Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleToTheExtreme, LOL
That Bug up yourAss
Male

Loc: Where there's fresh powde...
Am I an idiot or on to something?
    #5681907 - 05/27/06 10:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

How's it going, fellow shroomers. I just obtained a colonized jar of koh samui. now I am by no means an expert on shroom growing, but have successfully grown some PF style a while back. However, I have been playing around with this jar and after all but ruining my first casing attempt, i have tried some salvage operations. I have read a couple of articles that have motivated my to try new things. one tek told me that I could propagate mycelium on corrugated cardboard, so I sterilized the cardboard in a microwave with distilled water, and put a choice chunk of uncontaminated mycelium in. it seems to be working, but how the hell do I fruit it. I'll update this with some pictures in a while. my other operation is using the so-called honey-water tek. I boiled the honey water and just dropped in a spore print -- does this work? Like I said before, I am no expert, and fucking up a casing is a testament to that, even though I think it failed because I didn't put enough mycelium in it. any advice on fruiting off of the cardboard, or what to do with this honey water once it's done would be much appreciated.

--------------------

What can I say??? I like this shit!!
You've been slissed!
despisedicon said:
We all know the reasons why 50 Cent and Korn are gay faggots. You suck at life and I'm not talking about the board game fella.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Am I an idiot or on to something? [Re: ToTheExtreme, LOL]
    #5682110 - 05/27/06 11:49 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

The cardboard would be used for spawn only. I do not recommend attempting to fruit off of it directly. I'm sure it's been done, but again, recommended for spawn only. Most people that I have seen using cardboard are preparing spawn for wood-lovers. The next stage would be spawning to wood chips for an outdoor bed.

Your question on the honey water is pretty much the same answer as before. The liquid culture (honey water) would be used for spawn only.

This topic does not belong in this forum, so I'm moving it to Mushroom Cultivation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag