Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBMArts
Stranger
Amazon casings not pinning... is 62f too cold?
    #5676407 - 05/26/06 09:25 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Hey
just wondered what you're take on this is. Its been pretty cold here recently and there is no way for me to raise the temperature in my room which is currently around 60°f.

I have some Amazonian casings... I'm having some troubles concerning overlay but basically its stopped getting worse, still there haven't been any pins. I also have some KC casings going that have already completed a complete flush and are continuing to pin despite the temperatures... just wondered what your take on this was.
I'm not really worried, I'm sure sooner or later I'll get pins even though its already been about 2.5 or so weeks. Usually I never had to wait more than 1 but its also been warmer usually... I've never done amazonians so I just wondered wether they need higher temps than other strains..what do you guys think?
thanks a lot

--------------------
Everything I post on this board is pure fiction. Nothing in the post above is real. It is all made up...

May the source be with GNU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

Re: Amazon casings not pinning... is 62f too cold? [Re: BMArts]
    #5676456 - 05/26/06 09:55 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, that's too cold. needs to be 70-75

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Amazon casings not pinning... is 62f too cold? [Re: Optx]
    #5676469 - 05/26/06 10:00 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yup. WAAY too cold.

TAKEN WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AS THIS IS OUT OF MY ASS:

I would throw them back into the incubator at 82-84 degrees for 24-48hrs to get that temp back to full juicy, then spray casings on top, cover with foil, put in fridge for 24hrs, then put back in your cold (71-74 degree) fruiting chamber.

This should re-set the mycellium

or maybe it will kill it all and contaminate your lungs with an over-shocked poisonous mycellium that 5% of shroomers accidently have happen to them then eat a dose to trip out and DIE (not really)  :eek:

-SDP  :bigblunt:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Edited by SDP (05/26/06 10:02 AM)

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

Re: Amazon casings not pinning... is 62f too cold? [Re: SDP]
    #5676477 - 05/26/06 10:06 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

no, don't raise the temp to 82
just get it up to 70-75. get a spaceheater or a heating blanket a few inches below your FC. do whatever you have to do to get to about 70 degrees.

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Amazon casings not pinning... is 62f too cold? [Re: Optx]
    #5676980 - 05/26/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It will fruit at 62F, but will take longer. I've had outdoor mushies coming up when high temps were in the low fifties and low temps in the low forties. If you can get the temp above 70 it will work better for you. A light bulb should do the trick.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineDreeker
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Amazon casings not pinning... is 62f too cold? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5677297 - 05/26/06 02:13 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

ill be truingin my fruiting at 72

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

Re: Amazon casings not pinning... is 62f too cold? [Re: Dreeker]
    #5677451 - 05/26/06 03:05 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

truingin? wtf?

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Amazon casings not pinning... is 62f too cold? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5677649 - 05/26/06 04:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
It will fruit at 62F, but will take longer. I've had outdoor mushies coming up when high temps were in the low fifties and low temps in the low forties. If you can get the temp above 70 it will work better for you. A light bulb should do the trick.
RR

Not always they will often stall when that far out range. This is very much strain related too.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineBMArts
Stranger
Re: Amazon casings not pinning... is 62f too cold? [Re: hyphae]
    #5679612 - 05/27/06 05:04 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
RR

Not always they will often stall when that far out range. This is very much strain related too.

Ok that sort of confirms what I was thinking and interested in finding out about. I knew that cubes can fruit in colder temps (as I am seeing with my KC casing) and this is the confirmation that wether or not its possible is strain related. How has this been documented or do you say this just out of experience? Can you name some good cold-fruiting strains that you know of?

--------------------
Everything I post on this board is pure fiction. Nothing in the post above is real. It is all made up...

May the source be with GNU

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Amazon casings not pinning... is 62f too cold? [Re: BMArts]
    #5679682 - 05/27/06 06:17 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Here is one that fruits well at lower temps. For the most part cubies are very tolerate although yields will suffer. From what I've seen over the years with other growers they can definitely stall, I myself always grow under optimal conditions why not?

Mexi-Cub

A very beautiful mushroom always giveing us beautiful spotted caps, usually of a nice yellowish color instead of your typical cubensis golden tan color. Sometimes it even throws off some orangish colored spotted caps. It tends to grow with smaller stems and rather large caps compared to its stem. A rather fast strain, and very easy to grow. It does exceptionally well cased, and will continue to flush over and over within a week of each other. Although not a giant sized mushroom, it produces an abundance of mushrooms continually. You can usually count on a minimum of 4 really good flushes from this strain, and sometimes more. Another nice key feature about this cubensis, as that it fruits well in cooler temps of 50F, but also grows like all other cubensis at the higher temps of 75F-85F.
One special characteristic about this mushrooms potency, is it doesnt seem to give the high anxiety a lot of mushrooms do when the first initial waves of euphoria come over you. Its a very smooth, clean high, with a nice heavy play on the eyes.

Puerto Ricans also fruit better optimally at slightly lower temps (70-74F).

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag