Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineUngawdly
Stranger
How to start working off fat?
    #5718604 - 06/06/06 11:29 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, so I've decided that I want to start working out to lose some weight. Im about 6'1 and 190. Mainly I want to get rid of my gut and manboobs. I have a couple questions. Where should I start to find a daily work out to target those two areas? And also, can anyone suggest someplace where I can find dietary plans also? Its so hard to work out bills/rent/etc and have money to buy GOOD food. Fast food is so much cheaper and quicker but I reallt need to cut it out of my diet completely. I need to find food recipes that are healthy, but dont costs a ton from some health store. Thanks in advance for any advice. I love everyone at the shroomery because nomatter what section of the forum it is everyone is always willing to help!  :heart:  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: How to start working off fat? [Re: Ungawdly]
    #5719118 - 06/06/06 02:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The basic rule of fat loss is that you must create a caloric deficit, which forces your body to use stored calories (fat) for energy. 

One pound of fat = 3500 stored calories.  You cannot "target" the fat in the areas which bother you the most, as your body will access stored calories in a roughly first-on-last-off order. 

The fastest and most effective means of forcing your body to use up the calories it has stored is increasing activity while decreasing caloric intake.

Here are some links to basic diet and exercise info:

http://www.oprah.com/presents/2005/bootcamp/commit/commit_main.jhtml

http://www.prevention.com/

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/channelpag...ls-_-WeightLoss

You don't need to spend a lot of $$ on groceries to lose weight.  Just think simple:  dried beans, brown rice, veggies, fruits, low-fat dairy products, lean meats.  If you go easy on the snacks and sauces and soda, your grocery bill will stay low.

Good luck!  :thumbup:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: How to start working off fat? [Re: Veritas]
    #5719261 - 06/06/06 02:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

my gut and manboobs are the last thing to leave despite my arms being skeletal looking :x

eat more wholesome foods, less junk foods and fatty foods, processed foods, etc.

and i would recommend yoga because it will very nicely tone your body without really making it bulky or bigger than it currently is. or at least it seems to.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (06/06/06 02:59 PM)

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: How to start working off fat? [Re: leery11]
    #5719727 - 06/06/06 04:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

"gut" and "manboobs" can actually be flabby and untoned
muscle. I don't know about either of your physiques, but firming
up your pecs and abs might be a good start.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Invisiblei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

Re: How to start working off fat? [Re: BloodNOil]
    #5720411 - 06/06/06 07:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Belly fat is almost entirely diet controlled and controlling insulin specifically. There are many approaches but anyone that tells you that you have to do it using cardio is a moron.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO CARDIO TO LOSE BODY FAT!
Drink ice water when ever available.
Eat more fiber (vegetables) as 35 grams of fiber burn 250 cals and a gallon of ice water burns 150 cals.
Small adjustments and you will have no problems.

If you just eat lighter then u are now.. Your body will start to get use to eating lighter.. It may take a couple months for this adjustment to get comfortable but just remember these 2 things...

Eating fatty food or snacks only satisfies you for a short period of time they do nothing but add fat

and when u get that hunger feeling try to ignore it as long as you can (not saying to starve your self) because that means your body is using fat from else where.. other then ur stomach..  :wink:

--------------------
:sporedrop:

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

#5720787 - 06/06/06 09:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Eat six times a day, don't starve yourself and start working out to build muscle mass.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: How to start working off fat? [Re: Noetical]
    #5720800 - 06/06/06 09:28 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

give urself a work out atleast 4 times a week 1/2 hr a day. i do 20 bench presses...20 sit ups and 20 curls.... the curls and presses any weight that makes it easy for you. i do 5 sets of those then 50 situps at the end. drink water and seriously cut back on the french fried taters

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5721464 - 06/07/06 12:28 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

as many people have said, cardio. just run your ass off and fat should start to burn off. a good diet would also help.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisiblei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

Re: How to start working off fat? [Re: eligal]
    #5722250 - 06/07/06 09:17 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO CARDIO TO LOSE BODY FAT!
It will help alot.. But you don't have to..

--------------------
:sporedrop:

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#5722445 - 06/07/06 10:53 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Where should I start to find a daily work out to target those two areas?

You cannot burn off fat in "targeted" areas; That is a myth. Fat comes off where it wants to come off. Unlike muscle which you can target, fat comes off in the order it was put on all over the body.

If you work out a specific area of the body you are only exercising the muscle below, not the specific fat above. So if you target your abs you will have ripped abs hidden under layers of fat unless you burn off fat all over your body. The fat over your abs will likely be one of the last places to go.

Fast food is so much cheaper and quicker

Actually fast food is more expensive and not necessarily quicker. You can make one trip to the grocery store a week whereas getting fast food requires multiple trips throughout town. Added time plus added expense in the form of gasoline as well.

Buy good healthy food at the grocery store. Focus on fruits and vegetables, whole grain bread- cut back on meat and processed foods. At the end of a healthy week of eating you can treat yourself to a fast food meal as a reward. Just don't overdo it.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: How to start working off fat? [Re: i8an8th]
    #5722635 - 06/07/06 12:03 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You don't have to do cardio to lose body fat, but it is an effective way to burn calories.  Adding muscle through weight training will increase the minimum calories your body requires, and decreasing the calories you consume will result in moderate weight loss.  However, if you cut your caloric consumption too much, you will lower your metabolic rate.  Our bodies are built to survive famine, and will switch to conservation mode when starved.

This is why cardio is essential to weight loss: you can burn most of the 500 calories per day through exercise, and then make up the rest of the deficit through caloric restriction.  Your body will not react to being starved because you are still consuming a reasonable amount of food each day.

Drinking cold water and eating fiber does not cause you to burn massive amounts of calories.  Your body does use a few extra calories to warm up ice water, but you would have to consume massive quantities in order to see any effect on your weight.

Fiber is low in calories, but does not require more "processing" calories than other whole foods.  :lol:

The bulkiness of low-calorie, fiber-rich foods will fill up your stomach, and reduce the space you have for high-calorie foods.

Still, when all is said and done, it is quite difficult to lose weight through dietary restriction alone.  Adding cardio speeds up your weight loss, increases your energy, and is great for your health.

I do nearly 2 hours per day (in 2 sessions) of walk/run intervals and steep hill walking.  :thumbup:

Edited by Veritas (06/07/06 12:18 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order