Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius)
    #5600813 - 05/07/06 11:39 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Does anybody have any experience with this plant ?

We have alot of it growing around my area and i was thinking about picking some flowers and putting them through the whole curing process.

Heres afew links about it:

http://www.drugtext.org/library/books/recreationaldrugs/broom.htm

http://home.teleport.com/~howieb/smoking/smoke4.html

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=4111

I know it dosen't sound that special, but theres so much of it about it might be worth a try.

Has anybody tried it before ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius) [Re: Mike_yy]
    #5600894 - 05/07/06 12:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Always gave me a headache with a bit of color brightening and euphoria, I only had it in a mixture though. I would try it alone again if it was around.

--------------------
]

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius) [Re: Wysefool]
    #5601031 - 05/07/06 01:23 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'm currently have three young plants that are doing ok. I plan on trying it when they bloom.

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius) [Re: beyondsisxth]
    #5602332 - 05/07/06 07:45 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

whats it look like?

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius) [Re: inoculatedGreif]
    #5602493 - 05/07/06 08:28 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Like this:

It grows wild everywhere in England, i may as well try some  :smile:

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

#5602883 - 05/07/06 09:54 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Heres a picture of one about 4-5 months along.

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5604160 - 05/08/06 07:43 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

why grow it? its a problem around where i live. I have pounds of flowers ide be willing to trade out when I get home. Ill be returning next sunday, PM me if you would like to trade apon my return.

A fatty cig of these flowers causes a tingling sensation on the outside of your skin. You feel like your being lifted up through the ceiling. And your face has the feeling of beng really stoned. Theres definately color enhancement. Even some very mild hallucinations after 2 or 3 ciggarettes. All my flowers are cured well, and smoke easy. You need to smoke ALOT to get hallucinogenic effects. The effects come from an alkaloid called Cystine, which I believe is toxic when ingested. Theres also some carcinogens which are active only by ingestion. I wouldn't suggest this for regular use. But every once in a full moon I look a cig or two in a night to get me in touch with distant realms.

It's NOT a hallucinogen like psilocybin though. it's very mild.

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius) [Re: CptnGarden]
    #5604274 - 05/08/06 08:56 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like a nice thing to have curing away.

I think this stuff must grows pretty much anywhere, its not something you hear about that often either.

But yeah from the sounds of it, its definately NOT something you would want to eat.

I wonder if its addictive with cystine being closely related to nicotine.

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

#5604658 - 05/08/06 11:40 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
why grow it?

For fun, like everything else around here. I just like plants.

:cheers:

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5606953 - 05/08/06 10:48 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

it spreads like wildfire, and the seeds can last up to 30 years once in the soil. when dried its one of the worst plant fire hazards known to man. in a few years you could have a field of them by accident. it grows near beneficial plants and chokes them of their water and nutrients.

not the kind of plant u wanna go sprinkling seeds around of.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #5607518 - 05/09/06 03:25 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Look at the scientific name, and the chemicals...i opted not to try it.

Keep thsi plant on a leash...it can spread worse than morning glory!

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisiblearago
Mr. Wind Up Bird
Male

Re: Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius) [Re: kadakuda]
    #5608277 - 05/09/06 11:08 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Doesn't get rave reviews from those who did on Erowid. Harsh smoke and little effect. It's an invasive species here, taking over pasture land.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius) [Re: arago]
    #5609711 - 05/09/06 06:06 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

arago said:
Doesn't get rave reviews from those who did on Erowid. Harsh smoke and little effect. It's an invasive species here, taking over pasture land.

all the better reason for you all to smoke that shit up and kill it!!!

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinefatalerror
ass asscott
Female User Gallery

Re: Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius) [Re: Psychoslut]
    #5613501 - 05/10/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

beyondsisxth, That is not scotch broom. The very fact it has leaves to speak of tell me that aint what grows wild ALL over my town. I will pick, dry, and send you as much as you want. ANYONE. Pm me in the next day or two and I will manage to get you tons, but that AIN'T scotch broom!

--------------------
eat poop

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius) [Re: fatalerror]
    #5613747 - 05/10/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

yes it is, just a retarded MH or HPS grown one. lmfao. same stem structure and leaf design.

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#5613963 - 05/10/06 06:06 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

LOL !!

I think he's talking about gorse.

Ours is called Ulex europaeus. looks similar, don't know if you can smoke it the same :shrug:,

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5614705 - 05/10/06 08:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

broom grows differently in different areas. the broom near where i grew up is much smaller in width of the bush, it grows tall and thick stemmed with small leafs (santa cruz california, bay area). but when i moved 250 miles north of there, it had thicker leafs, bigger flowers, and looked more viney on the stem. still the same broom but possibly different species (potency varies from specie to specie), still the same effects either way. ive tried broom that looks the same as in your picture and gotten same effects with no notice in potency change.

Offlinefatalerror
ass asscott
Female User Gallery

#5614881 - 05/10/06 09:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I have a horticultural book at my work stating something to the effect of the species is characterised by its near lack of leaf, basically.
I guess the fact that it is indoors could change it, but I've seen THOUSANDS of broom plants every year of my life, and every year have seen them sprouting up as new plants, and NEVER have I seen one with one main stem like that, they always come up as 8-9 little broom-bits per main stem.
I Guess I believe it now, but WHAT THE HELL?!? your plant ain't proper!

A side note, Shroomieofdoomie: Kind of different leaf structure. I have only seen Cytisus scoparius with a virtually non existant petiole. Are you sure it's not brooms leafier cousin, spanish broom (also active)?

--------------------
eat poop

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#5616341 - 05/11/06 06:29 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
ive tried broom that looks the same as in your picture and gotten same effects with no notice in potency change.

Did you mean the pics in my last post ?.
Thats not Broom, thats gorse.
Most gorse's dont have leaves but spikes instead.
There must be some closeness between them though, the flowers are almost identical and the seeds come from pods aswell.

Are you sure you tried smoking gorse, cos theres shit loads of that around here too  :smile:.

Your plants definately Broom of some sorts,

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking Broom (Cytisus scoparius) [Re: fatalerror]
    #5616346 - 05/11/06 06:43 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fatalerror said:
The very fact it has leaves to speak of tell me that aint what grows wild ALL over my town.

Thats why i thought you meant Gorse.

Edit-  Spanish broom is leafless, just checked now  :confused:

Well, more or less !

Maybe thats what you have around your area.

Edited by Mike_yy (05/11/06 07:34 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies