Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
PNW Pann sub?
    #5713592 - 06/05/06 12:36 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have no camera but I am in monroe.

I am at a higher elevation than the city its self so I am up fairly high.

The stem was kind of strong but I did not mess around with it to much.

The cap is small and kinda uf like pointy and some are fairly flat. But not completely flat.

The cap has a ring around the edge wich is what made me think it was a pan sub.

The SPORE PRINT WAS BLACK!

Can you guys post a variety of picks of pan subs? Befor I atempt to eat anything I wanna be 99% sure preferably 100%. No camera and will check them out more theroughly tommorow thanks!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: PNW Pann sub? [Re: mikeownow]
    #5713679 - 06/05/06 01:15 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

We need a more complete desctiption.. habitat, description of the gills, stem, cap?

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: PNW Pann sub? [Re: eris]
    #5713815 - 06/05/06 01:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Oops thought I added that got ahead of my self. It was found in a cow pasture. I did say what the cap was like its about 1 inch around.

They sure look a whole lot like this pic.

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/21923

Dark small close together gills.

They appear to be attached but not physicaly just close to the stem.
the stem was a bit darker. I dont have a stem on hand and its to dark to go out and find another.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

#5713823 - 06/05/06 02:01 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

some of them the caps are quite dark I noticed so there seems to be some look alikes in them. Or do they develop the lightness in the middle as they dry and thats what makes the ring?

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #5713846 - 06/05/06 02:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yes, the drying proccess creates the zonate pattern.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: PNW Pann sub? [Re: canid]
    #5715852 - 06/05/06 04:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

so is there a deadly look alike for pan subb?

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #5715892 - 06/05/06 05:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

that depends strongly uppon what you mean by lookalike, as different species will more closely resmeble one another the less you understand about idetifying them.

there are no toxic Panaeolus species, and if they are small reddish to tan caped mushrooms, exhibiting zonate patterns in the cap when not thouroughly miost, growing on manure, hay/stray, in grass [etc.], having a reddish-brown stipe which has white fillient like strands or almost powdery white streaks ascending the stipe and clearly exhibit blue bruising, have greyish gills which sporulate unevenly [producing a mottles appearance] and have whiteish gill edges after sporulation, they are an active Panaeolus, probably Pan. subbalteatus.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: PNW Pann sub? [Re: canid]
    #5716173 - 06/05/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I concur with concretefeet, Once the identification of genus is 100% Panaeolus, you will not be contending with any poisonous species.. However, be sure! Psathyrella can look similar.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale