Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
I got Beef!
    #5706473 - 06/03/06 01:32 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

First of all, I am very, very drunk, so take that into consideration, but my point is still valid.

Security and saftey should be a much, much higher priority.  I realize that the forum gets few posts realative to hot forums such as basic mush cult., but what a lot of these newbee's don't realize is the serious risk involved.  Sure, you can tell them the peanalties they be facing, but that is nothing like the experience of facing the better part of your life in jail for trying to spread love and happiness without a real perspective of the forces at work against you.  I may be going to jail for several years for trying to turn a few (very few before being caught, stupid, I know) people on to psychedelics (dmt and mushrooms, later planned on LsD) but got popped before success, let alone profits.  We should have more "butsted" threads (perhaps a subforum of Sec.&Saftey, though I know it's taboo to sugest such a thing;)).  But my point is Security and Saftey should be right after Mush Cult., and Shroomery.org needs some major changes and considerations since we are rapidly climbing in membership and attention (both good and bad) ESPECIALLY since the closeure of overgrow has brought many cannnabis related memebers to our home forum (also bringing additioinal attention from the de)a).  IN closing, I have and always will Love the Shroomery (been lurking since early 2001) and everything you have done, and I want to see you keepin' on in the absolute best way possible!  Meybe I'll update this when I can see str8, burt I hope something was of use to you.  I hope i can keep contributing, and don't go away for many years for my first felonies (mmistakes).
:mushroom2: :mushroom2:
Brandon

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
Re: I got Beef! [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #5706490 - 06/03/06 01:38 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Oh yeah, NARC;s are your NUM 1 enemy, IME.  Important fact to add.  DEA luv's narcs and they will give your friends felonies too for threating them  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bleh, I need some F***in weed to end my alcoholisim/codiene addiction, this is bullshigt.  Please smoke on for me  :stoned: :stoned:

:mushroom2: :mushroom2:
~B

--------------------

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: I got Beef! [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #5707170 - 06/03/06 11:27 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

is there a link to the whole story?

OfflineTheDudeAbides
Livin Off FrostyBarley Pops andPork Soda
 User Gallery

Re: I got Beef! [Re: zSDMF]
    #5707417 - 06/03/06 12:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

What story? :wtf:

He's saying Security and Safety should be higher up in the forum list.....

--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: I got Beef! [Re: TheDudeAbides]
    #5710616 - 06/04/06 10:01 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

nah, the forums need a higher level of anonymity .. like irc has.

first off, If I was to ever run a site like this, I would own all the equipment involved, and keep it hosted somewhere where the drug law is not so strict and where there is not strong ties with the US (like russia or somewhere)  - because if this site was handed a federal subpoena, the owners would be required to hand over what information they want - such as access logs etc.

Now think, this forum logs every time someone logs in, with a timestamp and an IP address .. if the govt. requested access logs, It would not be hard at all for them to track down the users.

A higher level of anonymity is needed, SSL should be mandatory for all users, and .htaccess files should be used to block known government IP's.

I'm not paranoid, I've worked with computers for a large part of my life, and then mainly in the computer security field. I've done some stupid things, and I realise how important anonymity on the internet acutally is.

:2cents:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: I got Beef! [Re: Cepheus]
    #5711220 - 06/04/06 01:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Free SSL connections for however many hundred of thousands of users the shroomery has? I don't know specifics, but I imagine that the overhead for that would be massive, hugely expensive in terms of CPU time.

IMO, anonymity is the responsibility of the user, not the website. You can't really expect a completely free website like this to take care of anonymity for you. Taking care of it yourself is fairly trivial using free services.

Plus, letting the web service take care of anonymity is the wrong way to go about it. It lulls users into a false sense of security. The more trust the user puts in the web service, the more likely they are to be exploited by unscrupulous sites.

When I first came to this site, how did I know to trust it? If I needed true anonymity, it's much better to encourage people to protect themselves than promising that websites will do it for them.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: I got Beef! [Re: OJK]
    #5712680 - 06/04/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I just assumed it would be in the shroomery's best interest to be less 'open' with the information it provides, cause (don't quote me on this its an assumption) I would of thought the information provided here is of a questionable legality, especially as the server it is hosted on is in the us, so It would be in the shroomery's best interest to be a little less public about the information it provided - at least making the forums un-viewable to the un-registered public.

:2cents:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: I got Beef! [Re: Cepheus]
    #5712694 - 06/04/06 08:49 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Information is not illegal!

Overgrow was not shut down for telling people how to grow dope. They got shut down for selling seeds.

The Shroomery tells people how to grow mushrooms, they dont sell them, or spores either for that matter. The only things being sold are shirts.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: I got Beef! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5712904 - 06/04/06 09:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The way the USA is going today,one day we won't be able too take a piss with out the government knowing about it.

One day USA is going to be The Peoples Republic of the USA.

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I got Beef! [Re: Brainiac]
    #5714022 - 06/05/06 05:56 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Over my dead body.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: I got Beef! [Re: Shroomism]
    #5714380 - 06/05/06 10:31 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

that is the plan...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: I got Beef! [Re: Brainiac]
    #5718090 - 06/06/06 06:50 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

> The way the USA is going today,one day we won't be able too take a piss with out the government knowing about it.

I'm still waiting for them to put the urine drug detector right in the toilet. You use your national ID card to access the stall and if you test positive a cop is waiting outside to arrest you upon flush.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

Re: I got Beef! [Re: Seuss]
    #5721646 - 06/07/06 01:14 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

a curfew box at everyones front door would work too,you could clock in and out and be taxed for the freedom of breathing and waliking outdoors

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: I got Beef! [Re: quiver]
    #5749275 - 06/14/06 11:12 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

He does have somewhat of a point... Please tell me IP logs are regularly and frequently deleted. And that all identifiable information is kept to an absolute minimum.

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds