Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up?
    #5645271 - 05/18/06 05:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

And by waking up, I'm not talking about the moment that you go from the sleeping state to the waking state, but rather from the waking state to a superior state of awareness. This might be a feeling that is very similar to the feeling you have when you wake up in your bed, yet it isn't exactly the same.

Let's hear it!  :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesoulcircus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? *DELETED* [Re: exclusive58]
    #5645293 - 05/18/06 06:12 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineLord_Shiva
The Mahadeva
Male

Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: soulcircus]
    #5645340 - 05/18/06 07:01 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think waking up, in this case rising to a higher state of awareness, is a longer process with most people, like with me. Of course I am getting more aware of myself, the world and the supernatural things with every day, every trip, every interesting dream, but I don´t really realise the change, because I´m 24/7 in my body/my mind. It´s like parents often don´t realise how their own child is growing up, but when relatives come for a visit, they always say things like:"Oh, you´ve grown up sooo fast". Only when I look back and remember who I was in the past (only a shadow of the person that I am now) I can tell what it really means to wake up.

--------------------
satyam shivam sundaram

Edited by Lord_Shiva (05/18/06 07:01 AM)

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: soulcircus]
    #5645775 - 05/18/06 10:26 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

the first time i felt like i was waking up was with marijuana, when i was a total newbie to drugs. each time that i would bring my awareness unto myself, i would feel almost exactly as if i was waking up from a dream, and i loved it! i was amazed by that feeling. i could make myself "wake up" every ten seconds or so. But that only happened the first few times that i smoked.

I think that marked the beginning of my interest in spirituality, along with my first shroom trip where i felt completely aware for the first time of my life.

Nowadays, I don't get that waking up feeling anymore, and i think its because i'm awake. But i'm still able to feel my degree of awareness grow when i meditate, and i totally understand that the most important part in meditation in perseverance. I'm curious as to where meditating can get me...

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: Lord_Shiva]
    #5645778 - 05/18/06 10:27 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lord_Shiva said:
Only when I look back and remember who I was in the past (only a shadow of the person that I am now) I can tell what it really means to wake up.

:thumbup: I know what you mean.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: exclusive58]
    #5645793 - 05/18/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'm always wakin up

when what a really want

Is to get some bloody rest!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5645873 - 05/18/06 11:12 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

One became many...
Many became one...

This went on and on, and on, and on and on, and on and on... ... ...

Then came the notion.. "One become many, many become one, AS MANY!" ..
Thus merging, the many, AS the one..

I kind of think that notion, felt like waking up, ...

:crazy2::thumup:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: Gomp]
    #5645942 - 05/18/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

eureka!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineDfekt
Your mother wouldn't approve...
Male

Loc: UK
    #5645954 - 05/18/06 11:36 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Sometimes when i'm sitting alone, staring at walls, quietly pondering over the fabrics of the intricate tapestry of existence, i'll feel as though i get a momentary glimpse of one of the colourful patterns embedded upon it (existence that is, not the wall :tongue2:), perhaps with my third eye...? and this can feel very similar to waking up for me.

Or maybe not so much waking up as a temporary peep through my heavy eyelids, which then proceed to droop back down as i roll over and fall back to sleep...

--------------------
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~Oscar Wilde

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #5646091 - 05/18/06 12:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
One became many...
Many became one...

This went on and on, and on, and on and on, and on and on... ... ...

Then came the notion.. "One become many, many become one, AS MANY!" ..
Thus merging, the many, AS the one..

I kind of think that notion, felt like waking up, ...

:crazy2::thumup:

you are the man, gomp
:thumbup:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #5646942 - 05/18/06 04:20 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Just call me 'Neo!' I use The Matrix as metaphor all the time.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5646945 - 05/18/06 04:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Sure, plenty of times. First time was on LSD

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: Icelander]
    #5647041 - 05/18/06 05:03 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Transparent opening-insidious-folding extas-clarity of there-allwhere-beingperceiving

InvisibleLakefingers

Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5649166 - 05/19/06 05:37 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I enjoy the Matrix comparison. I can see how that could work for you. Or even many people that take psychedelics tell me "After I took mushrooms that time it felt like we came back from the beach with a knowledge no one else had".

But as soon as the Matrix became a metaphor (and no longer the possible metamorphoses of an image) for me I tired of it and it became theory, a bad trip, something to which I returned without great enough insight.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: Lakefingers]
    #5649182 - 05/19/06 05:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well, The Matrix has Buddhist elements according to some, but that is because many people went to the East mentally in order to find the same ideas that the Gnostics had in the West. The Architect is the Demiurge (Architect is a William Blake reference to The Ancient of Days - the Creator). The Oracle has certain references to Wisdom/Sophia. She has the sign in her kitchen "Temet Nosce"- Know Thyself - that which the Greek Oracle at Delphi passed on to Socrates and thence to Plato and the Gnostics. The Sun and Blue sky that Neo gets to see was clearly the creation of the True God, not the machine world of The Architects. Neo is called The One (anagram for Neo) and is clearly the savior sent by the True God, beyond the Demiurgic Architect. Neo means 'new,' as in covenant perhaps. His last name is Anderson - 'Ander' from 'andro' - man, and 'son' or 'son of man' - an epithet for the Savior.

There are many Gnostic symbols in The Matrix to be discovered. The Merovingian - takes his name from the so-called bloodline of Jesus and Mary Magdalene. Some Gnostics saw those two as a 'syzygy' of 'Aeons' from the Godhead [Pleroma], the Supernal Father-Mother. They had a daughter Sarah from whom the Merovingians derive, suposedly. Anyway, there is a lot in the trilogy.

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (05/19/06 02:35 PM)

InvisibleLakefingers

Re: Have you ever had the sensation that you are waking up? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5649398 - 05/19/06 08:35 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

MarkosttheGnostic: do you know where I can find the architect/The Ancient of Days references in William Blake's prosepoetry? I have a book of his collected works, but the index is not extensive enough to find the particular poems... Know thyself, for thy cannot know thyself (I enjoy Bataille's implementation of this in his unsystematic theory of non-knowledge).

"Temet nosce" is Latin though. "γνώθι σεαυτόν" ("gnothi seauton") is what was probably written over the oracle at Delphi (this brings me into a tanget I'm very fond of: the translation of Greek thought into Latin and our inheritance of a Roman worldview that has warped and eroded the Greek). Interesting with the Latin is that we see the verb stem "nosc-", related to "scire", "scientia", "science" and means to see. It's possible that the "no-" on the beginning is related to "gno-", "know", "jna-", "can", "ken" (these are related). in the Greek the connection to gnosis is obvious: gnothi seauton (via "(gi)gno(skein)" = "to know"). Interesting also to note, how the bureaucratic, analytical latin "seeing" and "knowing" came to be associated with analytical science and knowledge (that often excludes gnosis), whereas "gnosis" encompasses knowings such as science. Something was lost in translation.

I made the Andersson connection (I wasn't sure of its factuality though) and the architect I've thought about a lot (especially on LSD for mystical reasons, recently this idea roamed wild in my head and became part of an elaborate delusional conspiracy, which I'd really like to discuss with people that I value and trust the integrity and life experience of). Blue sun...

Thanks for revealing some layers behind the symbolism in the Matrix. I knew it was there, but I haven't bothered exploring as fact by reading up on it.

Have you read Heidegger's "Poetry, Language, Thought"? I recommend the last essay in the book "...Poetically Man Dwells...", pages 213-229. This is not directly related to our discussion, but I'm sure you have the ability to make something interesting of this text (especially in the context of Philosophy, Spirituality and the Matrix [which ever of the many matrixes this may be]). Towards the polygon in this Deleuzian pick-up method.

(A poem by Hölderlin from PLT:)

Vista

When far the dwelling life of man into the distance goes,
Where, in that far distance, the grapevine's season glows,
There too are summer's fields, emptied of their growing,
And forest looms, its image darkly showing.
That Nature paints the seasons so complete,
That she abides, but they glide by so fleet,
Comes of perfection; then heaven's radiant height
Crowns man, as blossoms crown the trees, with light.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#5650519 - 05/19/06 02:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't read that of Heidegger, but it is interesting that Hans Jonas who wrote Gnostic Religion back in the 50s, was a student of Heidegger, and Jonas' understanding of the Gnostic worldview still remains the leading position (Tobias Churton in Gnostic Philosophy compares Jonas to Elaine Pagels, and favors Jonas in a very very good read on Gnosticism [maybe the best I've read]).

Here is Blake's 1794 painting entitled 'Ancient of Days' (God as an Architect) that is housed in the British Museum.

Interesting - your interest in language and etymology.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #5650552 - 05/19/06 02:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I 'woke up' some time last summer. I had actually had my first hardcore job experience getting up early every day to work for the rich boss who sits in his office and benefits from everybody else's work (of course we benefit from the paycheck he gives us). I realized how important it is to do what I want to do instead of doing what others let me do. I've got one life and that's something I can't squander.

I told myself that I wouldn't be working for anybody ever again. I have a year left of college then I'm out to make my own life. I'm not a kid anymore. Its grownup time. Responsibility. Freedom.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." -Steve Jobs

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleLakefingers

#5656777 - 05/21/06 03:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks, I'm going to explore Jonas' book.
Ancient of Days. It is a nice day of ancientness.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
    #5656794 - 05/21/06 03:37 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I belive it is a change of blood sugar and your brain still booting up after wakeing.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds