Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleasd11
final sky

Firemen uncover £1m cannabis factory in flat
    #5710725 - 06/04/06 11:03 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

EXCLUSIVE: Firemen uncover £1m cannabis factory in flat
By David Taylor
4 June 2006

STUNNED firefighters called to a blaze in a rundown flat discovered a £1 million-a-year drugs factory.

They found two houses knocked into one and every available inch crammed with cannabis plants.

Two kitchens, four bedrooms, four public rooms and entrance halls were all taken up with the drug.

The electricity supply had even been re-routed from the mains to power the factory in Fulbar Lane, Renfrew.

Firefighters said the blaze, sparked by a light, was confined to one room and quickly brought under control.

Dozens of high-powered lamps and other cultivating equipment were found as well as large compost grow-bags.

Electric fans had been set up to suck the strong smell of the drug through the loft window and all the walls were covered in tin foil as a crude insulator.

Police and ScottishPower were last night investigating the "industrial levels" of electricity used to run the factory.

A Scottish Power spokesman said: "We are investigating an issue with the meter, which it is understood was bypassed and the mains supply tampered with.

"Obviously this is highly dangerous."

A Strathclyde Police spokesman said: "Officers were called to the house where they found evidence of drug misuse.

"The house was empty at the time and police enquiries are ongoing."

Harvests

The 10 rooms were each stuffed with around 150 plants, worth around £250,000.

A farm on that scale can produce four harvests every year, bringing a total value of £1 million.

Both flats are listed on the Land Registry as belonging to Simon Kim Ming Tsui. He bought the upper and lower halves of the property for a total of £90,000 in 2003.

At the time, he lived in nearby Wilson Street.

The Sunday Mail understands the occupant listed at Fulbar Lane on the last voter's roll ??" Andy Cheung - is now resident there.

Some foreign magazines were found in the drug factory house.

Locals claimed last night they had no idea who owned the house, and said that no one had been spotted leaving or entering it for weeks.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_obje...-name_page.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Firemen uncover £1m cannabis factory in flat [Re: asd11]
    #5713977 - 06/05/06 05:15 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

> cannabis factory

Whatever happened to gardens? Oh, I know... factories sound a lot more fearsome in the drug war than gardens. Typical media...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

Re: Firemen uncover £1m cannabis factory in flat [Re: Seuss]
    #5714303 - 06/05/06 09:43 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

.... why so many plants? if its foreing its probly a iranian terrorist trying to make some drug money to start uo a terrorist camp..lol.

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

Edited by inoculatedGreif (06/05/06 09:44 AM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Firemen uncover £1m cannabis factory in flat [Re: inoculatedGreif]
    #5715496 - 06/05/06 03:20 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

when you're growing pot for profit you make more money off of 150 plants then you would with 10.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Firemen uncover £1m cannabis factory in flat [Re: coda]
    #5717917 - 06/06/06 04:07 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

> when you're growing pot for profit you make more money off of 150 plants then you would with 10

So if I have a few apple trees in my backyard, then I have an apple orchard, but if I have a few hundred apple trees in my backyard, then I have an apple factory? Sorry, I still don't get it.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Firemen uncover £1m cannabis factory in flat [Re: Seuss]
    #5718117 - 06/06/06 07:16 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

So if I have a few apple trees in my backyard, then I have an apple orchard, but if I have a few hundred apple trees in my backyard, then I have an apple factory? Sorry, I still don't get it.

Or you can also consider it an "Apple laboratory" if you will.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds