Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetripballz
Stranger
overdose
    #5690492 - 05/30/06 12:20 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

is it possible to overdose on mushrooms, my friend took 7 grams on time and said he OD'ed, basically whited out and woke up, does he bullshit,or does he not bullshit
Does he bullshit
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (05/30/06 12:19 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: overdose [Re: tripballz]
    #5690512 - 05/30/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

oh shit, I didn't read the title of the poll itself, for me, Probably Not means he probably didn't overdose. hehe oops :p

Offlinetripballz
Stranger
Re: overdose [Re: Maverick]
    #5690536 - 05/30/06 12:28 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i only ask because i read a couple trip reports, in which people were commenting about the reports like "if you werent such a nub youd know u cant OD unless you eat 3 times your body weight.." and then i think hmmm ive boomed like about 50 times since last summer, and ive never ODed, never really tried to, but have heard of it, was wondering if it was another knowledge like you Can not possibly eat/smoke enough weed to OD on THC,

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: overdose [Re: Maverick]
    #5690559 - 05/30/06 12:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

By the technical meaning of the term "overdose" yes, it's possible... Is it ever going to happen without some sort of elaborate extraction methods to concentrate the dose into something small enough to physically consume, no...

People seem to use the term "overdose" to describe any bad experience that comes from taking a large amount. This is wrongful use of the word as technically it's not an "overdose", it's "someone who ran head first into an experience he/she WASN'T ready to handle"

Don't worry, you wont overdose... I don't know what happened to your friend (seizure, intense experience that he was just too ignorant/closed minded to realize,etc) but it wasn't an overdose...

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

#5690563 - 05/30/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

im pretty sure any chemical can cause an overdose, but for each chemical, certain amounts need to be taken. for instance say X mgs of heroin cause an OD but it takes alot more THC to do it.

but no, i can pretty much gurantee you cant OD on THC unless you swallowed a shitload of marinol or something i guess.

and no, your friend didnt OD on shrooms. I hate it when people do this: they have an intense experience and call it an OD. i know people that have freaked out more from smoking a bowl than i have after eating an 8th and smoking a few joints. people just react differently

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

Offlinetripballz
Stranger
Re: overdose [Re: StickyWater]
    #5690569 - 05/30/06 12:37 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

k, so no overdose, k, yeah this kid like totally is the tripped out mutha fuka who can handle anything, got 7 grams of B+, and goodbye said he, he probably burnt out because he may not have eaten all 7 grams at once, he may have redosed later on and just blew a fuse, who knows, but thankyou. much apreciated.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5690715 - 05/30/06 01:23 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

friend took 7 grams on time and said he OD'ed, basically whited out and woke up,

You can take his word on it.
People at times lose consciousness on such doses, and even get convulsions because of it. You can say that's not an OD, but people often twist the truth when it comes to drugs they love.
For him, on that day, it was an OD, resulting in the medical emergency of unconsciousness.

Some people get it on one gram and others not even on ten grams, most of us never get it but some of us quite often.
It's a real thing, and you can bet it wouldve been labeled "acute mushrooms toxicity" in the ER.

Tripping is like skydiving: it is magnificent AND dangerous. If you are careful you can avoid most risk, but not all.

Many people have the attitude: "did he die? no? then its not an OD." but thats a pretty narrow interpretation of the word. Nobody knows what medically happened with him during that white-out. For all we know he might be lucky to be alive.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (05/30/06 01:26 PM)

OfflineWronguy
    #5690791 - 05/30/06 01:46 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Having an overdose is purely subjective. I once took two 7 gram doses within an hour of each other and the world as I know it came crashing in on me, so I guess I could say that I overdosed. I would only use the term to mean that I took more than I should or could handle though.

People hear overdose and automatically assume hospitalization or near death experiences. Most cases are simply an extremely intense experience where people just don't know what to do or have limited experience with the drug.

InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

Re: overdose [Re: Wronguy]
    #5690835 - 05/30/06 01:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I feel that the poll is worded badly

I put
probably not
as in
does he bullshit,or does he not bullshit , probably not

But you could also think
is it possible to overdose on mushrooms, very much so

which means the same thing
I don't know am I crazy
Sorry

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

Edited by UnderNose (05/30/06 01:58 PM)

OfflineKaleidoscope
Voodoo Child
Loc: the 28th dimension
Re: overdose [Re: UnderNose]
    #5690892 - 05/30/06 02:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

If you guys have shrooms that 7g's is an OD...I want some.

--------------------

Purple haze, all in my brain, lately things just don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #5690904 - 05/30/06 02:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't necessarily consider a black out or anything a result of an overdose on the drug. I'd think of it as more of just a bad reaction to the drug. It happens. Some drugs work for some people, some drugs have horrible side effects, I wouldn't consider that overdosing as it could happen with any dose no matter how large or small for any person. You can take 8g's and have everything work out fine. Month later you take 1g and have a seizure. Did you suddenly overdose on 1g but not 8?

OfflineJeroen198
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maastricht, The Netherlan...
    #5690919 - 05/30/06 02:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UnderNose said:
I feel that the poll is worded badly

same here.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: overdose [Re: StickyWater]
    #5690955 - 05/30/06 02:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

You can take 8g's and have everything work out fine. Month later you take 1g and have a seizure. Did you suddenly overdose on 1g but not 8?

Fort that day, under those coinditions, it was an overdose. At that day your convulsive treshold was lowered and you took a dose sufficient to put you over the treshold. Just like running a marathon is ok on one day but too much on another. For that day, the 32km is too much, it is over-dosed to the point of producing clear detrimental effects.

OD is also situation dependent. People have OD-ed on an exactly identical amount of the very same heroin, for the sole reason of shooting up in a different location.

Dosing (and overdosing) is dependent pn lots of factors beyond mere bodyweight.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (05/30/06 02:33 PM)

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: overdose [Re: Asante]
    #5692400 - 05/30/06 08:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I take the term overdose as having serious life threatening implications when one person doses too much, NO serious life threatening implications no OD. The term is used to loosely, Having a really bad trip, even blacking out on shrooms isn't an OD. The guy didn't have to go the hospital and he probably would have known that he needed to if he had. I had a friend who took 3gs of cyanescens, 7gs of liberties, one big amanita, all on a empty stomach, all these are stronger than cubensis, if there was an OD ready to happen it would have been then. He went through a horrific trip, because I was there and he was totally saturated in mushroom essence. But the next day he was fine and the swinging dick was even claiming that he could take the same dose again,

There are special cases where people can get adverse reactions to drugs that are relatively safe, because they might have a preconditions or they might be allergic, and this might trigger a serious overdose.

But as for the general population you can't OD on shroom unless if its possible to extract the drug and make the concentrate at a lethal toxicity. But I've never heard of this done with shrooms.

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: overdose [Re: capliberty]
    #5692441 - 05/30/06 08:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah the poll confused me too.

I put 'probably not' as in he did not overdose (even tho he dosed too much)

Offlinetwub
Strnager
Re: overdose [Re: Atheist]
    #5692828 - 05/30/06 10:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

what a shitty poll

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: overdose [Re: twub]
    #5692858 - 05/30/06 10:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i've overdosed on shrooms a few times.

usually after i've eat a good dry ounce.

it can make your fingers numb.
makes your mind so you can't hold a coherent thought.
you might forget your birthday or your name.

you can have what is called a drug induced stroke.

a quarter of shrooms might make you think your overdosing, but you're not, trust me on that.

overdosing on shrooms is kinda fun, i think everyone should do it.

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: overdose [Re: Telepylus]
    #5692867 - 05/30/06 10:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

to me, i think,
underdosing is alot more stupid than overdosing, lol

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: overdose [Re: Telepylus]
    #5692900 - 05/30/06 10:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

typical

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: overdose [Re: capliberty]
    #5693919 - 05/31/06 05:53 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

even blacking out on shrooms isn't an OD. The guy didn't have to go the hospital

How do you know that?
Because we don't really know what happens in a person's body when he loses consicousness. It might be very dangerous, but with the person recovering.

Most light heart attacks never make it to the hospital. People ride out the crushing pain and the lassitude afterward and then live on (with a scarred heart muscle) under the impression they merely felt really bad.
This to show you that sometimes there IS danger and people HAVE to go to a hospital, but recover. You misunderstand the "having to go to the hospital" bit. With many ailments people have to go, but don't because they don't think its serious enough, until it suddenly shoots far beyond that point, or recovers.

For all we know the "blackout" is a heart rhythm disturbance that deprives the brain of enough oxygen to function properly. Perhaps its silent epilepsy. The point is we don't know how dangerous it is yet.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract