Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Seeking Reishi and other spores in Canada
    #5657058 - 05/21/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I am in Canada for the North American summer and I am really keen to get ahold of a reishi spore print. Also any other gourmet or medicinal spore prints that people may have on offer. I am seeking a clean, uncontaminated spore print and I am willing to pay for it.

I am mostly based in the Vancouver area but will be travelling around BC and some of the PNW through the summer if anyone knows of a supplier in any of these areas, otherwise if you are growing them yourself and would be willing to help a shroomerite out by making a spore print I would be very very greatful. PM me if you are able to help and we can work something out. Thanks!

:smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: Seeking Reishi and other spores in Canada [Re: zee_werp]
    #5674949 - 05/25/06 10:21 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Surely there must be someone who has some reishi growing in North America who can make me a spore print? I would be eternally greatful. I really need a print as opposed to a living culture as I have to transport it for a while. Whoever supplies me with a print will help out a lot of people who do not normally have access to this wonderful mushroom.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5694093 - 05/31/06 08:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Your demands for uncontaminated spore print are going to make it hard for someone to want to send you one. Reishi drops spores for nearly a month before quitting, so one can't just pick it and get a print in a glovebox. I have dozens of prints from five or six ganoderma species, but I would never start one of them without running the mycelium across agar to check for contaminants.

You can pick your own Ganoderma oregonese in the Cascade mountains of Washington State and Oregon, perhaps even in BC. They look like a giant version of Ganoderma lucidum, and have similar medical benefits. They're widespread in Washington and Oregon, but hard to find sometimes. I searched yesterday for several hours in the old growth forest before finally finding a single log with a few that I brought back for cloning.

If you're determined to get 'contamination free' you can purchase spawn directly from vendors. If none here have it, fungi perfecti does.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: Seeking Reishi and other spores in Canada [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5694647 - 05/31/06 12:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the reply RR. I realise that it is sometimes difficult to obtain spores from the reishi to be guranteed 'clean'. But of course I would be running it on agar before I inoculated anything.

I now change my request to, a reishi spore print that at least has a chance of being used for cultivation.

Also as for the local ganoderma's, I've been roaming around in the forest a bit and found a huge amount of various things that seem like ganoderma's. But I am no good at identifying these. I've seen maybe 4 or 5 different species of ganoderma-like mushrooms. However most of them are very thick where they join to the wood, whereas I thought reishi came more from a kind of little stubby stem? I will look for pics. Thanks for the info.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5698656 - 06/01/06 07:21 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Here's a very large Ganoderma oregonese that I brought home and cloned a couple of years ago. It was found about fifty miles east of Seattle in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area at about 3500' elevation. The second picture is the antler form grown from the clone. Most of the G oregonese you find in nature are half this size or smaller. They grow on very decomposed trees after the other fungi such as Ganoderma applanatum and fomotopsis pinicola have already finished with it. I've never found it on a tree still standing, so look low.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: Seeking Reishi and other spores in Canada [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5707464 - 06/03/06 01:16 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Great pics RR, those are some nifty looking antlers!

Since I'm not having much luck with the spores here, can anyone at least give me a link to any other gourmet + medicinal forums where I may have more luck?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck