Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

best way to dry and powder peruvian torch?
    #5645692 - 05/18/06 09:50 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

alright, if i have a fresh piece of peruvian torch, how do i dry it and then powder it?

do i just cut slices of the cactus, dry it in the oven or some other means (let me know your methods if you have any other suggestions on drying) and just crush it up in a coffee grinder?

do i remove the skin and just dry the pulp, or do i keep the skin on?

thanks... this is all very new to me so i really appreciate the help.

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: best way to dry and powder peruvian torch? [Re: agoutihead]
    #5645768 - 05/18/06 10:24 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Evaporation is speeded along with little detriment to the final product by putting it in a warm oven (200?F) with the door cracked open to allow water vapor to escape.

is this a worthwhile method of using the oven?

since it is such a low temp... this wont cook the mescaline at all will it?

are there any harmful fumes during this process? especially with leaving the oven door cracked?

also.... is the drying of all cactus' the same?... san pedro, peruvian... etc?

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #5645803 - 05/18/06 10:37 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, you can use an oven to dry you cactus. Mescaline is a stable molecule and 200F should be no problem as far as I know. My friend dried a san pedro that way and it worked fine, we did not yet try if it is still potent though.

It can take a long time before they are cracker dry, make sure you make thin slices to speed up the process!

I don't think there will be any harmful fumes.

Quote:

o dry peyote buttons lay them out in the hot sun or in an oven at 250 degrees F until completely devoid of moisture.

- http://www.erowid.org/plants/peyote/peyote_cactus_guide.shtml

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: best way to dry and powder peruvian torch? [Re: Annom]
    #5645814 - 05/18/06 10:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

From the same url:

Quote:

The skin should not be thrown away, however. The green tissue close to the skin contains a high concentration of mescaline.

To dry San Pedro slice the cactus into disks (actually stars) 1/2 inch thick and dry thoroughly in the sun or in an oven at 250 degrees F. The spines must be removed either before drying or before chewing. Also one must be careful of the splinters from the woody core.

InvisibleMezcal
    #5645839 - 05/18/06 10:57 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

The outer skin (the waxy coating) is hard to remove, but is pretty gross to consume. I find it's easiest to remove it from partially dried specimens.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: best way to dry and powder peruvian torch? [Re: Mezcal]
    #5645887 - 05/18/06 11:15 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well if i plan on doing an extraction to get pure crystal form... wouldnt the skin be worthwhile to keep on when i powder it up?

--------------------

InvisibleMezcal
    #5645916 - 05/18/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, if you plan to extract to hcl salt, the skin is no problem...

But I don't see why you think you need to dry it.

Just throw it in the freezer overnight to allow the cell walls to burst, then thaw it and blend it. Simmer in slightly acidic water for a few hours then proceed with the A/B extraction.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#5645988 - 05/18/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well i started reading Ekstaza's easy extraction process... i only got to page 25.. so i have the other 25 to read.

i noticed that konnrad said he didnt poweder it and it basically didnt work for him.

i just figured working with a powder would be easier.

all this chemistry stuff is new to me... but im learning little by little.

and what does HCL stand for? what exactly is it, or does it mean?

--------------------

InvisibleMezcal
    #5646064 - 05/18/06 12:12 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i've used fresh cactus and had good results. freeze it, thaw it, cut it up and blend it with water to make a sludge. boil it with a little vinegar or citric acid (lemon juice) for an hour or so. then procede with the ekstaza tek.

HCl is hydrochloric acid, the molecule formed by one atom of hydrogen and one atom of chlorine. in water, the hydrogen basically gets released from the HCl molecule and because of its strong tendency to release, it has the property of being a very powerful acid (i.e. lewis proton donor).

when something exists as a HCl salt, basically the freebase form of the molecule has grabbed a hydrogen from the HCl and the free chlorine ion (atom with an electrical charge) is associated with the freebase-hydrogen complex.

with mescaline, the mescaline freebase grabs the hydrogen, and the chlorine is attracted to the whole mescaline-h complex by electromagnetism.

mescaline+(h) <--> (cl-)

having a few semesters of college chemistry is probably necessary to understand all the chemistry involved in the extraction process....

just be careful when working with NaOH and HCl, they can burn you, blind you, and ruin your floor.

good luck.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#5646182 - 05/18/06 12:39 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

what is NaOH?

yeah i wish i could take a few chemistry and biology classes... even at my local college... but im really strapped for time and money right now.

so i just have the internet to teach me...and all of youse guys!

so an HCI salt is basically what you would call mescaline crystals at the end?

--------------------

InvisibleMezcal
    #5646364 - 05/18/06 01:21 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

NaOH is sodium hydroxide. A strong base (i.e., it tries to steal hydrogen atoms off of molecules). It is also known as lye and caustic soda.

mescaline hcl is the salt of mescaline freebase and hydrochloric acid.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#5646523 - 05/18/06 02:26 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

ahh lye sounds familar now from the TEK.... but i remeber seeing someone saying that the RED DEVIL LYE has been discontinued... is this true?

--------------------

Offlinejohnhenry
Minderbinder
Loc: capital-evil empire
    #5646787 - 05/18/06 03:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Swim says you may want to cut out the center core after you make stars. Very little mescaline content in core, less cactus to have to work with. Swim used a dehydrator but took a long time to thoroughly dry- 24hrs.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: best way to dry and powder peruvian torch? [Re: johnhenry]
    #5650059 - 05/19/06 12:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

yeah that was something i was wondering was if i should remove the core?

sounds like more hassle than it is worth to keep it in.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale