Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: DF DUBS
Super Myco Jars?
    #5639207 - 05/16/06 08:05 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Are Super Myco Jars good? Anyone used them? Just ordered some. Would it be wise to leave the cake in the jar or would I be better off taking it out(i just ask this because sproebank.com mentioned it)? They will either be in a PMP tub or individual containers with perlite. I already have a few cakes that just inoc'ed and decided to try the SM Jar. Any advise is much appreciated. I have been studying my ass of for the last 2 months but there are still a few foggy areas. Thanks.

--------------------
"I'm sofa king we todd did." ~ Rick James

Edited by 2manytrips (05/16/06 08:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Super Myco Jars? [Re: HoleSnype]
    #5639369 - 05/16/06 08:42 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

If you ordered from sporebank, then you haven't studied enough. There have been a ton of complaints here about people not getting their merchandise from them. When they do, it usually isn't worth a damn.

If you get to that stage, fruit them all in a PmP. You won't get your best flushes growing invitro.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: Super Myco Jars? [Re: FooMan]
    #5639408 - 05/16/06 08:50 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Just to cover my ass I ordered some spores from THE. They should be here tomorrow or the next. I bought some pre-sterilized jars from another trusty source to. Those are the ones I just knocked up. Plus I am going to have many experiments going at the same time. Various strains and various containers. I might try 1 casing in its own perlite/plastic container incase it goes bad. I got some B, Mystery, PE, and GT so I should have plenty going on lol. Thanks for the info. man. :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #5641059 - 05/17/06 07:41 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Make your own jars next time. It'll save you $$$$ :grin:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

#5641303 - 05/17/06 09:44 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

As much as I would love to make my own jars I have no time. I work from 8 am to 7:30pm every day but Sunday and don't get home till like 8:30. I will probably continue to buy pre-sterilized shit like that but I am going to make spore prints and shit like that. I will post lots of pics when I get everything fruiting. Its going to kick ass having so many different strains growing at the same time. I have never been so excited in my whole life. I find myself sitting in front of the incubation tub like I am expecting shrooms just to pop it in front of my eyes! lol Thanks.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #5641590 - 05/17/06 11:31 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I can understand that, but making your own jars isn't an all day process or anything, except for letting them cool down. I would definitely stick with the PmP setup, since you will need automation with your schedule.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

#5641753 - 05/17/06 12:26 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah. I will probably have most of my cakes in the pmp. Then I will have a few cakes and a casing in seperate containers with perlite and covered with clear wrap. Of corse I will have a few holes in the sides of the containers covered with tyvek. I can't wait to get everything going. I checked the daily high/low on my digi. hygrometer / thermometer and the temp stayed right at 82 all day so they should be incubating quite nicely. I hope to see something in the next couple of days. One question, I know that casing don't require much humidity so I can't decide if the perlite / tub meathod would be good for my 1st casing. What do you think? Should I just put it in with the pmp? :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by 2manytrips (05/17/06 12:30 PM)

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

#5641766 - 05/17/06 12:29 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Also, if I use the container / perlite meathod with big enough tyvek covered holes I don't have to fan or any of that shit right? The FAE should be good enough right? I know the pmp is good, I have already got it set up. I will post a pick of my setup when I get home. The onlything I am not sure about is how many holes to put in the pmp tub. I am going to wait till my cakes are a few days from birthing and add perlite/water and set everything up and make or cover holes to adjust the humidity? I know I am probably overthinking but thats just the way I am.  :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

#5643326 - 05/17/06 07:29 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I think I just about got everything about ready. I am going to wait a few more days to add perlite & water. I know I will probably need some more holes because the tyvek doesnt let much through. The holes on top are filled with polly fill. The pump is enclosed in tupaware with a hole covered with coffee filters. I didnt want to use tyvek and burn it up. See anything missing? I bought the little jugs for 1 dollar. They are about 11" tall. I hope this shit works.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #5643526 - 05/17/06 08:21 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't use any holes when I did a PmP setup. The airpump will push the air out the seams of the FC.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

#5643903 - 05/17/06 09:50 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I was going to wrap Saran wrap around the edges of the lid and seal it that way. Is this un-necessary? If so and I decide to not Saran wrap it would I have to plug the holes up? They are the size of pens and the one with tyvek on it is about 1" X 3".  It would be no prob. covering the holes.  I like this tub because it is recessed on the sides so the water level can be kept low and the wands will still be well submerged. The tub was only 10 bucks. :thanx:

--------------------

Edited by HoleSnype (05/17/06 09:57 PM)

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

#5644128 - 05/17/06 10:35 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

also has anyone ever looked at the ceramic cylinders at petsmart? The cylinders are all about 3/4" tall and 1/2" wide with hollowed centers. They appear to be very porous. Would they work for wicking? I saw that stuff in the aquarium filtering area.

--------------------

Edited by HoleSnype (05/17/06 10:40 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder