Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTankGurl
Stranger
I think I'm Ready!
    #561559 - 02/24/02 12:39 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, I have read all the teks that I could find online, and I even ordered a cultivators book, but it hasnt got here yet. From what I have been reading up on, it seem's that the PF tek seems to be the easiest method for a new culitvator. I have gotton all my supplies but I havent got any syringes or prints yet. My concern has been who to get from. Well anyways, I know I should do cakes first and then go to a more advanced tek later, but, I like how the casings produce what seems to be more shrooms for the effort put fourth. Would you guys advise that I do cakes for the first time and then after that go to casings? or can I do half and half? And if I decide that I don't like doing cakes, can I take those cakes and case them? Even after a 1st flush? And lastly, who should I purchase from? (or does anyone want to send a lady a free print lol) Thanks guys!

~Brandi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I'm Ready! [Re: TankGurl]
    #561562 - 02/24/02 12:48 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, but do atleast one casing. Yes, you can case after a first flush but it isn't really worth it. The mycellium will have switched from colonization to fruiting and you might not get your casing to flush. Purchase from any of the vendors here. Visit the vendors forum.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinefungichick
Your mom
    #561576 - 02/24/02 01:16 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

PF Tek is definitely one of the easiest methods to use for a newbie. As for whether or not to do a casing as it's your first time...it's up to you. I wouldn't suggest putting all of your eggs in one basket (direct translation all of your cakes in one casing). If any one of your cakes were contaminated the entire casing could get infected. I've only recently begun casing my cakes. I usually do half and half just for the heck of it. Half of the cakes are cased and the other half of the cakes I just plop into a terrarium. I've cased cakes after their first flush and they seemed to produce pretty good over all.

Vendors. There's quite a bit out there which one to choose? When I first started growing mushrooms I ordered my spores from PF. Mainly because I lived in Seattle and I got my prints VERY quickly as PF was also in Seattle. I also felt the need to support PF as if it wasn't for the PF Tek I happened upon surfing the web one day I probably wouldn't be growing mushrooms. The main issue with PF is there isn't as many available strains to choose from. Use the search feature on here for the vendors you're interested in and see what other people on here have to say. You'll find quite a bit on customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction, average turn around time for orders and what people think about the quality of the spores they've received. I'd say overall the main vendors on here all are pretty good. You'll find that if one is offering some sort of special or discount, the other vendors are soon to follow and you can get some pretty good deals.

Good luck.

Offlinethenetherworld
journeyman
Re: I think I'm Ready! [Re: fungichick]
    #561615 - 02/24/02 02:18 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

FSR or Lilshopofspores, lil shop does a super job, I know , they have proven themselves to me. Good luck, try and learn.

InvisiblePapa_Smurf

Re: I think I'm Ready! [Re: thenetherworld]
    #561630 - 02/24/02 02:33 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I would just stick to cakes at first. Casings add another aspect of complexity. Should probably get a feel for how they grow with the cakes first.

STAY AWAY FROM THE SPORECHICKS. That's my only advice for vendors. They havent gotten my order to me (its been 4 months). I think they just took my money and ran - shady bitches.

--------------------
"Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything"

OfflineTankGurl
Stranger
Re: I think I'm Ready! [Re: Papa_Smurf]
    #562085 - 02/25/02 12:31 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the advice guys!

~Brandi

OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
    #562096 - 02/25/02 12:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

High,

A am a newbie and working with casings. I don't encounter any problems, it is just working fine. I can see the mycelium growing through the casings.

I thought is was quite easy to perform.

MeneerCactus
www.meneercactus.nl

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

OfflineTankGurl
Stranger
Re: I think I'm Ready! [Re: MeneerCactus]
    #562101 - 02/25/02 01:05 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

What kind of substrate did you use for your casings? And what is a good strain that fruits easily with little contamination?

~Brandi

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures