Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIpomoeaViolacea
Loc: US, Ohio
Psilocybe caerulipes (Blue Foot's)
    #5631100 - 05/15/06 01:39 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Is anyone familiar with the different varieties of P. caerulipes mushrooms that grow throughout eastern parts of Ohio and into West Virginia?

From what I understand there is what is called the "Bethany Strain" which was named because of where it was first found.

There are pictures on SporeWorks, and if you look at them, they are obviously very different from other strains. They are of a different color, they are more robust, and they have swirling gills, not to mention they are, in my opinion, three to four times more potent than the other strains and cause less stomach discomfort.

Does anyone know anything about these? I am curious as to how this "rare and elusive" Psilocybe developed into a very potent psychedelic, having a potency level significantly higher than the others, and really how it came about in the first place.

My little hypothesis is that this species flourished so well in this small area that they sort of evolved and strengthened.

Does anyone have any insights?

Thanks

--------------------
Sailing on the wind
in a milk white gown
Dropping circle stones on a sun dial
Playing hide and seek
with the ghosts of dawn
Waiting for a smile from a sun child.

"Moonchild" by King Crimson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Psilocybe caerulipes (Blue Foot's) [Re: IpomoeaViolacea]
    #5631514 - 05/15/06 07:08 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry but it was reported from Ohio in the early 1920s.

In Albany, New York in 1923 by Peck, In Cleveland Ohio in 1923 by Walters, and in Tennessee by Miller in 1938. And in the east Coast of America by Singer and Smith in 1958. And again later by Smith in both Tenn and Mich. There are dozens of similar deposits of this species in Herbariums all along the East coast and in the aforemention states.

There is no mention of a Bethany strain or and the only subspecies is found in Mexico and that is Psilocybe syucaerulipes.

Also, many outdoor species when cultivated in doors will have different physiological attributes to its shapes, color and sizes.

A good example are the indoor grown wavy capped cubensis.

or the curled capped P. mexicana species, or the foot long Copelandia cyanescens mushrooms which hardly resemble their natural looking species.

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe caerulipes (Blue Foot's) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5633758 - 05/15/06 04:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

or the foot long Copelandia cyanescens mushrooms which hardly resemble their natural looking species.

I would like to see that.

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Psilocybe caerulipes (Blue Foot's) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #5635600 - 05/15/06 11:15 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:shocked:

:grin:

I wish they were mine....alllllll mine!  But they are not...
  :stoned:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Psilocybe caerulipes (Blue Foot's) [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #5636779 - 05/16/06 09:16 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks MadSeasonAbove. I was going to post a similar image but you saved me the time of looking for one in my files.

mj

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Psilocybe caerulipes (Blue Foot's) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5637019 - 05/16/06 11:08 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

No problem MJ

:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate