Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Dieting and exercise
    #5719135 - 06/06/06 02:20 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'm 1.77m (5' 9.5") and 66kg (146 lbs) and I want to reach the lower end of the healthy BMI scale which is 60kg (132 lbs).
My diet will be a cheese+random meat sandwich for breakfast. Skip lunch. For 'dinner' two sandwiches containing 150g (5.3 ounces) of tuna and some mayonaise. After dinner I'll eat 250g (8.8 ounces) of fruit cocktail.

I've just started exercising again and now I usually do two sets of push-ups (40-80 depending on the kind of pushup) and 200 crunches every other day. I've also just ran for the first time in years, I ran 2.5km (1.6mi) and plan on doing this 2 to 3 times a week.

Does this sound healthy? Enough protein in my diet? I'll probably also need some vitamin supplements, right?

I also might try to quit smoking but I give it little chance. I'm going to stop smoking for sure somewhere around my 23rd (I'm almost 21 now), so I can still enjoy life for a while  :grin:

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Edited by cybrbeast (06/06/06 02:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Dieting and exercise [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5720077 - 06/06/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds way to skinny to me.

Offlineredrum187
The Man Who Sold The World
 User Gallery
Re: Dieting and exercise [Re: gregorio]
    #5720093 - 06/06/06 06:27 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I could lose 100lbs and still be fatter than you :frown:

I would diet, but i love my Wendys spicy chicken sammiches

--------------------
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.
-Tupac Shakur

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Re: Dieting and exercise [Re: redrum187]
    #5720110 - 06/06/06 06:30 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Everything in moderation.

Offlineredrum187
 User Gallery
    #5720119 - 06/06/06 06:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Unfortunately I've never learned this practice of moderation. Anything i've ever done, be it food, drugs, love, errr... other feel good stuff, I've done to extreme excess. I've simmered down on the drugs so far, but the other 2 still dominate me fairly well.

--------------------
-Tupac Shakur

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #5720121 - 06/06/06 06:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

redrum187 said:
I could lose 100lbs and still be fatter than you :frown:

I would diet, but i love my Wendys spicy chicken sammiches

DAMN DUDE those are fucking bomb arent they

tons of mayo and you have to add pickles

WHAT ABOUT SUSHI  :confused:

Offlineredrum187
 User Gallery
Re: Dieting and exercise [Re: Atheist]
    #5720130 - 06/06/06 06:36 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

mmmmmmmmmmmmm stop dude, you're gonna get me on a late night wendy's run *drools*

I love some sushi though too... but i cant afford to eat it on a regular basis :frown:

--------------------
-Tupac Shakur

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

#5720185 - 06/06/06 06:48 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

if you ever go on a diet just don't get hung up if you fall off of it every once in a while.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5721877 - 06/07/06 02:53 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Way too skinny? It's still in the healthy range. Maybe it's skinny to Americans, but you are the fattest people on earth.
Anyway I want to be ripped, skin over muscle  :grin:

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5721887 - 06/07/06 03:02 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cybrbeast said:
Way too skinny? It's still in the healthy range. Maybe it's skinny to Americans, but you are the fattest people on earth.
Anyway I want to be ripped, skin over muscle  :grin:

Even for a european its pretty skinny. With just 60kg you pretty much dont have any muscle mass  :frown: And if you are planning on working out and dont get past 60kg it will mean you have malnutrition...

Some multivitamin pills, fruit, rice, maybe even some veggies, tuna and other sexy fishes, and a bit of chicken and turkey and all them meats, combined with some workin out, will leave you with some muscle and a healthy weight (meaning you will be ripped).  :thumbup:

And those skinny guys who have no fat (or muscle) on them are not ripped...
Just skinny...  :tongue:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dieting and exercise [Re: eligal]
    #5721901 - 06/07/06 03:09 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I already have muscle and my abs are pretty visible. But your saying that if I diet I will lose my muscle?
Maybe 62kg then, I've been on that weight before.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5721920 - 06/07/06 03:37 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cybrbeast said:
I already have muscle and my abs are pretty visible. But your saying that if I diet I will lose my muscle?
Maybe 62kg then, I've been on that weight before.

Im not sayin you will lose muscle if you diet. It all depends on what diet you choose. For example, my diet consists of trying to gain weight... What Im sayin is that I dont believe that you even have muscle...  :ooo:

Many skinny guys say they have "abs".... but its not necesarily ripped in that sense of the word. I just means you have no fat, probably because you are skinny, making your abs visible.
And for only 60kgs - 66kgs Id hope you were able to see your abs... if you actually weighed 60kgs and still had fat to cover your abs Id tell you to go to the doctor...

let me put it this way, you know those kids who always seem to have energy and are always running around and climbing on shit? they are skin as a paper clip right? And they lift up their shirt and their abs are "visible". That doesnt mean they have alot of muscle and are ripped. Just means they have no fat. And sure no fat is good, but once you are over 18 and are almost 6 feet tall, even if you had no fat you should still weigh more than 60kgs.

Im not tryin to get on your case or anything, but what you are saying just sounds unhealthy. You want to work out and lose weight, when you barely have any weight as it is. If your abs are visible, it probably means you dont have much (if any) fat to lose and if you lose weight then yes you are probably losing muscle. But with a good diet plus the exercise I doubt you will lose any weight anyway... You will just gain weight, which is good cause it will most likely be lean muscle.

Oh, btw, the diet you said you wanted to do, the
Quote:

cheese+random meat sandwich for breakfast. Skip lunch. For 'dinner' two sandwiches containing 150g (5.3 ounces) of tuna and some mayonaise. After dinner I'll eat 250g (8.8 ounces) of fruit cocktail.

sounds nice and all, but if you skip lunch you are going to lower your metabolism, meaning that your body will start storing fat since it will not want to starve during that lunch period.
To keep your metabolism rate up its good to have five to six (or even seven) small meals through out the day rather than just two or three large meals.
(And working out and not eating enough is rather unhealthy so dont try to eat too little... Rather stick to eating healthy food and work off any extra fat if you even get any).

At least this is what I think...  Maybe Im wrong. :shrug:

:sun:

ps: The Physical and Mental well-Being forum has quite a few threads about workouts, diets, etc. Ya might wanna check it out and see what other people think.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5721938 - 06/07/06 04:03 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

My abs are visible because I do crunches. There is still at least a layer of 1cm maybe more fatty tissue upon it. I can grip this in my fingers without gripping at the muscle.
My pectorals are pretty big and rockhard when I tense them. I wouldn't want them much bigger or they'd look like breasts. I don't do bench presses anymor but I've reached 132 lbs, which is much more than really skinny guys manage.
My biceps also look pretty strong.
I still have small love handles, I think they could go.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5721964 - 06/07/06 04:33 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:
ps: The Physical and Mental well-Being forum has quite a few threads about workouts, diets, etc. Ya might wanna check it out and see what other people think.

Yeah, maybe a mod should move this thread to Physical and Mental Well-Being

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5722146 - 06/07/06 07:40 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cybrbeast said:
I'm 1.77m (5' 9.5") and 66kg (146 lbs) and I want to reach the lower end of the healthy BMI scale which is 60kg (132 lbs).

why? 66 kg isn't much and sounds just fine for someone of your length.
just start playing sports/exercise and eat healthy, but don't limit yoursefl to a certain amount of food. eat what you need.

Quote:

My diet will be a cheese+random meat sandwich for breakfast. Skip lunch. For 'dinner' two sandwiches containing 150g (5.3 ounces) of tuna and some mayonaise. After dinner I'll eat 250g (8.8 ounces) of fruit cocktail.

bad idea. better spread out meals over the day. so don't skip lunch. just eat sandwiches for lunch, breakfast,if you're hungry in between and have normal healthy dinner. Also eat with variation; different foods contain different things you need. Also fresh fruit sounds a lot better than some canned fruitcocktail :thumbup:

Quote:

I've just started exercising again and now I usually do two sets of push-ups (40-80 depending on the kind of pushup) and 200 crunches every other day. I've also just ran for the first time in years, I ran 2.5km (1.6mi) and plan on doing this 2 to 3 times a week.

sounds good to me. maybe you could add a few pull-ups (over some doors in my house is abar that easily supports my weight. I don't pull-up very often though, but it is a good exercise)  after a few times of running you'll notice you can run faster and farther pretty quick already and then you'll start to enjoy it more too (endorphines hehe :tongue2:)

Quote:

Does this sound healthy? Enough protein in my diet? I'll probably also need some vitamin supplements, right?

hmm, not bad not good... see my comments on your diet above.
If you eat healthy and with variation you don't need vitamin pills :thumbup:

Quote:

I also might try to quit smoking but I give it little chance. I'm going to stop smoking for sure somewhere around my 23rd (I'm almost 21 now), so I can still enjoy life for a while  :grin: 

so when you're 23 you'll have set your limit to 25 etc etc... smoking sucks. kick those ciggies and stick with weed now and then. quitting spontaneously works best, it's proven. so quit right now! :wink: Make sure to pull upen a can of willpower first :tongue:

good luck :cool:

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dieting and exercise [Re: stefan]
    #5725579 - 06/08/06 02:08 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I know 66kg isn't that much, but I just want to see the effect of a lower weight. Not only does your body change but you face aswell.

Thanks. I'm spreading out the meals and adding some more green stuff. I like doing pull ups, but without a real bar it sucks. If you do it on a flat surface there's so much strain on your fingers that it hurst. Gripping a bar is much more comfortable. I'm gonna get some dumbells soon so I can train my biceps and triceps. I still want to keep my workout under 20 minutes (exluding the running) every other day, otherwise it's hard to keep up.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds