Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCannibitastic
Stranger
Loc: central new york
first crop you ever grew...satisfaction?
    #562453 - 02/25/02 10:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm curious how many of you found success and satisfction on your first grow. I would also be benneficial to me to know what curcumstances you grew under, i.e. in partnership, in parents home, with help of experienced grower...ect.
~peace~

--------------------
[red]"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "[/red]
- Albert Einstein

[blue]"There is no way to peace; peace is the way." [/blue]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepj541
Loc: fuck off
Re: first crop you ever grew...satisfaction? [Re: Cannibitastic]
    #562846 - 02/25/02 05:10 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i had two falures the first try was cakes the second was casings

both were done under less than ideal conditions and all i got out of it was 1 half inch mushroom.

next try i..... well my friend decided to do it up right and buy the book The Mushroon Cultivator, and went from agar to grain to wormpoo/straw and had great results.

in my oppinion if you can do it up right. my .02$ PJ

--------------------
?Well, this is how the world works. All energies flow according to the whims of the great magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.?

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: first crop you ever grew...satisfaction? [Re: pj541]
    #562861 - 02/25/02 05:31 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

if you follow the pf tek or mmgg you will have success, if your a newbie DONT deviate from the tek, you'll have success, its when you do it half assed you dont, if you do 12 jars and follow the tek to a T and are very sterile, you will be successful.

InvisibleNGC4414
unknowable

#562925 - 02/25/02 06:36 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My first attempt at growing was a success, although I had hoped for a larger yeild. It was grown in my room in my parents house. However I did not have to sacrifice anything to keep it hidden since my parents were okay with it. If I hadn't been able to have tis freedom I doubt I would have fared as well as I did. Like everyone else said, follow the teks to the letter and keep things sterile. Don't try any experimentation on your first attempt. Good Luck.

OfflinePogo
Loc: Both
Re: first crop you ever grew...satisfaction? [Re: NGC4414]
    #562962 - 02/25/02 07:13 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My first try was emberassing... I didn't ready any of the teks. My friend just gave me real streamlined instructions (he was a newbie too). I think I put vermiculite on the bottom half of the jar and birdseed on the top half, filled it to the top with water and microwaved for awhile... shot spores in and was dissapointed with the results. Once I found out about all these teks and help forums it came pretty easy.

OfflineCannibitastic
Stranger
Loc: central new york
Re: first crop you ever grew...satisfaction? [Re: NGC4414]
    #562975 - 02/25/02 07:29 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

NGC, please elaborate, as I am soon to begin crop in my room, but, w/o the support of my parents......I may tell my dad though. Anyways, what exactly do you mean, how did that effect it?

--------------------
[red]"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "[/red]
- Albert Einstein

[blue]"There is no way to peace; peace is the way." [/blue]

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
    #563088 - 02/25/02 09:41 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Once apon a time, Mario wanted to grow magic mushrooms in the magic mushroom kingdom. King Koopa offered some advice to the fat little Italian plumper: GET A PRESSURE COOKER OR I WILL KIDNAP PRINCESS PEACH AND TAP DAT ASS!!!!. Now follow the PF Tek to a tee using the 1/8 cup brown rice recipe. DO NOT USE THE 1/4 CUP RECIPE UNLESS YOU PLAN TO CASE.

The end.

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

Edited by Nighted (02/25/02 09:43 PM)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: first crop you ever grew...satisfaction? [Re: Nighted]
    #563090 - 02/25/02 09:49 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

lmfaoooooo @ nighted

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #563095 - 02/25/02 09:57 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My very first attempt ended up with about 8 mushrooms of decent size (about 3-3.5 inches tall quarter sized caps, not bad for a first attempt), all covered in green mold.  I was using the poor mans terr. and I didn't fan as often as I should've leaving me me saddened by the end.

My second attempt I did a lot of variation, not a good idea being as inexperienced as I was, but I came out with a little over 3/4 of an ounce.  I was pretty happy, but all the mushrooms just disappeared.  I dunno where they went :wink:

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #563100 - 02/25/02 10:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck