Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGaHippy
Soil casing qustion
    #560591 - 02/23/02 11:37 AM (22 years, 29 days ago)

Whats up you guys last night i got bored .. and i prepared a casing 11 cups soil that has petmoss in it , 8 cups of vermiculite and 9 cups of water and i had pu it in the microwave for 15 min and TODAY i am going to put in all in a bakeing pan ... now how far shoul i put the needle in the soil ? Or sould i at all ? Or is it a bad Idea i can throw it a way if i have to just need some input...its not even a tek just being bored .... 8-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Soil casing qustion [Re: GaHippy]
    #560601 - 02/23/02 11:48 AM (22 years, 29 days ago)

Sounds like you dont have any nutrients in your substrate. In order for spores to hatch and grow to mycelia you need nutrients for them to eat. Like Brown Rice, Birdseed, manure,etc. You basically have only made a casing layer, which is used to retain moisture and keep out germs because it contains no nutrients. :smile:bluhoney 

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

OfflineGaHippy
    #560637 - 02/23/02 12:36 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

That is just what i thought ... I am going to try to mix Rye that i got from a helth store in with it about 10 cups or so... Thankx for the in put

OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
    #560646 - 02/23/02 12:48 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

Dose Soil work good for casings?

--------------------

OfflineGaHippy
    #560652 - 02/23/02 12:56 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

ok you guys here it is ....
11 cups of soil
9 cups of water
8 cups vermiculite
2 1/2 pounds of brown rice
2 cups of rye and brown rice powder that i blend up in the coffie grinder.
mix it all up i am going to add more water i think about 4 more cups ..

Heres the problem do i stick the soil or do i drip it on to the soil ....??? when i get redy to do the last step ..?

OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
    #560664 - 02/23/02 01:11 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

Why don't you just make some cakes and do "crumble and case" is just -crumbling the substrate into smaller, more manageable pieces, and casingthe pieces by laying a casing layer over the crumbled substrate.

--------------------

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
    #560678 - 02/23/02 01:34 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

You are just going to get a giant brick of infection. You have to allow a substrate (sterilized rye) to colonize fully, then case that with the first recipe you posted. You can't mi your substrate and casing mix together at the same time or you are just going to get infection. One then the other.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #560742 - 02/23/02 02:57 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

gahippie

what the hell man; what the hell.

i dont care how you do it but you need to put teh spores on the brown rice/vermiculite mixture. you need just a little more than 2 times more vermiculite than brown rice flour; and the EXACT same amount of water and rice flour. but you need to sterilize this before you put the spores on it or mold will grow faster than the mushrooms will and your project will be lost.
once that grows you can put a soil/vermiculite/water mixture on top of it but do not mix it in with it; the soil stays on the top and the mycellium (white stuff) grows through it; not on it.
i am trying to help you please read some of the grow teks or you will waste constant money and time and resources until you get it right. until you see a LOT of white mycellium EVERYTHING needs to be very sterile.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate