Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Mushroom hunter bags a pot nursery
    #5590098 - 05/04/06 01:26 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/14485044.htm

Mushroom hunter bags a pot nursery
By ROBERT A. CRONKLETON
The Kansas City Star

The morel of this story, of course, is: Never cultivate marijuana where mushroom hunters do their thing.

Leavenworth County sheriff’s detectives seized more than 2,000 young marijuana plants Monday after receiving a tip from someone who had been searching for mushrooms in a remote area of the southern part of the county.

“This was a walk-in situation where we got a tip, we checked it out and sure enough, it was there,” said Leonard L. Ayres, executive director for the sheriff’s department.

Once mature, the plants would have brought in excess of $1 million in street value, Ayres estimated.

No one was at the campground when detectives arrived, Ayres said. By Tuesday evening, no suspects had been identified and no one had been arrested.

Authorities collected the plants and destroyed all but a few that will be kept as evidence.

The campground was relatively new and small, with only one small tent. However, there was evidence that three to four persons had lived at the site and tended the plants. The campground was well stocked with groceries, tools and personal items, he said.

“It was very rustic and remote,” Ayres said.

Ayres said he did not know of any larger growing operation ever found in Leavenworth County.

Because the camp was new, the plants were very young, he said. They were still in pots and all clustered together.

Asked to describe what the operation looked like, Ayres said: “Have you ever been around when someone was raising tomato plants?”

There was no sign that the campground was protected by traps or alarms, Ayres said. But he noted that the camp was inaccessible by car.

Ayres expressed his appreciation to the mushroom hunter, saying there was little other chance of learning about the campground and the operation because of its remoteness.

“You had to know it was there,” Ayres said. “Or stumble into it.”

He declined to give a precise location.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom hunter bags a pot nursery [Re: motaman]
    #5590576 - 05/04/06 04:00 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

thats kind of fucked up in my opinion.. i mean.. if i was out hunting mushrooms (althou i hunt actives) and i came upon a marijuana grow, i wouldnt ruin someone elses "hobby".. like what would motivate u to turn someone in? jealousy? i might have taken a couple plants and been quite satisfied

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: Mushroom hunter bags a pot nursery [Re: motaman]
    #5590643 - 05/04/06 04:29 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, I've seen some strange and unexpected things while mushroom hunting, but I've never stumbled upon anything like that!

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom hunter bags a pot nursery [Re: eris]
    #5590650 - 05/04/06 04:31 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

if u did would u report it? id hope not.. i mean.. i think thats such a prick move

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5590651 - 05/04/06 04:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

THOSE DAMN MUSHROOM HUNTERS! MUSHROOMS ARE PEOPLE TOO!

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: Mushroom hunter bags a pot nursery [Re: Banez]
    #5590687 - 05/04/06 04:46 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

if u did would u report it? id hope not.. i mean.. i think thats such a prick move

I wouldn't..

Quote:

Picking them actually helps them in most cases. The fruit body is short lived, and by picking it, the spores are being distributed to a larger area usually. Distribution of spores is the main purpose of the fruit body.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
Re: Mushroom hunter bags a pot nursery [Re: Banez]
    #5590716 - 05/04/06 04:56 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

if you took even one plant, you'd be an asshole for that. that's not cool man. stealing someone elses plants is shady as hell. plant your own fuckin seeds. :mad:

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5590742 - 05/04/06 05:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

eris said:
Quote:

I wouldn't..

Quote:

Picking them actually helps them in most cases. The fruit body is short lived, and by picking it, the spores are being distributed to a larger area usually. Distribution of spores is the main purpose of the fruit body.

Yeah yeah... Its just the word "hunter" thats off... your not actually killing it when you pick it, because the mushroom IS the mycelium...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Mushroom hunter bags a pot nursery [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5592429 - 05/05/06 12:44 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

the mushroom hunter might also be lucky no one was home when he stumbled across the camp. Some of those motherfuckers carry loaded guns, i bet they wouldnt think twice about killing someone either. Especially if it was in a remote location.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale