Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecheesyincident
Cheese Head
 User Gallery

Loc: Ohio
bluethumb's compost experiment (beginners read)
    #564398 - 02/26/02 11:46 PM (22 years, 25 days ago)

I am relatively a beginner when it comes to actually showing my fruits. I have been trying to grow since last august. For all the newbies reading this, I want you to know a few things. I have tried every different type of tek, from casings at first to cakes and back to casings and now compost. I started with the Keeper (bad move) and now use T.H.E and bluethumbs. I have spent hours daily reading teks, posts, replies and documents.
Everyone tells you that all it takes is patience and experience, which cannot be any closer to correct. I have learned the hard way and everyone else has as well. One thing I would like to say is that I found it easier, a lot easier, for a relatively new cultivator, to go straight to compost. It will not only give you exactly what you want to yield, but take a way a lot of frustration. Now, I know what a lot of people are thinking, and that is that everything that I went through is what made me and everyone else here more appreciative and knowlegable about everything that goes inot this hobby and all the wonders it can offer.
However, if you are like me, I always want to go ahead and be able to accomplish the most challenging obstacles before doing all of that other stuff that helps you learn.
Although following the MMGG and the PFtek will get you knowledge and appreciation, I think anyone can move right into casing and using dung/compost. I think we as a community need to start promoting that move and help people out so that they can experience what we can without hassle and dissapointment.
I know that it will take a lot of the beginner's part, but its doable, and I am going to try and start the promotion of newbies getting into casing/compsot right away.
I have had everything go wrong me that possibley could, and learned. But I think that, despite some of you who will say that is how I got here, but I have never had an easier time using compost and having full colonization of a 2 foot by 2 foot casing of compost in 4 days all bright white healthy as hell rhizos.
It has a lot to do with Bluethumb's compost as well. That stuff kicks ass! I have never seen anything colonize like this and look any better. If you have not tried this stuff, you must. Especially for its availability, price, and ease of use. I did not even have to bring it to field capacity, it came in a bag with a filter patch to keep it moist and it was ready to use with no preparation. Its amazing, and especially easy for any beginner who can grow their spawn with no problems.

If anyone is intertested in seeing this stuff, let me know and I will post pics. As we speak, its in day 5 of colonization, not planning on casing it, and its 2 jars of tassies mixed in with 1 1/4 llb of bluethumbs compost at 83 degrees 88 RH.

Any beginner can use this tek and see results that any experienced cultivator on here would have. Check this compost out, wow! Take care all.

I also always wanted to know what kind of music everyone out there is into here at the shroomery. Have a gouda day.

--------------------
Incidents Happen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemike84521
Stranger
Re: bluethumb's compost experiment (beginners read) [Re: cheesyincident]
    #569684 - 03/04/02 02:17 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

hey dude i can appreciate where you are comming from totaly, but it seems that when i really started thinking about cultivation, i was more excited to GROW the mushies to eat them. it seems odd but i want to take pride in a job well done, i want to go the hard way it builds charcter...didnt someone famouse say that...just messin...but i do plan on movin gup the ladder some day......have a good one

PS~ radiohead, at the drive in, rage, pink floyd, the who, talking heads.....ect....som of my FAV's i know it is a wde variety but that is me

PEACE

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #570054 - 03/04/02 10:49 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

I am glad this is working for you.
If you have a digicam please share with the rest of us.
If not please at least update and tell us what happens

Offlineun0r
enthusiast

Loc: North East, USA
    #570095 - 03/04/02 11:31 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

what bulk method did you use? What original substrate and how much compared to how much compost? It's all in the details baby!

--------------------
- Bill Goat

Offlinethem_26
enthusiast
    #570392 - 03/05/02 09:22 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

for "the kindest music" I go to homegrownmusic.net to scratch my itch.;) 

Offlinenw2shroom
shroom deity
Loc: Tu hablas el Spanglish??
    #570499 - 03/05/02 12:02 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

I am using the lil shop o spores sac-o-shit TEK, you guys should try it, it's is simple and the output is excellent,, take a look

http://www.lilshopofspores.com/Lil%20Shop%20Sack%20o%20Shit%20Tek.htm

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #571506 - 03/06/02 11:30 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

You're right. i'm a newbie myself. Still waiting on the PF tek jars to colonize. in the mean time, i have harvested my first cased rye grain w/ 50/50+ case already.
(Hmm.. do the math)

Not so much casing, but substrate is the way to go. there is nothing harder about casing, and i think its much more sterile.

You are right when you say more emphasis needs to be put on this, its easy, sterile, and seems to yield quite good.

Only probelm with my first harvest is overlay, but that could be to any number of reasons, ie: humidifier failed and was replaced 2 days after.. haha

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom