Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSplit
enthusiast

British Columbia Fruiting Season
    #561741 - 02/24/02 05:13 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Whenabouts should I start my outings do you guys think?

--------------------
[green]"You'll accomplish more if you start now"[/green]
[red]-Egghead[/red]
[green]TeRzMaStA[/green] is the man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: British Columbia Fruiting Season [Re: Split]
    #565109 - 02/27/02 07:41 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

What part of the province are you in? If you are in SW BC, spring shrooms will start first here butr it is still too early, it's still freezing every night!
Also, the majority of BC 'magic' shrooms are in the fall. We don't have cubensis and ther isn't much in the spring.

You're best off to grow yer own!

Invisibleshroomsbury
WHO AHHH YOU???
Male
Loc: look behing you...
Re: British Columbia Fruiting Season [Re: ]
    #565576 - 02/28/02 08:01 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

What about those Pan Subbs all those Washington people are raving about?
Do we have them here in BC? Vancouver Island? (where I am)
Or will we just have to be patient until fall comes...

--------------------
"Listen to me son, when I was your age, you were my age."

OfflineSplit
enthusiast

Re: British Columbia Fruiting Season [Re: ]
    #566295 - 02/28/02 08:57 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm in the lower mainland, and yeah, I keep forgetting that it freezes still at night ( or comes close enough ) what species should I be looking for and when do they start though, for future reference. I think cyans are fall only right?

--------------------
[red]-Egghead[/red]

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #566692 - 03/01/02 09:09 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Psilocybe stuntzii and a look-a-like species Psilocybe fimetaria.

notw this i the third time I am trying to post this mesage. What us wrong with this board. Wont let me post any images. freezes each time and this is a brand new computer IO am using.

Look in lawns. Preferably new lawns less than two to three yeas old.

In and around office buildings, hopsitals, restaurants such as McDonalds and Burger King, nursing homes, parks, along sidewalks around office, condo and apartment buildings.

Blue Ringers (P. stuntzii's) grow in lawns from About February thogh December and in woodchips and bark mulch from October through December.

Sprinkler systems and well manured (fertilized) lawns can produce up to fifty pounds of shrooms.

I will post the images in the next reply. Something is not allowing me to post my images here.

Mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: British Columbia Fruiting Season [Re: mjshroomer]
    #566754 - 03/01/02 10:35 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well lets see if the images will post at this time.

And look at the size of this baby P. stuntzii next to a lens cap and then with a dime onthe top of the big one. Those last two images were taken at South Center Shopping Mall in Tukwilla, Washington.

Mjshroomer

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #566848 - 03/01/02 11:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Split
Yeah, cyans are fall mushrooms here in the PNW.
I also have to add that not many of us, certainly not I, have found Ps. Stuntzii in the multitude that MJ pictures; and especially not in February to August! Hehe :smile: MJ, however, finds mushrooms all the time and doesn't even have to look for them. They just appear before his eyes! Like magic!
Most of us still add the Blue Ringers, Liberty Caps, Ps. baeocystis and Panaeolus subbablteatus to the list of Spring Season mushrooms in the PNW.
I find it very hard to collect any Psilocybian mushroom in the Spring, except for the mushrooms that grow in a certain field in Whatcom County, WA, which I am 4+ hours away from and don't have the time to frequent. :frown:
Aside from Psilocybians, you might want to consider hunting for Amanita Pantherina. I don't have a relationship with this mushroom, just suggesting it because of its beauty! Really, though, you should thoroughly read all you can find about A. Pantherina a.k.a. plain old Panther.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: British Columbia Fruiting Season [Re: Levi7]
    #566882 - 03/01/02 12:18 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well thye tupid avatar iamge of me will not open up in the space next to my name.

What is the problem.

The image is labeled as 2girls2.jpg but it doesn't seem to want to post.

Any help from within the shroomery would be greeatly appreciated.

mj.

OfflineSplit
enthusiast

#567379 - 03/01/02 11:03 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the feedback mj! I guess I will start my travels in the next couple weeks.

--------------------
[red]-Egghead[/red]

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
    #567705 - 03/02/02 12:05 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Levi what is this field you speak of in whatcom?

--------------------
stay off my land

Offlinebytal
Stranger
Loc: Canada, eh?
    #570674 - 03/05/02 04:07 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

yeah,hey is there much of a shroom harvest in the spring the the vancouver/lower mainland area. or is it mostly confined to the autumn?

Offlinebytal
Stranger
Loc: Canada, eh?
Re: British Columbia Fruiting Season [Re: bytal]
    #570681 - 03/05/02 04:18 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

Also, LEVI7 mentioned Panthers. Do Panthers and Fly Alargics grow during the spring. I saw a couple last fall on my way to college but that was before i got into mushrooms and stuff. And now I dont want to wait all the way until fall. Also has anyone here consumed panthers becuase a friend of mine says that he has friends who do it.

OfflineTypingwords
Veteran Seasonal PNW Hunter
I'm a teapot

Loc: seattle-ish area, WA
    #571191 - 03/06/02 02:28 AM (22 years, 29 days ago)

hey mj, thanks for the mini blue ringers hunting guide up there. I will print it out and keep it in my pocket to remind myself of my duties. I was just going to make a thread asking you and any others around seattle when the blue ringers season starts for the spring, but then I saw this post.

I remember last year in january one morning i went to my spot expecting to find nothing, but i ended up picking a few handfuls of frozen solid blue ringers! Have you ever had similar experiences with these things fruiting all through the winter, even when it freezes at night? I don't know, maybe the frost had just started and they died out in a few days...

Well I was wondering if you or anyone else has found any blue ringers yet. I haven't gone looking myself, but i'm fixing my homersexual car tomorrow. Oh yeah, and I was already about to go to southcenter anyways, do you suggest I take an innocent stroll around the outside? O r has that spot already been played out years ago?

Hey how is your housing situation now? where you at bro? I guess haven't looked on this board in a little while...shit I need to get my priorities straightened out! Well I 'm sure you're doing fine, just remember to let the shrooms guide the way....

--------------------
everything everyone everywhere.
forever and ever

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate