Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineshroomerNZ
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wellington, NZ
nice find today
    #5666960 - 05/23/06 11:19 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

it seems like my lucky day
found these in some woodchips.
Suspect these are p.subs? or are they a different p. variety?

Showing the blueing when rubbed with finger (pic doesnt show the blue well though)

Ready for drying...underneath tray is Damprid.

I left some big ones as they where abit past it and left quite a few little ones to grow over night. Hope no one else stumbles across them. Nice patch though, I roughly counted about 60 that I picked and there are quite a few more still in the ground.
Best thing is its just down the road from me......heres me travel some distances, trampling through forests and shit and here they were all along!!
I will take my camera with me tomorrow to take a pic of them growing.

Anyways one concern.....the patch is between a footpath and a gate, past the gate is the walkway. On the gate there is a sign that says "This area was weed sprayed". Now I doubt the council would spray anything but weeds and the fact that the mushrooms are growing would suggest that this area was not sprayed but im not 100% sure.
Would mushrooms live in high concentrations of weed spay?
Is it likely that the mushrooms could contain the weed spray in dangerous amounts?

Edited by shroomerNZ (05/23/06 11:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: nice find today [Re: shroomerNZ]
    #5667013 - 05/23/06 11:29 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Sweet find :laugh:

On the poisonous thing - personally it wouldnt bother me. How old was the sign? If you go back, have a look at all the surrounding weeds - and see how they are doin. If they are all dead and brown you have a decision to make, but if they are all good I personally would just take them. Although in saying that some weed sprays take a while.

You could ring the council and ask when they sprayed there.

OfflineshroomerNZ
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: nice find today [Re: Feelers]
    #5667138 - 05/23/06 11:56 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Cheers Feeler...good point on the weeds state....will check this out.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #5667594 - 05/24/06 03:40 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Generally susb disappear after spraying so i guess the fact that they are fruiting well is a good sign.
Do me a favour and test those against he potency of your normal pointy-capped subs and tell me if you notice a difference

--------------------

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: nice find today [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5667606 - 05/24/06 03:54 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I noticed on going back to my patch that there were a couple that upturned(much older specimens and then only slightly) - but in general they flatten out maybe with a very faint skirting when mature.

Those things are super wavy - even in the younger specimens. BM did you get your lab results back yet? I'm interested to see how these bad boys stack up.

Oh another interesting thing - I had someone describe to me what blue meanies were - apparantly from up in nelson. They knew their stuff - they had picked hundred of subs, and they could accurately describe "Blue Meanies" so I have come to the conclusion that we do indeed have pans/copes cyans in NZ.

Question is, are they worth looking for - and would dairy farms be the place to look?

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
    #5667895 - 05/24/06 08:48 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shroomerNZ said:
Ready for drying...underneath tray is Damprid.

I would fan dry those first, then use the damp rid to finish them off completely - Damp rid on freshies wont always get them dry completely and you face mould/rotting issues

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: nice find today [Re: _OttO_]
    #5668126 - 05/24/06 10:29 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I would actually wash them first and then dry but that is just a personal preference. I don't enjoy the crunchy surprises.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: nice find today [Re: Feelers]
    #5671371 - 05/25/06 02:24 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

yeah someone else corrected me on that one as well - seems like you do - you guys get all the good fellas and a few extra as well...

--------------------

OfflineshroomerNZ
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: nice find today [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5671456 - 05/25/06 03:03 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

BM - If or when i come across the pointy-cap subs i will let you know. Im taking about 4 fresh small wavy caps tonight.

_otto_ Unfortunitly i dont have an understanding wife when it comes to taking my medicine so have to be abit sneaky...hopefully they are ok and i should get a chance to fan them for an hour or so tomorrow.....i did lay down heaps of damprid and the container is a 100% airtight container, so heres hoping!

About the pans/copes cyans feeler, i read you get them between the sand dunes and the pasture amongst the lupids. The aussie/nz magic mushroom book states this as you probably know but i have also heard of people getting active mushrooms around sand dunes in new plymouth.
I had a search myself up north in the area stated by the book the other day and looked around for about an hour, there where a few mushrooms in the lupids but didnt find a cope cyan.
If they are anything like the Hawian ones then they are diffenetly worth getting as they are ment to be one of the stronger ones??

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck