Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZimed
Stranger
Autism Emulating Psychedlic Events
    #5665100 - 05/23/06 03:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Good Day, this topic is concerning Austism with that of tripping.

I have a rather close friend, who in fact, suffers (or maybe he enjoys it) from the mental disorder known as Autism. He is unmedicated and has been born this way. Collectivly, this person would likely be considered lucky, as there case of this disorder is pretty small, compared to other very serious situations, where in the person can not even communicate with the general public, what so ever, and can not talk/lives in there own world. My friend was blessed to have one of the posiitive attributes, and that is being able to be lost in your own world. He can communicate very well, but is lacking in the area of socializing, skills..he has been shunned by a lot of people who are cruel, by his generally odd behavior.

He tells me about all these wierd things, awsome to, that concern that of the "Hoopla Empire". He goes in his room, lays down on his bed, and gets lost in his own world, and actually enters it, as if he is leaving reality, and can bend it the way he wants it to be, sort of like adream, except he is awake. He goes around creating, drawing, talking, and telling people about this, and the detail in his explanations of scenarios, everyday is so unique, and large. His creativity is so large.

It seems he does not need to trip ever. He can trip whenever he wants. He can actually search around his mind if he wants, and find memories, and other abstract things. But the thing that gets me is how he goes in his room, and just enters the world, like shrooming. And if he concentrates hard enough he can have very realy open eyed hallucinations. You guys would not believe the detail he comes up with everyday! "The hoopla gods"...and many other things.

How is this the case. Is autism, a similair malfunction in the brain, as to what shrooms CAUSE the brain to expereince?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Autism Emulating Psychedlic Events [Re: Zimed]
    #5665228 - 05/23/06 03:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think that they are very different expierences. Just like how a LSD trip is different from Mushrooms, which is diff from Ketamine, which is diff from Mescaline, etc. I dont think that the Autistic gets the same 'trip' that we do from taking psychedelic drugs.

However, it is very interesting - I remeber awhile ago reading about this one guy who had Autism, and very smart - and when he would do math, he would see vast landscapes form that represented the numbers. He could recount pie to some insainly large number, and was able to solve math problems by rearranging these landscapes mentally.

Just goes to show you that the mind is an amazing thing :smile:

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5665230 - 05/23/06 03:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

That man needs to pick up an instrument. He might be VERY good at one of them.
High doses of lsd taught me to play the guitar. When I was in highschool kids would ask how I could possibly learn certain solos. I had never had a teacher, yet I can play to any song without ever having heard it. There is definately a connection between my own experiences with hallucinogens and autism......
People just dont believe I have learned the maths that music is made of, all on my own...
That to me has always been a really trippy subject, and is kind of how I look at schizophrenia. Its inspiring......

I have people on both sides of my family that have killed themselves due to the extreem effects of schizophrenia. SO maybe that has something to do with the fact that I learned how to play several instruments within 2 years.
I too though, dont think that autism resembles the psychedelic experience all that closely for most people. There are parallels though.

Edited by stemmer (05/23/06 03:58 PM)

OfflineZimed
Stranger
Re: Autism Emulating Psychedlic Events [Re: stemmer]
    #5665307 - 05/23/06 04:08 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

He is extremely intelligent. He has around the same IQ as me, which is around 145-155, I'm not sure. He is very good at Mathematics, and EVERY subject. He has never touched an instrument in his life, I do not believe, but he is extremely gifted in Programming algorithms, and even creating his own....like C++ and VB. So Stemmer, you suffer from Autism as well? What confused me about what you said is this: How can one learn brand new material, from something that is empty. Perhaps you believed the music was good while in the high stupor? I find it unusual, not un believable, just outstanding, that one could learn something that is not innate, simply by taking large doses of Acid...the subject generally, has/needs to be taught to fully play the song, and if you could, did you forget it quickly after playing it, or after the trip was over?

What got me, was his ability to create hallucinations, simply by thinking about it. And by going in his room, and lying down, can enter a world, truly his own. He remembers everything visually, using images. Amazing...

OfflineZimed
Stranger
    #5665381 - 05/23/06 04:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, and something else very interesting and curious is this: Autism is generally the malfunction of the wiring of the brain. From the anterior, to the interior lobes, and depleted dopamien and seratonin levels, hence the disorder. That would mean, if he, or someone autistic for that matter took shrooms, or LSD, it could potentially correct the problem...or perhaps intensify the problem, or maybe just add euphoria to it, and everything else be the same.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5665473 - 05/23/06 04:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have never been in a high stupor unless I was hung over so I guess I dont know what you are asking.

I suffer from no known mental "sickness". I think I am a mess of them all. A normal person. Certain traits seem to be dominent.

I mainly meant forseeing key changes as it pertains to improv... and hearing every note and all that went with it within the confines of any writen song. I am not claiming to be psychic.

As far as music goes, around my third trip I noticed a difference. After my first high dose trip It was never the same again. Im sure I was naturally talented without drugs. But they changed my music and my life. I can create hallucinations by thinking about it. Intense audio visuals are with me for the long run. Visual hallucinations are too but are confined to the typical spots of light ang geometries(GEOMETRIES).
There is a correlation. I studied music in college and my teachers didnt really know what to think of me when it came to "well how did you learn to play these intruments so well without a teacher?" ( I cant understand a sheet of music for the life of me unless its on the saxophone, but I can improvise on the guitar bass and keys like I have sold me soul to the devil).
You can ponder that correlation all you want. I have explained almost nothing about it thus far.
SO no, music is not just cooler when tripping or during the after effects. They gave me the gift of math. There are only so many rhythms, and one musical scale for any one point in a song, unless you are talking fusion jazz(which is my favorite).

I can tell the truth without bragging...... My skills are by far out of the ordinary and HIGHLY accentuated by hallucinogens.

Ill have to think about that second question....

Edited by stemmer (05/23/06 05:06 PM)

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: Autism Emulating Psychedlic Events [Re: stemmer]
    #5665630 - 05/23/06 05:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Using psychedelics made me smart.

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #5665666 - 05/23/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Perhaps you believed the music was good while in the high stupor?

Hmmm... Obviously you could benefit from some reading about psychedelic drugs. I can tell from this and your other post, that you know nothing about them. You almost sound like someone from another forum on here to troll.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineZimed
Stranger
Re: Autism Emulating Psychedlic Events [Re: mecreateme]
    #5665717 - 05/23/06 05:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

While I respect your opinion, I do believe you are entirely incorrect. It is true that I am new to psychedelics (Started Reading in March), however I have read quite a bit about them, mainly concerning LSD, and Psilocybin (Shrooms). In fact, On Saturday I read a 13 page article about a test conducted in another country, using psilocybin on many volunteers, even a pregnant woman. The comment I made about the music was simply inquisitive, attempting to state possibilities for the solution. I am not here to troll, but to further my knowledge, and understanding for the powerful drugs, as psychedelics.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #5665802 - 05/23/06 06:08 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

That's cool. Sorry, it just seems that you are kind of applying other drug ideas to psychedelics. When you are altered on LSD, the music isn't better because you are messed up, it is better because you are really percieving and feeling, even seeing the music in a new light, you never had before.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Autism Emulating Psychedlic Events [Re: mecreateme]
    #5667668 - 05/24/06 05:27 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i've been thinking along similar lines lately. go to youtube.com and type in salvia and watch those videos...

something is going on here...

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #5671410 - 05/25/06 02:40 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

interesting idea but there is a big difference - interesting they now believe autistic people and peopke with Aspergers syndrome lack an 'ego' in teh same way that normal people do. They are unable to filer out unneeded information in their minds and focus their attention.

--------------------

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Autism Emulating Psychedlic Events [Re: kaniz]
    #5672047 - 05/25/06 09:33 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kaniz said:
I think that they are very different expierences. Just like how a LSD trip is different from Mushrooms, which is diff from Ketamine, which is diff from Mescaline, etc. I dont think that the Autistic gets the same 'trip' that we do from taking psychedelic drugs.

However, it is very interesting - I remeber awhile ago reading about this one guy who had Autism, and very smart - and when he would do math, he would see vast landscapes form that represented the numbers. He could recount pie to some insainly large number, and was able to solve math problems by rearranging these landscapes mentally.

Just goes to show you that the mind is an amazing thing :smile:

*sigh*... if only we used more than 10% of our brains what a paradise we would live in...

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineRoker
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: outer spiral arm
    #5676017 - 05/26/06 05:23 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

That is so amazing. I saw a documentary called "Brain Man" about a mathmatical savant who saw numbers as different coloured shapes and he could do amazingly complex calculations in his head plus recall pi to thousands of places. But the great thing about it was that he was pretty normal in every other respect.

Then there is synesthesia which is also pretty wild. Has anyone ever experienced this?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag