Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Weight loss herbs
    #5681617 - 05/27/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

anyone know about weight loss herbs, all these companys are going around talking about great results but I would bet the prices are very high, there are even "clinics" springing up offering HERBAL weight loss "therapy".

So whats the deal on these herbs?
Ever used one?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Weight loss herbs [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #5682624 - 05/28/06 05:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

There is the cactus Hoodia which is supposed to supress hunger feelings, it has become quite popular recently.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/correspondent/2947810.stm

There also was ephedra which helped by suppresing your appetite a bit and increasing your metabolism. This was found in nearly all weight loss pills and it worked.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlineshroomer_nick
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Aus
Re: Weight loss herbs [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5682632 - 05/28/06 06:02 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yeah when i noticed this my mind went streight to ephedra! good shit that

--------------------

Offlinewhythewho
outdoor mushroomfarmer
Male

Loc: .inside a t.hundercloud.
Re: Weight loss herbs [Re: shroomer_nick]
    #5682762 - 05/28/06 08:07 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ephedra is the natural speed, and in my opinion, works just as well.  i used to pop a couple ephedra pills and be up the whole night, my hunger supressed for like 6 hours, but you can keep on dosing :wink:  i once got some herbal ephedra, just ma huang from an herb store in leaf form, made some tea from it as an energetic boost for an energy-less trip.  the thing about that tho is that there was all these knots in my stomach and it made me a bit nauseas, painfully so, for about an hour afterwards.  had the same effects aside from that tho, which is im sure why people tend to go for the extraction process.  most of the herbal stuff out there now is bullshit tho, theyre just trying to make money off the fact that herbal is 'in', and theyre making a fat stack.  peace.

--------------------
Spiral out.... keep going...
spiral out!

OfflineDelta9Hippie
Traveler
Male

Loc: Spaceship Earth
Re: Weight loss herbs [Re: whythewho]
    #5682866 - 05/28/06 09:16 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

most plants that have stimulant properties...  hell coffee will help you lose weight if you want it to... but shouldn't you just work with your mind instead of distracting it?  It is harder, but it's a lot healthier physically and especially mentally.  Ya, i'm a bit opinionated when it comes to weight loss.

To answer your question instead of imposing my views....  Besides the stated, I've heard Yohimbe has some potential for a weight loss aid.  Umm, Coca too  :wink:.

--------------------
"During evolutionary time, the avenues of possible progress have become progressively restricted, until today only one remains...Man...has been suddenly appointed managing director of the biggest business of all, the business of evolution."

Life begins the day you start a garden.

Check out my trade list in My Journal...

Offlineofzeroconcern
Mindflayer

Loc: Aurora
Re: Weight loss herbs [Re: Delta9Hippie]
    #5683064 - 05/28/06 10:43 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I bought some hoodia from iamshaman.com, they come powdered and in capsules. It works. And maybe this is just me, but I've noticed that everytime I take them around bedtime, while I'm laying down about to go to sleep, I get reeeeeeeeeeeeeal giddy and super happy, like a massive endorphin high, I just feel like laughing, and I sleep great and have lots of dreams and wake up feeling good. But then again, that might just be a side effect from me thinking "awesome, I didn't eat a shitload of junkfood today like usual!" I dunno.

--------------------
"Who can see the future? Those who create it."

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Weight loss herbs [Re: ofzeroconcern]
    #5684009 - 05/28/06 05:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

In the article I posted about Hoodia they also talked about the high they got from it.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Weight loss herbs [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5684117 - 05/28/06 06:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Weight Loss Herbs
Despite all the mixed messages concerning herbal supplements, for some they can be strong allies in your fight against fat. Eating a healthy diet and exercising are still essential if you want to succeed but herbs can make the process of losing weight a bit easier. By helping you overcome common obstacles such as emotional eating, being too tired to exercise and always feeling hungry, these safe and effective herbs can help you reach your goals.

Food – everywhere we look, there it is. On TV, magazines covers and ads, our kitchen… You get the idea! Even driving in your car can tempt your taste buds without any food in sight! The smells of a bakery, someone cooking out, a restaurant; all “out there” tempting us, luring us, making our mouths water and our stomachs grumble! Diet? Who can diet?

Okay, settle down, we can. We just have to buck up our willpower and for some, leaning on herbs is now proving very helpful.

Herbal medicines offer tonics that shore up the nervous system and make it more resilient to everyday stress. This can give you the fortitude you need to resist temptation. What is more, these herbs boost your mood and we all know a bad mood can send us right to the goodies. An up-beat attitude has proven to be the best defense against indulgence.

As a rule, many fitness and nutrition experts do not recommend herbs, but there is a sincere argument in their favor: they are helping many people cope with dieting. Therefore, the following information is to aid you in deciding whether or not you wish to go this route. Keeps in mind however, as in all things, do not over-do any herb.

St. Johns Wort
Most often considered an herbal antidepressant, it is also a tonic this strengthens the nervous system. It ensures a steady supply of the neuro-transmitters needed for proper function. It is the right choice if you tend to succumb to overeating when you are under stress. Take one of the following, three times a day:

Tincture (1.5): 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters)
Tincture: (1:1): 20 drops
Tablet dried herb: Two 500-mg tablets
Tablet standardized extract: tablets containing the equivalent of 0.3mg hypericin

Oat Straw
In the previous century, the Eclectic (holistic physicians who believed in treating the causes of illness rather than the symptoms) found this herb helped alcoholics, smokers and heroin addicts summon the will to say “no”. They also found it helped addicts overcome symptoms of withdrawal. If you are having a difficult time with willpower, find some oat straw.
Take one of the following three times a day:

1. Tincture (1:5): 1 teaspoon (5 mil)
2. Tincture: (1:1) 20 drops

Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa)
Menopause-related mood swings and satanic hot flashes make dieting a nightmare and can lead to nerve-soothing sessions with chocolate. Black cohosh is an effective weapon when hormonal mood swings threaten your weight loss efforts. Caution: Do not use black cohosh if you are taking hormone replacement therapy.
Take on of the following three times a day:

1. Tincture (1:5) 1 teaspoon
3. Tablet; dried root: two 500mg tablets
4. Tablet; dry extract: (4:1) 250mg
5. Standardized dry extract: one tablet containing 1mg 27-deoxacteine

Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis)
Cordyceps is an ancient Chinese remedy famous for increasing stamina and well being. Once an extremely rare and costly herb, contemporary production techniques have made this mushroom more affordable. Bodybuilders use it to power up workout sessions and endurance athletes sue it to keep going longer.
Take one dose half an hour before exercise: Powdered cordyceps: one 250mg capsule

Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus)
Long used in Asia, Siberian ginseng increases animals’ ability to work as well as stamina in humans. In fact, the Russian cosmonauts used it on the job to counter the fatigue associated with long hours and lack of sleep. Many studies with both long-tailed rats and human gym rats show this herb increases the capacity to do workouts or other physical activity.

1. Take one of the following half-an-hour before exercising:
2. Tincture (1:5): 1 teaspoon (5 mil)
3. Tincture: (1:1) 20 drops
4. Tablet; dried bark: Four 500mg tablets
5. Tablet; standardized extract: One 100mg tablet standardized to contain 1% or more Eleutheroside E

Psyllium Seed (Plantago psyllium)
The seed of the Indian plantain has an almost pure fiber coating. When exposed to water, it swells to four times its original size. The seed has the added benefit of reducing cholesterol levels while giving you that pleasant, full feeling. Take a half-hour before eating:
Psyllium seeds: 1-teaspoon in 8-ounces cold water. If this makes you feel uncomfortably full, reduce the dose to 1/2 teaspoon.

Flaxseed (linum usitatissimum)
Used as a soothing bulking agent, the seed of the flax plant is covered with mucilage, which swells when it encounters water, much like the psyllium seed. Use whole seeds, which go through your body largely undigested and unabsorbed. Ground flaxseed, which can be absorbed, is rich in calories and thus, can defeat the purpose of weight loss. Take half an hour before lunch or dinner:
Whole flaxseed: 1 teaspoon in 8-ounces of cold water. If this makes you uncomfortable, reduce the dose to 1/2 teaspoon.

Cayenne (Capsicum minima)
The most famous thermogenic herb is undoubtedly the mouth-burning red pepper. Eating red pepper results in more than just a hot mouth – it makes you sweat and warms your fingers and toes. Red pepper also jump-starts your circulation and gets your blood rushing all over the place.

1. Tincture: (1:5): 10 drops
2. Tincture: (1:1) 2 drops
3. Powdered cayenne pepper: 1/4 teaspoon mixed with a glass of cold water
4. Tablet: One 250mg tablet

Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
Ginger was once comsumed in huge quantities in Britain, not because of the taste, but because it helped people survive the cold and damp climate. This made the lack of central heating a little more bearable.

1. Tincture: (1:5): 1 teaspoon (5 mil)
3. Root tablets: Two 500mg tablets
4. Powdered dried root: 1/2 teaspoon in a cup of boiling water
5. Fresh root: 1 teaspoon grated into a cup of boiling water

--------------------

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: Weight loss herbs [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #5685204 - 05/29/06 12:08 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

premature poppies they dont do there job but sure numb my appitite. i love to eat under the influence but with early ones from thining numb my appitite if made into tea. they dont do anything else, especially in the pain killing catagory. in fact when i make tea in the morning from these i may eat before bed or not at all

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures