Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAnimals
Just Danson inthe Dark
 User Gallery

people unimpressed by the psychedelic experience
    #5570892 - 04/29/06 04:30 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Have you ever met such a person?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: people unimpressed by the psychedelic experience [Re: Animals]
    #5570900 - 04/29/06 04:31 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

No I've never met anybody who took a large enough dose who was like, meh, that was boring. I've met people who didn't like their experience and never took them again though.

--------------------
]

Offlinemonamine
dork
Male

Loc: Florida, US
    #5570917 - 04/29/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'd say probably a good half of the people I've tripped with were in the long run pretty indifferent or flatout hostile towards it.

I love tripping, but I don't think it's the be all and end all that I once did. And to be honest, right now at this point in my life I don't think I have anything to gain from downing a handful of mushrooms. Not that never plan on tripping again or anything like that, but there is a time and place and I don't think its the time nor place for me right now.

Offlinemonamine
dork
Male

Re: people unimpressed by the psychedelic experience [Re: Wysefool]
    #5570925 - 04/29/06 04:36 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wysefool said:
No I've never met anybody who took a large enough dose who was like, meh, that was boring. I've met people who didn't like their experience and never took them again though.

I've never met anybody who claimed during a high dose trip that it was boring, but I know plenty of people that just see it as a novelety they did when they were a little younger and nothing more.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: people unimpressed by the psychedelic experience *DELETED* [Re: monamine]
    #5570929 - 04/29/06 04:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Ferris

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Discuss Politics

OfflineAnimals
Just Danson inthe Dark
 User Gallery

Re: people unimpressed by the psychedelic experience [Re: Wysefool]
    #5570930 - 04/29/06 04:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I think its extremely important, its the most magnificent as well as strangest thing I've ever been fortunate enough to experience.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#5571230 - 04/29/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

the only people ive know not impressed by the experience are those who only take a little bit.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #5571243 - 04/29/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Animals said:

Yes, actually. An old friend of mine.

A few years back a few of us went out for dinner at a local bar to watch the Super Bowl. After the game, my one friend (who had never done anything other than weed before - and even that only a couple times) just comes out with "hey guys why don't we get an ounce of shrooms and split it between the four of us?".

Now I had taken a 1/4 ounce of mushrooms before, so I at least knew what I was in for, but my one friend had NEVER taken any and the other two had never taken that much before.

About one hour after dosing, as I was zooming hard enough to make rolling a blunt entirely impossible, I looked over at my friend (the one who's first time it was) and asked him how he was doing.

He looked at me, shrugged, and said "Eh...I think I could use some more."

That floored me. I was utterly stunned.

He's a big guy...but still...

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinemonamine
dork
Male

Re: people unimpressed by the psychedelic experience [Re: Ferris]
    #5571263 - 04/29/06 06:13 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
Psychadelics are unique in that they aren't a drug because of the pleasure it produces.

That's true. They aren't really pleasurable in and of themselves like,say, opiates are. The few people I knew who tried to trip to escape negative feelings (besides regular old existenial boredom), suffice to say, didn't use them for very long. Those are the kind of people I know who weren't impressed by the psychedelic experience.

Offlinemonamine
dork
Male

Re: people unimpressed by the psychedelic experience [Re: trendal]
    #5571300 - 04/29/06 06:22 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Quote:

Animals said:

He looked at me, shrugged, and said "Eh...I think I could use some more."

That floored me. I was utterly stunned.

He's a big guy...but still...

You might be able to chalk that up to differences in indiviual neurobiology and whatnot. Like, I've met people who could stand bigger doses than other people but I could tell they were tripping just as hard, and I've met people who just needed really large doses to trip at all. For example, I could take a hanful of ecstasy right now and it would just feel like a lot of Adderall because I'm taking Zoloft.

There are rare medical reports of people (mostly back in the 50's and 60's)basically being immune to LSD. They could give them huge amounts and they would react just like they were given a sugar pill.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: people unimpressed by the psychedelic experience [Re: monamine]
    #5571338 - 04/29/06 06:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah there's definitely a wide range of effects for different people. My friend was also around 400 pounds at the time so I'm sure that had something to do with it :smirk:

It was just wild to turn to him and have him say that to me while I was that high (that trip was the highest I ever got on mushrooms). I tried in vain to roll a blunt - something I did every day at the time - for almost an hour before I gave up and got our resident joint-rolling-girl to take over for me. And then there was my friend, sitting there looking bored :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #5571743 - 04/29/06 08:26 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Not in the short-term.

After a few days or a few weeks, some people forget the immense intensity of the experience and treat it as a "Meh" experience, but another three hits always puts them in their place for at least another few hours.

It takes a few times for psychedelics to sink in for some people.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinesome1whoisntme
Stranger

Re: people unimpressed by the psychedelic experience [Re: Ravus]
    #5571771 - 04/29/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Not in the short-term.

After a few days or a few weeks, some people forget the immense intensity of the experience and treat it as a "Meh" experience, but another three hits always puts them in their place for at least another few hours.

It takes a few times for psychedelics to sink in for some people.

This is true for me.  Every time I started thinking of my last trip as a "meh" experience, I'd trip again, then remember how intense it was for a few days, a couple weeks, whatever.  Then one time I took enough and it definitely "Sunk in".  I haven't tripped since then... :jawdrop:

--------------------
"Ignore the distortion you're forced to percieve and believe that what supercedes is love, but who agrees?"

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5572063 - 04/29/06 09:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'm in agreement with everyone who said that a person who wasn't impressed with the psychedelic experience was not taking a high enough dose. 

My first shroom trip was just a great body high and I smiled a lot.  It wasn't nearly anything mind blowing like I thought it was going to be.  Then one night I took a "heroic" dose and have never been the same since. :crazy2:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies