Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

Loc: uk
What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life?
    #5604065 - 05/08/06 05:40 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I really fucking don't know.
Become an electronics engineer?, ecologist?,musician?
see ,how the hell can i even pick between those three nevermind all the other choices there is.

Has anyone else been in this situation before?I just wonder how the hell other people can pick what they want to do for the rest of their lifes.
It's hard to choose because there is more than one thing i want to do.

--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life? [Re: DistortedEyes]
    #5604070 - 05/08/06 05:47 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

pick one of the things you like best: the thing that you can see yourself doing for a long time and that is managable to do. Do some other things you like on the side (as a hobby, not for work) :thumbup:

you can't do everything :shrug:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life? [Re: DistortedEyes]
    #5604083 - 05/08/06 06:06 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

stop smoking pot. It doesnt matter what you do! Its getting off your ass thats the hard part.

OfflineOctavius
Stranger
Re: What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5604145 - 05/08/06 07:32 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

You are going through a phase, when I was like this everything seems to be going very fast at times and it's hard to focus.

OfflinePurpleKush
Rational Lunatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Above The Law
Re: What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life? [Re: Octavius]
    #5604153 - 05/08/06 07:40 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i dont know. i know i dont want to be in the military, i dont want to have to do any cold calling sales, i definately dont want to answer phones, and i dont want to be in school forever.

but thats about it, i think i might go for a psychology degree and see where i can get with that. it might help me manipulate people to get what i want if nothing else.

so im in the same boat as you. try to figure out what you dont want to do so you dont get stuck in something you hate

--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

OfflineHeadTripVertigo
at least I'm housebroken
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5604195 - 05/08/06 08:14 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

scottunderflesh said:
see ,how the hell can i even pick between those three nevermind all the other choices there is.

Has anyone else been in this situation before?I just wonder how the hell other people can pick what they want to do for the rest of their lifes.

I'm kind of in the same boat now. the best advice I can say if you really don't know what you want to do is get a good paying job that gives you the freedom to try things out and figure it out. depending on the job, you may or may not be making enough money to allow yourself this freedom, which is big problem in society today(though I won't get started on that.), but you'll still have some freedom, which will allow you to check out other things. if you just go and try and check things out and see what you want to do, you probably won't be able to, as all those trials and "experience" etc, will inevitably cost money.

--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Offlinetwigz
stick boy
 User Gallery

Loc: From up in a tree
Re: What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life? [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #5604291 - 05/08/06 09:10 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

dude I'm in the same boat I'm 18 no idea what I what to do with my self. :argh: right now I'm a laborer but I know I don't want to do this the rest of my life to hard on the body. I dont know man but I hope you find urself a good paying job.

--------------------
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life? [Re: twigz]
    #5604301 - 05/08/06 09:16 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I'm also 18 and in the same boat. I'm currently studying a bachelor of arts and I think I wanna be a psychologist but I'm not positive.

Scottunderflesh, THIS IS WHAT YOU DO: You become an electronics engineers if you don't like it you become and ecologist and if you don't like that you become a musician. If you don't want to be a musician then by then you will have thought of other jobs to try. You don't have to get it right first go man, life is about trying different things. It's very unlikely that you'll will stick with 1 thing your whole life so just try different things. I'm sure we will all figure out what we want to do (or don't want to do).

Shrooma :mushroom2:

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan
    #5604323 - 05/08/06 09:27 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Finish all your general ed classes while taking some classes that sound fun. If a subject interests you, take more classes on it.

:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#5604395 - 05/08/06 10:00 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I'm graduating on Friday and I'm in the same boat. I'll have a bachelor of arts (creative writing) and a minor in art history. I'd been kicking the idea of going to law school around, just because the idea of having some direction was comforting. Now, faced with the enormity of a decision like that, I realize that I never really was going to go to law school. I'm just not the type.

So wtf do I do now? I'm thinking of pursuing a Masters of Fine Arts in creative fiction. Maybe I'll manage to put together some kind of a career in the publishing world. Maybe I'll be a writer? Maybe I'll be broke?

But yea, I feel you. Just gotta let fate take us where it will. Our part of the bargain, it seems, is to not be lazy.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life? [Re: Noviseer]
    #5604469 - 05/08/06 10:28 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I'm graduating in 2 more ezcake semesters.. English with a minor in creative writing.

I'm going to Maine or Vermont to pursue my Enviromental Biology dream. I took time off from the university and now I'm seeing my English buddies graduating with nothing to do with their degree except to wipe their tears away.

OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

Re: What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5604474 - 05/08/06 10:29 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Corporal Kielbasa said:
stop smoking pot. It doesn't matter what you do! Its getting off your ass thats the hard part.

What the hell is wrong with you, you just assume that i smoke pot? I hardly ever smoke it.

Yeah, I'll figure something out anyway, thanks.
Good luck to anyone else in the same kind of situation as me.

--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#5604532 - 05/08/06 10:54 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I think people should work for a few years before they enter into college, rather than go from a sheltered home/high school life living with mom and dad into college. if you work first, you'll know what you want to do (usually) and have a practical mindset (thusing avoid liberal arts majors - which, by the way, are generally useless).

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5605013 - 05/08/06 01:22 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

scottunderflesh said:

see ,how the hell can i even pick between those three nevermind all the other choices there is.  Has anyone else been in this situation before?  I just wonder how the hell other people can pick what they want to do for the rest of their lifes.

I have the exact opposite problem.  There is absolutely nothing that I want to do.  I am in school right now training to be an electrician and I loathe it.  The only solace I have is that it is easy.

They way I figure it there are only two possible fates for me:

1.  Buy up a bunch of property and be a slum landlord.
2.  Drink myself to death "Leaving Las Vegas" style. 

Fuck it.  :shrug:

OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

#5605016 - 05/08/06 01:23 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Fuckit, i'll just keep doing my electronics stuff, some if it is cool and some of it is boring but it pays well and i'm good at it.
I can do all my music stuff as a hobby(i think i'd rather keep it that way).

--------------------

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

#5605026 - 05/08/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with you. im at the same point. I could join the military, but then again they wont let me with out a ged. Theres so many shit you could do its not even funny....or is it...

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
    #5605043 - 05/08/06 01:31 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

picking something is hard... first i did business(since everything is business), but realized i didnt wanna sit in a cubicle (or office for that matter) all day, then went to Hotel/Restraunt Mangement, and then realized you dont get that good of money unless you get really big (which is rare), and now im in Construction Management, it pays good (starting at atleast 50k) and you get to smoke weed and be outside, and boss around all the illegal mexicans!!! haha.. then i hope to go to graduate school of architecture and be able to draw a house and then build it....

Offlinequillini
one meanmotorscooter
Male

#5605095 - 05/08/06 01:56 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

You like music, you like electronics...be a sound engineer. You can work in a studio or on the road, and if you're good you make very decent $$. But you're going to have to smoke more pot to be competitive.

Good Luck.

--------------------
No; truth, being alive, was not halfway between anything. It was only to be found by continuous excursions into either realm, and though proportion is the final secret, to espouse it at the outset is to insure sterility.

Only connect...

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life? [Re: Vvellum]
    #5605102 - 05/08/06 01:57 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i've worked for some years, and am now going back to school to finish getting a liberal arts degree. then planning to return to my current field of work (IT) but with the intent of having a greater focus in the non-profit/ngo/development sectors

--------------------

Offlineswiftrance
Let there be light

Re: What to do when you have no idea what you want to do in life? [Re: Krishna]
    #5605262 - 05/08/06 02:52 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

some great posts here!

really man, dont make a decision if you dont feel youre ready too.. just enjoy your life and have fun until it hits you. and hit you it will..
stay afloat with a job or school. no point in living someone elses dream ;p

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds