis to be much more colorful and visually stronger than cubensis.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag