Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZorro
Bandito
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Torch lighter or regular lighter?
    #5667938 - 05/24/06 09:09 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Hi everybody,
I was wondering what you guys use to burn the Salvia when smoking. It is said that you can only achieve full effects when using a Torch Lighter and a Bong (although I suspect this is bullshit). I'm planning to try Salvia myself within the very near future (I've ordered 30 grams of Salvia Dried Leaves and a Bong today from http://www.azarius.net), so I'm curious to know. I don't have a Torch Lighter yet.

M.
What do you use when smoking Salvia?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (05/24/06 09:08 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Zorro, Zorro, the fox so cunning and free,
Zorro, Zorro, who makes the sign of the Z.

Zorro sàz:
Consuming tropane alkaloids is like using Windows XP.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Torch lighter or regular lighter? [Re: Zorro]
    #5667952 - 05/24/06 09:15 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Regular lighter works fine for me.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflinePurpleKush
Rational Lunatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Above The Law
Re: Torch lighter or regular lighter? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #5667962 - 05/24/06 09:19 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

ive heard the torch lighter thing, but ive used both and i couldnt tell a difference. a regular lighter is fine. you might want to hold the flame on there for longer than you would with weed though.

prepare for some crazy shit. the only time ive done 21 extract the top of my head fell off for the first few seconds and then i heard game show hosts talking to me in my head.

--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

OfflineDrGeek
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Torch lighter or regular lighter? [Re: PurpleKush]
    #5668387 - 05/24/06 11:35 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

If you're using regular leaf, I'd probably go with the torch lighter and bong, because salvia leaf burns at a higher temp than weed so you'd need to keep a regular lighter on there for a long time. With extracts, however, there's a whole lot less material to smoke so a regular lighter is easier. The only drawbacks I've found for the torch lighter is that the smoke is much too hot if you don't use a bong, plus they're more expensive, obviously, and you need to refill them.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Torch lighter or regular lighter? [Re: DrGeek]
    #5669295 - 05/24/06 04:08 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I can confidently say that there is no need to use a torch lighter, even if you're smoking plain leaf. I've tried both torch and regular lighters on unenhanced leaf, and noticed no difference. The more important thing seems to be holding the smoke in your lungs as long as possible, and for that I would prefer not to bake my lungs by super-heating the smoke. Actually, keeping any sort of lighter on it doesn't seem to be necessary; once the leaves have cherried, the cherry provides enough heat to vaporize the active goodies.

I definitely second using a bong if you're smoking plain leaf though... preferably as tall a bong as possible, and with as large a bowl as you can find (personally I enjoy a nice 2' Biz-Zong, with a glass-on-glass bowl that you can easily pack a whole $20-sack into)

Offlinecbabr
Stranger
Male
Loc: BC
Re: Torch lighter or regular lighter? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #5674383 - 05/25/06 07:44 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

a BIC will work just fine.. make sure to take the biggest hoot possible and hold it in untill you feel the effects come on.

OfflineKryptik
Enjoy the Magic

Re: Torch lighter or regular lighter? [Re: cbabr]
    #5674507 - 05/25/06 08:18 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"Dried leaves can be smoked in a pipe. They need to be smoked hot and the smoke must be inhaled deeply and quickly to have an effect. Because salvinorin requires high temperatures to vaporize, it is best to hold a flame immediately above the leaves, drawing it down into the leaves the whole time you inhale."
Quoted from http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html

I goes on to say that you can use a regular lighter, just make sure it burns hot. I personally used a torch ligher, but I also used to smoke Cigars, so I have a couple very nice torch lighters laying around. Either way will work..just make sure it is hot and using a bong or any means of cooling the smoke is highly recommended.

--------------------
Hex45 78 70 6c 6f 72 65 20 74 68 65 20 4d 61 67 69
63 2e 20 4b 69 6c 6c 20 79 6f 75 72 20 65 67 6f 21

Offlinemarijuana dan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Torch lighter or regular lighter? [Re: Kryptik]
    #15076642 - 09/14/11 05:36 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Salvia twisted my mind upside down and inside out, i had a severe anxiety attack and almost died. I was not dead but being sucked into an unknown dimension i comprehended that i was in fact, dead. When you think that you are dead, you freak out. I snapped out of it and it felt like my brain had literally recovered from a physical explosion. The next day i woke up with extreme vertigo and i could not stand on two feet. I went to the doctor and ended up getting sent in for an MRI. Turns out i had a very minor stroke that caused me permanent vertigo for life. I still have vertigo today although my body has adapted to the altered equilibrium and is more tolerable.

The salvia itself did not cause this, it was the fear that i thought i died and the state of shock that my mind went into.

Salvia is not a fun time. I still feel like a part of me is stuck in that dimension and i never fully recovered.

I love mushrooms however and respect them very much, but i still get a little feeling of doubt every time i take them. Fear that i may be taken back to that god forsaken place

InvisibleAmbient Forest
Beyond the infinite.
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Torch lighter or regular lighter? [Re: marijuana dan]
    #15076797 - 09/14/11 07:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like a bad trip yo, what strength extract were you smoking?

I've smoked salvia using bic's & jetties, It is easier to burn strait leaf quickly with a jet lighter (which is good if you are trying to roast a fat bowl quickly & hold it in for a while). I haven't found too much difference when smoking extract though, there's generally more than enough Salvinorum A waiting in my CP for with or without a torch, so I just use whatever I have on me (usually bic's & hemp wick, which gives you a much larger flame than a lighter on its own)

I've also Vaporized a mix of weed & sally without any issue, gives your cones a more trippy edge :evil2: Vaping is generally a smoother experience & less in your face than smoking, which is mostly because you are getting less active ingredients all at once. If you have an entire session with sally spun cones the effects do seem to keep on compounding rather than amping up & eventually plateauing as I find a session progresses with weed on its own.

AF

--------------------

InvisibleBoldAsLove
Pokemon Master

Loc: Kanto Region
Re: Torch lighter or regular lighter? [Re: Zorro]
    #15077689 - 09/14/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What you've heard is correct. A torch lighter is hot enough to release all the Salvinorin A from the leaf, a regular butane lighter isn't. And a bong is useful because you have to hold the smoke in for 20-30 seconds to get the full effects, this would be pretty hard to do with a dry pipe.

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor :alientransform: and Ferdinand :cigar:, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale