Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
My first recorded song!
    #5721349 - 06/06/06 11:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys...

I just wanted to get some feedback on this short track I recorded earlier today.

I did just one shot at each track...no re-takes.

I played 2 didjeridoo's, and a bongo (badly tuned I might add!)...

I'm not to good at the drums yet, but i'm more concerned with learning how to mix and edit the tracks right now.

I used Audacity for the recording (which I regret..) and Adobe Audition 2.0 to mess around with the levels and EQ...

I'm just using a Logitec USB desktop mic...i'm really surprised at how good it managed to come out.

Hey, I might not have a future as a preformance artist...but I had fun and killed an afternoon! Plus, I learned some things about multi-track work...

So yeah, check it out...you can stream it right on the page or download the MP3 file. . .

http://www.dadornta.com/?p=64

Thanks guys!  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: My first recorded song! [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #5721890 - 06/07/06 03:03 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup:

Impressive circular breathing mate! I've only ever pissed around with a didgeridoo but I never played any wind instruments so to learn the whole circular breathing thing would have been a bitch.

Two constructive comments: I find your rhythms a little confusing, maybe play with a click track or metronome for a bit. It's great of course to be free but still within a more rigid structure otherwise you risk not making sense to the ears...also maybe more rhythmic or tonal (I know its only got about four notes!) vaiety in the doo...maybe some rhythmic breathing or something just to mix it up a bit, and provide more interest for the listener.

But hey great work for your first track! Keep it up.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#5723000 - 06/07/06 02:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

hey!  Cool to hear some experimentation.  One thing I feel that was lacking, was using the didge as a rhythm instrument.  You can create beats with the didge alone. 

As for the drums..  perhaps simplify them and keep up with some sort of pattern.  I did a track with a friend (recorded him playing didge).  This was before he really got the hang of circular breathing. (he slips a few times..and it was a terrible mic..  but for the most part, it sounds pretty cool!)

Drones are bad ass but I think the didges best strength is the rhythms one can create on them.  Keep up with it man.  Practice those bongos.  I play djembe drums.  The timing and keeping a rhythm comes with practice.  Good luck and post more tracks!  :smile: :cool: :thumbup:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Edited by Toddo (06/07/06 02:22 PM)

Invisibleking_cobra
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My first recorded song! [Re: Toddo]
    #5723257 - 06/07/06 03:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

this thread has inspired me to work on a song using a didge.. expect to hear something in the next few days/weeks! :laugh:

i liked both of the songs posted, and i agree with the advice given in this thread.

--------------------

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: My first recorded song! [Re: king_cobra]
    #5723297 - 06/07/06 03:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

THX guys!!! I never considered a metronme...The programs I have DO have them..hahah, I never thought about doing a 3:4 beat or somthing in my monitor headphones, whille recording/playing the drums FIRST!

I did one didji, then the other, then listened to them w/headphones and just sort of banged on the drum...I think i'm now way WAY more inspired. I think that because i recorded each track in mono (Audacity is kinda weak in some places?) you can't quite hear some of the tonal voice's I was throwing in there...the two didji's sort of "cancelled" eachother's stuff out.

I think I'll use the bamboo one (it hits lower) as a underlying tone w/out any ups and downs...and use my real wood one that I can do calls and vocals with on TOP of the first one.

Thanks guys, "fresh ears" are definatley what I needed to hear my stuff after hearing it over and over again just to myself!

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
    #5723304 - 06/07/06 03:48 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It wasnt my style.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: My first recorded song! [Re: mikeownow]
    #5737267 - 06/11/06 06:14 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

WOW! Thanks for ALL the PEOPLE that actually TOOK TIME to click the link to www.dadornta.com and checked out my shit. . .

I'm AMAZED at how many people responded! :smile: Thank-you shroomerites for the multiple page hits!

I hope to keep improving my stuff, but I wanted to give a shout out to those that actually took the few minutes out of their day to CLICK and LISTEN and give FEEDBACK!

Thank you! Local people I know are "influenced" by knowing me personally. . . you all have a much more objective perspective!

I got 20 more additional hits! Thank you all!

Jump to top Pages: 1