Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJRichter420
Stranger
shroom storage
    #5645346 - 05/18/06 07:04 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

firstly yes i have searched this site aswell as others but would like to hear some direct responses to my questions as they havent really been properly answered.

i want to store my shrooms as long as possible (months or even years) and last season after reading up everything i could on the subject i decided to first obviously dry them as much as possible (food dehydrator works great), then put them in to small ziplock bags, then put the ziplock bags inside a mason jar. i then put a heap of silica gel packets underneath the bags inside the jar and sealed the jar tightly. this worked ok although after a few months they were somehow getting moisture on them and losing a bit of their potency.

so what i want to know is would it be better to put the silica gel packets inside the actual bags with the shrooms? is this safe? if so is it safe to instead put some drierite inside the bags (after first being put into empty tea bags)?

thanks to those who respond and anyone that says to UTFSE STFU.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: shroom storage [Re: JRichter420]
    #5645451 - 05/18/06 08:05 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Dry until 'cracker' dry, grind into as fine a powder as possible (a coffee grinder is cheap and best for this), clean and thoroughly dry and old jam jar, pour contents in and pack as tight as possible (baking foil on top and wedged down if your shroom powder doesn't fill the jar, put lid on and screw on as tight as possible, large square of baking foil over top of jar held in place by a double wrapped elastic band round the neck, store in cool, dark place

The shroom powder will last a good couple of years without losing potency.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineJRichter420
Stranger
Re: shroom storage [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #5645497 - 05/18/06 08:26 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

yeh ive heard of doing that but i wanna store them as they are not ground up.

OfflineEdgekrusher
God
    #5645514 - 05/18/06 08:30 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I've never stored years on end, but my ole lady has one of them handy dandy vaccum sealers. After the dehydrator does its duty, I weigh em out into vaccum sealed bags. I've never noticed a loss of potency, but I've never stored beyond 6 months.

Offlinemrjim202000
 User Gallery
Re: shroom storage [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #5645540 - 05/18/06 08:38 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I have had good long term success "whole" 1) dry until you cant dry any more 2)store in the smallest airtight container you can fit them in (or the smallest you have) 3) toss in one or two of the packets you get in some pill bottles or beef jerky that absorb any rouge moisture 4) store in a dark, cool place until needed.

good luck man
peace

--------------------
dont tell lies, there will be less to remember

Offlineloopin20
Stranger
Female
Re: shroom storage [Re: mrjim202000]
    #5645551 - 05/18/06 08:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

My method is to cracker dry them in a dehydrator and then grind them in a blender to a powder. Put them in capsules for easy takin' or mix the powder in honey for longterm storage. Spread the honey on bread with some PB for a sandwich.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #5645718 - 05/18/06 10:00 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JRichter420 said:
yeh ive heard of doing that but i wanna store them as they are not ground up.

Grinding is a really good idea for long storage. The shape of a mushroom has specifically evolved to effectively draw in moisture, if you grind them you decrease the potential for them attracting moisture.

Buy a coffee grinder - I got one for £12 years ago, well worth the cash.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineJRichter420
Stranger
Re: shroom storage [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #5647919 - 05/18/06 09:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I have had good long term success "whole" 1) dry until you cant dry any more 2)store in the smallest airtight container you can fit them in (or the smallest you have) 3) toss in one or two of the packets you get in some pill bottles or beef jerky that absorb any rouge moisture 4) store in a dark, cool place until needed.

is it ok for the desiccant packs to be touching the shrooms? last year i put the packs outside of the bags inside the jar.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #5647960 - 05/18/06 09:45 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yes the desiccant packs can. Just not the desiccant directly. As long as everything is dry inside, they wont absorb any moisture and get wet. If they were to, it could leak the taste through the packet..but its not nessessary. In a sealed glass jar, airtight, I've had shrooms last over 2 years, still damn good.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies