Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Baseball fans - gimme some advice in my non-Shroomery fantasy league.
    #5690283 - 05/30/06 11:19 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Mired in 10th of 12 places for a while, I moved up to 9th and I'm poised to strike my way up to seventh. It's a long season but I've got a good team (poooo hooooles) and I think I should be able to make many moves on up. This is a rotisserie league so it doesnt work like our head-to-head, essentially everyone is competing against everyone else in every category (and we only have a few categories.)

In the category of WHIP I come in 11th, and in the category of ERA I come in 12th. My pitching staff should be a lot more solid than that. Here's how it looks right now:

SP's:
Mike Maroth - just landed on the DL
Freddy Garcia CWS
Aaron Cook COL
C.C. Sabathia CLE
Tony Armas WAS (just picked him up for today's start)
Greg Maddux - CHC
Jamie Moyer - SEA

RP's:
Derrick Turnbow - closer - MIL
Duaner Sanchez - NYM
Kyle Farnsworth - NYY
Scott proctor - NYY

proctor fucked it up for me bigtime in a few innings but it's also that Maddux has really started sucking in his last few starts.

here is where I need your advice. Our league lets you put 4 starting pitchers in, and I have 4 pitchers all starting today.

Aaron Cook vs. SD - definitely playing him, his lifetime numbers vs. them are phenomenal
C.C. Sabathia vs. CWS - white sox are hitting for power, but CC's on top of his game, I can't bench him, no way no how
Greg Maddux - Sucking lately, sucking bigtime, but has great number against the Reds. Do i sit him or play him?
Tony Armas - vs. Phi - I picked him up because I have a good feeling about him, and that's about it.

Should I start all 4 and hope for a few tremendous outings, or would you sit any of those four guys? I have this gut feeling they're all gonna have good starts and I'm hoping I can really take a jump in the standings today.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Baseball fans - gimme some advice in my non-Shroomery fantasy league. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5690562 - 05/30/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Sabathia is going to get roughed up. The white sox are white-hot right now, and he's on the rebound from an injury. I wouldnt start him if I had my way.

Mad-Dog is hard to say. I cant tell if he's getting tired already, or if he's just sick of pitching is heart out and not getting any support. I could see him coming on strong after Wood's strong outing yesterday, but I can also see him just not giving a fuck.

I couldnt tell you about the other two. I know nothign about either of them.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Baseball fans - gimme some advice in my non-Shroomery fantasy league. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5690570 - 05/30/06 12:37 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like ya got your pitching figured out.

Seems like your kinda in the middle on Maddux... I wouldn't put in so many guys though.

Male

#5690576 - 05/30/06 12:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

My girlfriend's brother said:

To me...if you feel a pitcher is worthy of a roster spot on your team I
see little reason to sit them. Unless there is a long list of reasons
not to have him start...might as well have them in there. Because if
there are 10 reasons against having him start why have him on your team
to begin with ya know? I can't take much from career stats VS. a team. I
mean...3 years ago whoever that pitcher is....is a different
person...and the team he is facing is probably damn different too.
And as you can tell...sitting starters is quite risky...cause nothing is
more frustrating that sitting somebody who has a good/great day...

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#5690583 - 05/30/06 12:40 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'm exactly the opposite.

I sit most of my pitchers unless I'm sure they'll pitch good.

I'd rather lose a good outing than be stuck w/ a bad one.

I'm starting Buerhle/Beckett tonight in our Shroomery league.

That should work out well.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Male

Re: Baseball fans - gimme some advice in my non-Shroomery fantasy league. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5690588 - 05/30/06 12:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I hope Beckett's due for a roughing-up. I'd rather the Blue Jays and Red Sox both lose, since the Jays are so close to us in games, but since they're playing each other, I gotta root for the Jays.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#5690601 - 05/30/06 12:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ugh, I can almost forget you like the Yankees sometimes.

Then you go and say something like that.

--------------------

Male

Re: Baseball fans - gimme some advice in my non-Shroomery fantasy league. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5690607 - 05/30/06 12:46 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I hate Boston. Not just the team, honestly that's secondary. I hate the city, and I hate mass-holes. Hating the Red Sox is just a perk on the side.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #5691058 - 05/30/06 03:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Bench Maddux until he turns it around. 4 horrible starts in his last 5 aint a happy thing.
Long term your pitching looks good for a 12 team league. Don't panic. 1 closer isn't really enough but don't overpay for another. You may just want to bag saves and shop Turnbow for a prime MR like Shields.

Listen to me. I actually win at this.

--------------------

Male

Re: Baseball fans - gimme some advice in my non-Shroomery fantasy league. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5691179 - 05/30/06 03:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It's frustrating not being able to turn this team around and work higher up into the standings.  Here's who I've got for batting:

C - Johnny Estrada (I dropped paul lo duca for him, then the two face off at Shea yesterday - estrada can't get a hit, and Lo Duca is 3 for 4 :rolleyes:)

1B - Albert Pujols :smile:

2B - Robinson Cano

3B - Ryan Zimmerman and Melvin Mora

SS - Freddy Sanchez

OF - Grady Sizemore, Curtis Granderson, Shawn Green, Gary Matthews Jr., Jacques Jones, Corey patterson

Util - Pedro Feliz (1B, 3B, OF)

DL - Hideki Matsui :frown:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5691511 - 05/30/06 05:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I would probably have started Sabathia just because the Sox generally tend to have problems with left handed pitchers. But then again, they usually play well in Cleveland so who knows what will happen.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom