Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelime
Stranger
Question about FAQ's terrarium set-up.
    #5580347 - 05/02/06 04:31 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I was reading through this FAQ and was thinking I would use it until I read the terrarium set-up. In the FAQ it apparently only calls for damp perlite as the source for humidity, which made me wonder if perlite was that efficient, why would people use such things as drip shields and ultra sonic humidifiers?

I guess my main question is this:

Could I only use a damp layer of perlite on the bottom of my terrarium, and still have a successful grow? If not, would adding a drip shield be helpful?

To me, it seems like the perlite alone would not be sufficient, but I am a complete newbie to this and have no experience...so this is why I am asking you guys.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about FAQ's terrarium set-up. [Re: lime]
    #5580359 - 05/02/06 04:40 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

stick to this guide: http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek

as for the humification, if you do it as in the link provided, some perlite or even wet
hankies will provide you with enuf humidity.

asking for drip shields and ultrasonics, i never found drip shields to be necessary and electronic
humidifiers really just pay of for large scale setups - nothing you will need :smile:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Offlinelime
Stranger
Re: Question about FAQ's terrarium set-up. [Re: ohmatic]
    #5580416 - 05/02/06 05:32 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the answer. I just got done reading that FAQ, and i'm definitely going to go with that one. I'm feeling much more confident towards my first grow :smile:

Thanks again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder