Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAsmbandits
dimesize
 User Gallery

Loc: cow feild
A Cali boy out in the feilds
    #5715597 - 06/05/06 03:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hello all, I have been doing alot of hunting over the years here in the bay area of cali but have never came across any cubes ( or mabey I havebut wasnt 100% sure so didnt pick ) my qustion is has anyone from cali had luck latelly?? I have some killer spots and am thinkin of goin backto check but I dont knowif im wasteing my time or not.. I know certin times of the year in sf park you can find cyan's in some parts but theres so many people that knowabout it.. basically I am just hope'n to hearyour huntin advice/storys if you are from around here.. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: A Cali boy out in the feilds [Re: Asmbandits]
    #5715627 - 06/05/06 03:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

We don't get cubes here in cali  :frown:

But here is a list of actives for diff states.

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/12182

So you know what you're looking for while you're out there  :smile: 
Happy hunting

--------------------

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
Re: A Cali boy out in the feilds [Re: CureCat]
    #5715742 - 06/05/06 04:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

some good finds in here with lotsa pics and plenty a fishin stories.....

--------------------
Worlds Largest 'Liberty Cap' (Cali Libs Confirmed !)
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Edited by shroominDole (06/09/06 10:37 PM)

OfflineAsmbandits
dimesize
 User Gallery

Re: A Cali boy out in the feilds [Re: shroominDole]
    #5716013 - 06/05/06 06:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

nice, thanks for all the info cat and dole.. yeah ive heard that cali doest get cubeies but every now and then I here some random person sayin "I went out and picked these yesterday" or sumthin along thoughs lines and it makes me wonder.. prolly just full of it but who knows, i dont see why cali cant have cube's the climate in alot of areas is sutible for them you would think.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #5716104 - 06/05/06 06:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

the climate and habitat in mitchigan would suport siberian tigers too, but you don't see many of them.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: A Cali boy out in the feilds [Re: canid]
    #5716163 - 06/05/06 06:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

LoL, nice.

Yeah, I am pretty confident that it's somewhat up to chance, and that cubensis just hasn't gained a foot hold in cali yet for whatever reason....

Which is why I think all the growers in cali should start a foreign species introduction to the california!!!  :grin:
Seriously!  Everyone should just start burying all their spent cakes and casings, and every extra spore print should go to a bucket of spore solution that we pour over promising locations in hopes of a future grow and spread of more spores!!

Well okay, it might not happen, but it should.

--------------------

OfflineAsmbandits
dimesize
 User Gallery

#5716170 - 06/05/06 06:48 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

soo.. there not here cuz there just not here.. is what your saying?? If its possible then why not?? maybe a more thought out response like "there not there because they are not native to that area". but i knowwhat your sayin :wink:

you know some guy out in the county somewhere out here has a patch going by now its 2006.. probably many do so why isn't tat accounted for?? if they can live out here then what is stoping them from being intruded and thriving??

Edited by Asmbandits (06/05/06 06:50 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #5716194 - 06/05/06 06:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well, some parts of cali would probably support the climatic requirements of the species, but they would have to get there in the first place. to get there from the gulf coast, they would have to cross hundreds of miles of unsospitable geography, and this can not happen directly. in order for them to get there by spore, two sexualy compatible spores would have to travel that distance concurrently, land within a few feet to a few inches of one another, germinate, mate and survive. the odds of this happening are mind boggeling.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #5716211 - 06/05/06 07:03 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

it may be possible to introduce them to a habitable area, but consider how many 'tries' must sometimes happen in the wild before a species is actualy naturalized to a new area; before a colony surives through enough generations to spread and become endemic.

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5716258 - 06/05/06 07:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you concrete. I think there MAY be some areas of california or some isolated cases of cubensis popping up, but basically, they probably have not spread for the reason island wildlife, such as in Australia, before human interference (transportation) was rather contained to that geography, simply because the animals could not cross the ocean, as the cubes cannot thrive in much of the area surrounding the fertile areas of cali.
There may be other reasons as well, that cannot be accounted for, but I think that is the basic explanation for the absense of this species in our state.

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: A Cali boy out in the feilds [Re: CureCat]
    #5716293 - 06/05/06 07:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

not only that, but i think a lot of people who well muchrooms find it more reassuring to say "i picked these the other day" than "i'm committing fellony manufacture". i've heard people in idaho claim they used to pick cubensis in the mountains too, but they both clearly didn't know thier ass from a gastroboletus :wink:

--------------------

OfflineAsmbandits
dimesize
 User Gallery

#5716439 - 06/05/06 08:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well, all and all i guess I'm going to just keep looking for Copelandia cyanescens for now.. they seem to be all over this area, though I have seen them and never harvested them.. I'm going out tomorrow to see what I find and I'll post some pics as well.. I'm about 80% sure copes is what Ive been seeing out here.. but I'm sure you all can help me clarify that :laugh:

OfflineAsmbandits
dimesize
 User Gallery

#5716466 - 06/05/06 08:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

wait...lol Copelandia cyanescens  isn't in cali.. :frown: oh well I still may go out to find what resembles Copelandia cyanescens  to me..

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
    #5716891 - 06/05/06 09:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

All the cultivated species have been heavily grown in Cal. for decades so plenty of spores around as have people been establishing by inoculating and by spreading their local producing woodchips and bark planters from general Bay Area north through the Pacific Northwest.....this was actually a popular fad/ mindset in PNW in the past with wood chip thriving Psilocybes in places like Golden Gate Park (now thats a shocker) for instance......Copes and Cubes have been occasional temporary advents in coastal Cal. in the past when all the planets were aligned......but the reason for them not able to quite get a foothold is because those are 'tropical' species and Calif. is only subtropical at best excepting for those occasional offshore monsoonal influenced weather systems.

Though its possible to come across a Cope occasionally your probably finding something else but either way lets see some nice pics of whatever they are ....even non active types are always appreciated

--------------------
Worlds Largest 'Liberty Cap' (Cali Libs Confirmed !)
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds